How do you store your dog's food?

tara

I used to just keep it in the garage, but then I realized since it's so hot and humid out, that DEFINATELY is not the best place for it, so today I am going to buy either one of the Blitz or Vittles food storage bins, so I can keep it inside without Foster eating it out of the bag lol. How do you store your dog's food?

Fran27

In the kitchen in their bag. I put it on a chair and surprisingly the boys leave it alone now.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
we leave it in the bag and store it in the pantry.

The cats food we put in TINS and leave on the counter or in the pantry.

Elissa

PFR01

I keep the big bag in a garbage can in the garage and then I ppour that into a large tupperware container and keep that in the closet. This way I only need to run around for the food once a week.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I bought a dog food container for a 40 lb bag of food and I keep the food in the bag and store the bag (with food in it) in the container.

tara

so I went out to go buy a vittles or blitz food container/vault (or even just something that would be airtight I could put his food in) and I must have gone to 7 stores with no luck. I went to pet valu, super pet, zellers, canadian tire, tsc, petsmart, and petco. Well, I couldn't find anything ANYWHERE! Looks like I'm gonna have to order online. Too bad the shipping and handling will be like, 60 bucks. :mad: So I guess for now I'll just put it on top of his crate in my room and hope he doesn't climb up there to eat it. (Last night I had it on the floor, and he chewed a hole in the bag..I tried to put it in a cupboard somewhere in the kitchen, and we have LOTS of cupboard space, but everything is JAMMED FULL! its a wonder things don't fall out when we open the doors!!)

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
In a large Rubbermaid container, in the basement. Same with the cat food. Even though its not labeled as "food grade" I really dont care. A bag lasts less then 2 weeks anyway. We did keep it in a plastic garbage can (clean!) but the bottom got a hole in it, and about 1/2 the food was moldy. (Probably mice)

Toaster

We keep Stogie's food in a Tuperware Cereal container... you people with your vittle vaults! :D
Wal-mart... came in a pack of 4 cereal box type containers, with lids with a easy access flap for pouring out the contents. Stogie got the biggest one which easily holds about 4 to 5 lbs of food (the small bags which is what we buy him). And it stays in the kitchen next to where he eats. When he's hungry he'll sit next to the container/empty bowl until we pour him some :D

Oh, the 4 pack was like $6-$7 at Walmart... the kids and wife use the other 3. One of them is perfect sized for the 2qt iced tea packs (ie: crystal light) ... thats for us, not Stogie. :)

Members online

No members online now.