I feel like I've never done this before :/

My dog have always been well trained. Its something I take a lot of pride in. But with Olive and Tank I feel like I've tried everything. They are the first "special needs" dogs I've worked with and they have really broken my confidence as a trainer. I don't know if I've introduced them here, but they are both double dapple mini dachshunds. Olive has about 75% vision and is deaf, Tank has about 10% vision but can hear. We've had Olive since she was about 16 weeks, she is a year old. Tank is about 7 months and we've had him since he was 8 weeks. I have tried everything to potty train Olive. She just doesn't get it. Tank is a good boy, I have had only a few issues with training him, but we've always found something that has worked. Olive isn't motivated by anything. She can be outside all day and come inside and go to the bathroom. We watch her like a hawk, she is never out of sight so we always catch her and move her outside. She has been to the vet and tested and nothing is medically wrong with her that would cause this. She CAN hold it, because she does when crated. As for the crate, she hates it. We've given her good stuff in there (stuff she only gets while in there) moved it different places, covered it so it's a dark place to "hide". I'm really just at a loss with her. She is so difficult! Lol So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Kayla

Your doing a great job so please dont be hard on yourself.

I'm just wondering if maybe it might be easier to try something new, like using a pee pad inside in a dark place where she likes to go anyways, if by chance she likes it better and feels safer going inside then it could make your life a lot easier.

Not saying that's the only solution just that it's one thing that came to my mind.

Sending you a hug your dogs are lucky to have you:)

Members online

No members online now.