Stogie and I want to say Hi from Texas

Toaster

Greetings guys & gals.

I have a 9 months old Miniature short hair Dachshund male, named Stogie.
(what else do you name a Cigar shaped dog?)

He has trained us quite well in his 9 or so months in our house :) We adopted him September 3 2005, he was about 6-8 weeks old at that time... Tiny!!! I didn't even want a dog, but saw him, picked him up and never put him back down... he came home with my wife and I immediately.

How could I resist that face?

Immediately after getting him, we went to somewhere to buy supplies, this is him in the shopping cart on a pillow

As he got older, we took him with us everywhere, while he was still small enough to fit in the travel purse. Now at 8.5 pounds and barking like there's no tomorrow- he stays home alot!

I wanted a place to talk about our experiences with him, maybe get some help with him and trouble area's, etc....

honestly, he is part of our family now.. We have 3 kids (4 counting Stogie) - and we all absolutely adore him - except when he's bad, then only mom and dad love him and the other children get upset with him, like when he eats my 18 year old sons cd's.... chews on my 11 year old daughters clothes and personals, or growls at my 13 year old son because he plays rough with him (growls in a friendly rough-house kinda way)

Well.. thats about all I can say on our introduction.... oh and that we live in North Texas.... Arlington to be specific.

Toaster

Thanks.. I need to find the video's or pictures I took of him more recently.... he's considerably larger than that now.

When we first got him, he could walk under our tv stand in the living room... now he'd never fit under there.... :) another "not now" scenario... when he was a puppy - he would play with a golf ball, well try to anyway, he couldn't bite the golf ball - too big. Now he's got a yellow range ball, one of his favorite toys.

bubbatd

Hi... I'm bad about checking in here but " Stogie" made me curious !!! I thought what a great name for a Bull Dog ( Churchill ) ... but seeing he's a doxie...it's a great fit !!! Sweet dog and welcome to all !

Keana

I'm new, too! Stogie is one cute pup. My husband wanted a mini doxie, but after the last rescue, I think we're done........lol Welcome!

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Hello from Las Vegas and welcome to chaz. Stogie is adorable and love the name it fits well. This is a great place to get info and share your experiences. Hope to hear more from you and have more stogie pics.

Hi & welcome to Chaz....Stogie is absolutely adorable. I to have a Dachshund....he's supposed to be a mini, but he's more of a tweenie. His name is Jackson Browne...he's a 3 yr old red, smoothe male. I also have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Chloe. SHe's also three!! I love Doxie's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Members online