Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.) 24.00 % Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega-3) (min.) .60 %
Crude Fat (min.) 14.50 % Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) (min.) 3.70 %
Crude Fiber (max.) 4.00 % Vitamin E (min.) 200.00 IU/KG
Moisture (min.) 10.00 % Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (min.) 50.00 mg/kg
Phosphorus (min.) .90 % Cellulase (a) (min.) 100.00 CMCU/kg
Calcium (min.) 1.20 %​

INGREDIENTS​
Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid), Herring Meal, Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Yeast Culture, Dried Enterococcus Faecium, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Inulin (from Chicory root), Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Dried Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.​

Fran27

I think it's a good food for an excellent price, definitely the best value out there. My dogs preferred Innova though, although it's a bit more expensive.

just today I switched jake from poor quality to canidae and I did 50/50 and he ate the canidae and left the poor quality in the bowl! and my cat is also switching to felidae and he LOVES it!! I like to know that they are eating a nutritional meal that I can afford.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I used it for a while. My only complaint was the coat quality, this was also the only complaint of my trainer who has show dogs, so it was definitally more important for her than me. My dogs never got fleas or ticks on this food, which I thought was wierd. I recently switched to Nature's Variety Raw instinct and BAM! the fleas are back. But on NV the dog's coats are definitally better and they seem to have a lot more energy.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
My dogs never got fleas or ticks on this food, which I thought was wierd. I recently switched to Nature's Variety Raw instinct and BAM! the fleas are back. But on NV the dog's coats are definitally better and they seem to have a lot more energy.
Hmm, thats really interesting. Tons of dogs around here are getting fleas and ticks, and I walk in a wood-y area. But no fleas and they both are eating Canidae ALS. Interesting....

To the OP, Canidae is a great food for the price. My dogs hav been on it for a year. Though I haven't seen any MAJOR changes.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
But no fleas and they both are eating Canidae ALS. Interesting....
I wonder what it is. I hate spending all the money on flea/tick meds and I don't really like putting all the chemicals on their skin (I know I wouldn't want it on me!).

bubbatd

I switched to it a month ago .....haven't seen any change , but I know it's a better food for Ollie .

DreamDoby

I fed Canidae for sometime. My dogs loved it and looked very nice on it. Not every food is ideal for all dogs and some do take a dive with coats if it isn't the right food for them.

MoonStr80

Obessed with Dogs
I use this product Canidae it's good dog food I add grapefruit seed exact each meal time b/c her beard & front legs are greasy could be from the food? BUT -- I don't want to have to change again

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I wonder what it is. I hate spending all the money on flea/tick meds and I don't really like putting all the chemicals on their skin (I know I wouldn't want it on me!).
Ick, me too. They haven't had any flea/tick meds all summer. (hoping it stays that way too)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
yep--both my dogs eat this--and both do great on it. I add a little olive oil to the bowl, helps keep thier coats nice---

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I like it. I used in for about 8 months and then my one dog got sick of it, I guess she got bored of the taste. It's a good food for the price though. My dogs prefer the Innova too!

MoonStr80

Obessed with Dogs
Juliefurry
You could always get different kinds meat of Canidae if your dog is bored of the same ones you get! That's what I do

Or you can mix with warm water or/and add a kind of meat or/and add fish oil etc

*PS* You can always rotate with Innova that's another good brand as well

Last edited:

StaceyWebb

Boxer Crazy
I feed Canidae Lamb and Rice for my allergy girl, and both dogs do really well on it. It's about the best I can afford. :) I like the small poops.

Toller_08

Two of my dogs eat Canidae (lamb) and they've never done better on a food. It's the only food Winston can eat without getting ill. Tango didn't do very well on it though. Her coat became dry and her energy went way down. Now she eats Orijen and raw and is doing much better. As others have said, what works for some dogs may not work for all, but I've heard of more success stories with Canidae than I have bad stories.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
We're switching to it. Already bought a bag and I'm just waiting for the other to run out. I hope the dogs both do well on it.

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Mine have been on this food for over 1 1/2 years, and they're both doing wonderful on it - Eevee lost weight and has a shiny coat, and Shippo's coat is silky and soft. Both have plenty of energy.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Juliefurry
You could always get different kinds meat of Canidae if your dog is bored of the same ones you get! That's what I do

Or you can mix with warm water or/and add a kind of meat or/and add fish oil etc

*PS* You can always rotate with Innova that's another good brand as well
We tried adding stuff to her Canidae but it only worked for a couple days so we went back to Innova. We may try her back on canidae in a couple months but for now we decided to give her a rest on the canidae. She only does good on the chicken meal and rice formula of canidae for some reason, we don't know why. Everything else makes her runny:confused:

Abstrax

Great Pyrenees Fancier
Thank you all for your responses, I am glad they are all good. I have always been a fan of the Canidae treats but figured I should ask how other dogs have done on their dry kibble. I am going to order a bag and give it a try after this current bag of Purina Pro Selects (Yuck I know haha.) runs out. I have a very picky unaltered male Pyrenees I show so its difficult finding stuff he likes. I usually have to spruce up with meats, fish and veggies. Not that I mind, he needs to gain the weight being he snubs everything lol.

Members online

No members online now.