Do you want to hear how my stupid morning went?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I did something pretty dumb this morning.

Got up nice and early then poked around online a while. I decided that we should go out to the park before it got too hot so we went and all was good.

I decided to drive over to my dad's house but drove up to see no cars there. My dad told me last night that they were going to go down to his new place outside of town to look around at where they'd started framing his house. So, I figured they had gone out to look at the new house. Since I had the dogs with me I decided I could wear them out good at the new house and take them to the lake after I walk around and look. So we drove out of town to his new place, which is 40 acres.

I drove up and the gate was open so I figured they must be back by the house or back with the horses. I drove in and a big truck came driving out the opposite way. I got by the house and no one was there. I drove up to the pasture and no one was there except for the horses. So.... I drove back down to the gate and realized I was locked in. I tried the lock and tried to pick it and no avail.

The dogs were having a blast and I started panicking because I realized my phone was not with me. I did have some pringles and oreos in the car from vacation and a cooler with a couple bottles of water and coke in it so I figured that I could survive until either another truck came or they came to check the horses.

I ended up parking in the shade with the windows down and waiting for a while, then gave up, jumped the fence, and hiked over to the neighbors to borrow a phone.

It was one of my less than stellar moments.

Last edited:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
:rofl1:

I'm sorry, but LOL sounds like something I would do.

I've once had to call my boss from inside work to come with his keys cause I locked myself IN the building

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Nice lol...something similar happened to me right when we were moving into the next house...not this house...not the last house...the one before that. I had hubby's car and he had mine...I had house keys on my key ring but apparently he hadn't put house keys on his yet and just had them separately in his pocket...so he had 2 sets I had none but I was at the house. Oops.

To make it even better, it was hot and I had Kim with me. And the previous owners had two border collies that lived outside in the little fenced yard 24/7 and we were worried because of the area that the backyard could be flea-invested so I couldn't just put Kim there where she could hang out under the deck...so I raided my training bag which was with me and ended up making a hobo tent shelter on top of the deck and we hung out under that for the two hours it took hubby to get back. Classy.

Kim didn't care. I was hungry, but not that hungry.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh yeah they all got a good laugh. lol

Now I'm all behind on the tings I needed to get done today since it's my first day back. I spent a lot of the morning trying to get out of the locked gate and then trying to track down my cell phone.

Members online

No members online now.