The other thread reminded me...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This one actually: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t106209/

Two weekends ago was the Responsible Dog Ownership Day thing I had to work. I had the girls with me and it was lots of fun.

Well, towards the end I'm standing there with Mia and Summer on a leash when this lady walks her yorkies by. One is in a stroller and the other is on the ground just decked out in clothing. I mean... shirt, overalls, shoes, hat... the whole thing. Mia turns around and sees this yorkie walking towards her and just leaps about a foot in the air and runs and hides behind me. She watched it walk past, tail tucked between her legs. I think she had NO idea what that weird thing was. It was the funniest thing. :rofl1:

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
aww poor Mia!

I saw my neighbors three yorkies today all dressed in matching rhinestone shirts, oh man, it was the cutest thing ever... I dont know how some people manage, I cant even keep a simple bow in Chloe's hair... I started young like they say but she just refused to have anything on... Im hoping come winter she will realize, its either freeze to death or wear a fido fleece, lol!

Gypsydals

Poor Mia. In her little/big brain shes probably thinking OHHH GOSH I hope Mom doesn't do that to me.
I'm sure this winter Ivan is going to get a few looks. I want to get him one of these PetEdge: Casual Canine Snowsuits for our winter walks along with some boots. He hates the cold and it makes it soo hard to walk him.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
What really freaks me out is the people who dress to match their dogs o_O OR those people who spend hundreds of dollars on brand name dog clothes... Seriously? I don't spend that much on human sized clothes!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I would spend hundreds on fancy brand dog clothes if I had it.
Ruckus almost NEEDS to sport some louis vuitton

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
LOL, we get Avon catalogs dropped off at work. I remember a few years ago I was flipping through and found this ADORABLE coat... that had a matching one for your dog. I laughed my head off and was like "OH MY GOD Auggie and I can match."
I sorta wish I'd bought it now because it just cracked me up so much. I don't know if I'd actually be able to wear it and not just laugh the whole time....

I bought Auggie a sweater on Saturday because it's getting cold and the heat wasn't on in our house yet. I thought he might start getting cold, even with all the fur, and it was $5, so I bought it. I came home with it... and the heat was on, LOL. Oh well.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
yeah, Lynn (sheltie) appeared cold yesterday despite her hair! she got under the covers on the bed and didnt want to go outside!

Giny

Poor yorkie, and poor Mia. I do understand a coat for when it's cold but when someone dresses a dog to such degree I personally feel it takes away from the dog to communicate with other dogs. Which is probably why it freaked Mia out. It would be like someone duct taping our mouth and tying our hands.

Lolas Dad

This one actually: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t106209/

Two weekends ago was the Responsible Dog Ownership Day thing I had to work. I had the girls with me and it was lots of fun.

Well, towards the end I'm standing there with Mia and Summer on a leash when this lady walks her yorkies by. One is in a stroller and the other is on the ground just decked out in clothing. I mean... shirt, overalls, shoes, hat... the whole thing. Mia turns around and sees this yorkie walking towards her and just leaps about a foot in the air and runs and hides behind me. She watched it walk past, tail tucked between her legs. I think she had NO idea what that weird thing was. It was the funniest thing. :rofl1:
A couple of weeks ago I went to Woofstock in Harrisburg PA along with Awareness day the day before. Before I left the area a friend called on his cell phone that I had not seen in a few years so we made plans for me to stop by. He knew I had Lola with me and she was allowed in but before we went in he put his dog in the back yard for a bit. After a period of time he brought his dog back in and Lola's reaction was similar to Mia's reaction when she first seen the dog.

He did not have the dog dressed but the dog he had came walking in looking like the one pictured. Lola had the reaction at first like What the bleep is that? :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.