The Good News thread

The local pet boutique donates dog food to the food bank, way more then they could ever give out, so we trade, I give them gift cards for people food, which they need, and I get Acana/Orijen and Go! for half price when they have it!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Figured out why my smoothies were always chunky and gross and the blender didn't want to smoothify them.

Not enough liquid, d'oh.

Now they are EXCELLENT.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Reorganizing my room for puppy's arrival, I love ikea. Bought some storage bins and a over-the-door shoe storage thing with a million pockets for my closet, it is a thing of beauty. :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It was beautiful today!!!! Hannah and I spent the day in Hershey at Chocolate world and then to Hershey Gardens... A botanical garden with a super cool
Butterfly house and s lot of much needed sunshine without the added heat and humidity.

Tonight, it's so nice and crisp. I made a pork roast and now We are vegging on te couch with the window open and I have a blanket over me just because it feels good with the cool air. :)

I was able to use some of the fragments that Squash knocked out of the back porch screen door to replace some rotting boards on the garage (which we are in the midst of getting ready to repaint).

Now I feel badass.

Plus, I didn't have to make a whole trip for a few measly pieces of lumber. Laziness is the mother of invention. :p

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Hazard (my foster puppy) is going back to the shelter tomorrow. There's not much more I can do with him now at home that I won't be able to do at work. Hopefully he gets adopted at our big fundraiser event tomorrow so I won't have to worry about him, though he'll be sharing a kennel with his best buddy. Also my dogs now ALL dislike him and can't wait for the land shark to leave, so all in all it's a WIN WIN situation.

And then normally I wouldn't take on a new foster while my current foster sits at work (again I doubt he'll be on the floor for long, and any problems he'll start coming home with me again), I've been asked to take home some 3 week old puppies that were abandoned. First time with pups this little, but I'm excited for the new adventure!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Saurus met a girl.

And you guys, guess what? I REALLY LIKE HER.

She's five-foot-nothing and super sexy and we (her, her dog, Middie, and me) are going hiking tomorrow.

I have, like, a date.

GipsyQueen

Cleaned all the things over the weekend. Everything is sooo nice and CLEAN. I love that feeling.
We put up new curtians (we had these ugly blue things from the older renters), a rug and a picture in the office room and it's just so much more comfortable looking.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I am cleaning ALL THE THINGS today.

Although I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE how hard it is to clean in this stupid apartment. The windows are double layered, (old windows that didn't have screens before, but then were added in) so it is impossible to clean some parts unless you take the entire window apart and that is where the spiders like to live. And everything is so cracky and old that dust has settled in EVERYWHERE and it is impossible to get rid of. Add that to two dogs that are shedding like there is no tomorrow and....BLEH. And I swear, no matter HOW many times I take a broom to the windows outside, there are cobwebs all over the top of them the very next day.

But I am cleaning ALL THE THINGS. And reorganizing. :D And making a list of things I need to buy to replace certain items/make my life easier. It's kind of nice being able to do what I want with the place and not have to deal with Mike's, "Oh, you can't throw that out, it is still useful," even though it is uglier than sin and matches nothing. I'm even going to buy a bed set that *gasp* matches.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I ordered an electric blanket ready for winter :D I get soooooo cold. Goodbye pjs, hoodie, 2 blankets and 2 hot water bottles. Hello toasty warm nights!!!! I'm almost excited for it to get cold now!!! Take that in the face winter!!

I ordered an electric blanket ready for winter :D I get soooooo cold. Goodbye pjs, hoodie, 2 blankets and 2 hot water bottles. Hello toasty warm nights!!!! I'm almost excited for it to get cold now!!! Take that in the face winter!!
I got two for Christmas last year, a little lap one for the living room, and a queen sized one for the bed, I <3 them both.

We have a superking bed, but other half hates warm beds so I've ordered a single. It's all MINE!
The queen is dual zone lol. He can turn it on if he wants lol. If yours are polar fleece (mine both are) and while they are washable you should t do it too often get a couple single duvet covers from Walmart or target and use those, save the blanket from hair!

Saeleofu

MY brother's GF bought us all electric blankets last winter. I love mine SO MUCH, and so does Gavroche lol. I still wear footie pajamas, but when it's 45F in my room I'm still warm and cozy :D It makes getting up in the morning hell, though.

Members online

No members online now.