Bird Brains [Pics]

crazedACD

Wanted to get some new photos of my little flock.

Special Ed the Beebee Keet

Chevelle the Caique

Pronto!

Tiki and Mambo

The little Diamond Doves...they usually stay with my mom but her room is leaking so we moved them upstairs until it is repaired.

That's all! Enjoy!

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Gorgeous birds! Is Pronto a Starling? If so, does he make a lot of sound? All of the wild starlings at my old work were always so loud!

crazedACD

Gorgeous birds! Is Pronto a Starling? If so, does he make a lot of sound? All of the wild starlings at my old work were always so loud!
Yes he's a Starling..he's loud and chatters all day, but not too bad. He talks and mimics noises (barks, does the cell phone, squeaky dog toy noises, says random things). He has a TON of personality though, he's a really fun bird. It's too bad they aren't more popular as pets. I think if I ever were to lose him (in the far off distant future) I'd probably look for another...either from a breeder or someone that can't keep one they raised.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
You have starlings???!!!!

Never in my life have I seen a starling as a pet!

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Yes he's a Starling..he's loud and chatters all day, but not too bad. He talks and mimics noises (barks, does the cell phone, squeaky dog toy noises, says random things). He has a TON of personality though, he's a really fun bird. It's too bad they aren't more popular as pets. I think if I ever were to lose him (in the far off distant future) I'd probably look for another...either from a breeder or someone that can't keep one they raised.
Neat! I'd never heard of, or even really thought of, Starlings as pets! The odd bird that I would want as a pet would be a crow. My stepdad had one as a child and he's told so many stories about him. I'd love one named Poe. :)

crazedACD

He fell from a nest in the building at work..I hand raised him. I did a lot of research on letting him go and the general consensus was that if you don't raise a little group of them, they usually don't do well if they are released. They do fine as pets :), people do breed them. He eats freeze dried raw food, mostly, haha.

crazedACD

Neat! I'd never heard of, or even really thought of, Starlings as pets! The odd bird that I would want as a pet would be a crow. My stepdad had one as a child and he's told so many stories about him. I'd love one named Poe. :)
Someone brought me a baby crow too, once! (God I hate springtime..I can't say no..). Unfortunately they had had it for over a week and by the time I got it, I realized it was totally emaciated, and had maggots coming out of it's nostril. I was going to bring it to the vet or a rehabber the next day but he passed away that night. They had been feeding him only raw hamburger :(.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Someone brought me a baby crow too, once! (God I hate springtime..I can't say no..). Unfortunately they had had it for over a week and by the time I got it, I realized it was totally emaciated, and had maggots coming out of it's nostril. I was going to bring it to the vet or a rehabber the next day but he passed away that night. They had been feeding him only raw hamburger :(.
Oh how awful. :( I wish people would do more research if they were going to try and care for a baby animal.

They're all beautiful. I don't have one but I love Caiques. They seem so playful and cute from the videos I've seen of them but I'm not sure if I could handle one lol

Members online

No members online now.