Getting a Betta fish!

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Kase said:
Congratulations . I can't wait for the pics, I bet he's really beautiful.
Thank you!:D

He really is quite colorful... Orangish head; pale pink body; his tail is light blueish/turquiose, red, little speck of purple with white tips .:D

Here is a fish I found that looks A LOT like him, it matches his color almost exactly (except Kipp has a bit more colors), and he is also a crowntail:D :

Last edited:

Kase

AusCatDogs_4Ever said:
Thank you!:D

He really is quite colorful... Orangish head; pale pink body; his tail is light blueish/turquiose, red, little speck of yellow with white tips .:D

Here is a fish I found that looks A LOT like him, it matches his color almost exactly (except Kipp has a bit more colors), and he is also a crowntail:D :
He sounds lovely, such beautiful colours.

What is a crown tail?

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Kase said:
What is a crown tail?
Bettas have a variety of tail types. Here are the most well known:

Crown Tail (CT)
Veil Tail (VT)
Half Moon (HM)
Plakat (PK)
Double Tail (DT)

You already seen a picture of a CT so here are the others:

This is a DT:

This is a VT:

This is an HM:

This is a PK (the fighter):

There are others too, but those are the most commom.

Oh boy, is he gorgeous! Crowntails are my favorite type of bettas after halfmoons. :D

Kase said:
He sounds lovely, such beautiful colours.

What is a crown tail?
Here is a veiltail, the ones that are usually in pet stores in the tiny cups.

Here's a halfmoon, these are one of the most popular types of betta from a breeder.

And here is a crowntail, another very popular one among breeders.

They all come in just about every color of the rainbow. =D

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
At first I couldn't decide which I liked better, HM's or CT's. At first I liked the HM better, and then I decided I like the CT better lol. HM are my second favorite. :D

When I was buying Kipp he was in the smallest cup of all. All of the other cups were twice the size of his. He just had enough room to turn around, that's why I especially felt sorry for him. :(

Kase

Ah right, I understand now. Thanks for posting the pics, I love all the different types of tails, so beautiful.

AusCatDogs_4Ever said:
When I was buying Kipp he was in the smallest cup of all. All of the other cups were twice the size of his. He just had enough room to turn around, that's why I especially felt sorry for him. :(
Aww poor Kip, I bet he was sooo pleased with his new home :D.

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Kase said:
Ah right, I understand now. Thanks for posting the pics, I love all the different types of tails, so beautiful.

Aww poor Kip, I bet he was sooo pleased with his new home :D.
He's very happy!:) When he was in the cup he barley moved, and now he's nuts! LOL.:D

iluvdogs

Betta's are real pretty, I bought my bf one a while ago and I think he fed it to much as it had a HUGE stomach, and then it died!..I told him no more fish for you!!..lol

Did you get a pic of yours Aus? I cant wait to see Kip :)

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Yes, I have pictures, but they are horrible! My camera is soo crappy, all the pics are blury. :( I can show you a video though, it's a bit clearer than the pics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNI__ITPi38

As you will notice, he LOVES to stare at me, lol. It's hard to get a side pic of him because he is always facing me, but eventually he gets bored of me and swims around. :p

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Kipp is so so cute! He really does have a nice blend of colors. I love CT's, too! I have one steel blue & red CT from Petsmart... my friend works there, and gave him to me because he was on the verge of death. Swim bladder disorder, finrot, fungus, the little guy had lots of problems! He's now very happy. All Bettas are very pretty and special in their own way, these guys are the best.

I have 8 Bettas, currently. 1 CT from Petsmart, 1 green HM female, 1 red/green Plakat female... and 2 HM girls who are the daughters of the HM green girl (one is turquoise, one is green marble), and 2 HM boys who are the sons (one is turquoise rosetail, one is green marble). The Daddy of those 4 passed on, his name was Maui and he was the most beautiful boy. I just got 2 new kids this weekend at a Betta club meeting, a multi-colored HM pair. They are the result of one of my babies (a solid green HM female) and a HM mustard gas male - the babies of these two will be yellow!

I have to disagree with girls being less colorful. My girls are SUPER colorful! They can also be kept in communities with other females (not with boys, though >_<) and are generally easier to care for.

Hey, ACD, if you would like another Betta sometime soon, just ask me! =P I will have 4 new spawns going this summer! This is Maui, the Daddy of my first spawn (hatched in November)...

B

Blue_Dog

oh wow that guy is handsome^

I have seen Kipp on other forusm. but i haven't seen that video til now. He is very lovely!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.