geez

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you ever just know that sooner or later bad is coming? I see man of the house and woman of the house (the neighbors that own oynx leave) they look happy and i am happy for them. Life has been a bit ruff lately. 15 minutes later i see onyx their dog out in my yard, so i call her in, get my leash and take her home. No cars in the drive so i think no one is there. I give her a treat and tie her up to the lead on the tree out front. Bark bark bark..for a while so i fill up so water and carry it up there. As i am trying to figure out how to secure the bucket so it doens't fall over i hear the children. I figure the bigger boys must be watching so i knock on the door..and the little 3 year old boys (twins) answer. Open the door and run out into the yard. I told them get me the bigger boys. They came back and said the bigger boys won't come..i said tell them if they don't smkie is going to tell..so out comes bigger boy. I said Onyx was down the street...and you know if the pound picks her up one more time they will destroy her. I asked him are you watching the little boys or is there a grown up..i am not about to leave now. They said Mary is downstairs..i said get me Mary. In the meantime little boys are all over the front yard..they are so sweet,,and funny, and active. Mary finally shows up.(i have not a clue who mary is) I said Onyx was down the street..and she is hot and needs to come in because she is barking..she said dang kids won't leave the door shut..sigh sigh sigh........................Onyx is now back inside and so are little boys. I pray to God that nothing bad ever happens to that crew. It is very uncomfortable in my heart.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Mary sounds like a great baby sitter :rolleyes: It sounds like your neighbors aren't real careful with their dog or their kids. :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
I really wish they would start taking better care of Onyx to make sure he doesn't get out. I would hate to see something bad happen to him because of their negligence.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
oh Victor is so insulted..i let onyx have a treat out of his bowl and didn't rinse it out before i tried to feed him..he just shot me one heck of a look and went and sat down indignant

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, Vic loves you. Maybe he thought you were taking in another dog, and Vic doesn't want to share your love with another besides Mary.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think the man scared him..and that is good..we been curled up together..ever since he came in he has stayed on the chaise with big eyes watching. He knows Onyx's scent, and i shoulda found different bowl. Mary says oh for pete sake give it to her and SHE'LL eat it! Who gives a ......... I gotta get a few more lbs off of her, not many just enuff that i see her walk a bit easier. She still has tiny love handles. Victor hates hates hates onyx..he wasn't here when she got out and i hurt my foot at the rock pile and dog park pretty badly (one of the reasons we didn't walk this afternoon or this morning either) so i called Onyx in the house instead of going for the car quickly. Mary was in the bedroom with Aaron sleeping so i knew i could get a leash on her and gave her a quick treat for coming when called. I just grabbed what was handy.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, how is your foot feeling. I hope you didn't hurt it too badly. Please be careful!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is just a silly old gripe, i wore them out a long time ago....i could go get a cortizone shot, but you are limited on how many you can have and i save those for mean old man winter....this will pass. I know better then to try to find those rabbits on the hill in the shoes i had on..slipped.

Members online

No members online now.