How to Photograph a Show Dog on a 35 Degree Day

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I posted these in NRA's thread, but figured I'd repost them.... because they make me giddy. I feel like I've found a Fabergé Egg in a thrift store for 25 cents....

Anyway... it was cold, rainy, windy and miserable. 35 degrees, with waves of icy rain and sleet. 'Yes!' thought I... 'what a perfect day for photos!'

NRA was kind enough to assist me, and put with my craziness. She ended up getting some great shots of miss Serenity!

Taken in front of Catt Hall on campus. It's all blurry and icky by her head because I tried - unsuccessfully - to edit myself out of the photo. Ah well.

Another one in front of Catt Hall. The "INV" is part of the word "INVENT", one of the words carved into the building's stone stairs. In case anyone was wondering.

Onward, to another building! Serenity was a good sport and allowed herself to be stacked on the stairs... what a tolerant girl!

That's all... until next time! ;)

Good God, Sizzle, she is a freakin' gorgeous dog. I've never been all that crazy about dobermans (just haven't been around too many well bred ones that struck me as nice looking) but the more I look at your guys, the more I get enamored by them. But her...I'm more than enamored. She's just jaw-dropping spectacular.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Good God, Sizzle, she is a freakin' gorgeous dog. I've never been all that crazy about dobermans (just haven't been around too many well bred ones that struck me as nice looking) but the more I look at your guys, the more I get enamored by them. But her...I'm more than enamored. She's just jaw-dropping spectacular.
Awww thanks, SFD! Compliments from non-dobe people make me feel extra good!

I really think that the Powers That Be must have heard the huge slam of the door when Ilsa left too soon... so they figured they'd better open a door just as big, with Serenity. :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Now I am no expert, but she looks well put together even to the untrained eye like mine!

I really think that the Powers That Be must have heard the huge slam of the door when Ilsa left too soon... so they figured they'd better open a door just as big, with Serenity. :)
You surely deserve her :)

And I'm sure Ilsa was, errrr, PERSUASIVE with those Powers to send you the right pup :rofl1:

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Every picture i see of her, I am struck with a sort of "presence" she has. I think she is going to be quite the showdog, just because there is something about her that makes your eyes stay glued to her. I say this not knowing exactly what Dobe judges are looking for.

Dekka

Just try me..
I would like to point out I find the thread title misleading. LOL when I see 35 degrees I think nice and kinda hot. (35C=95F) :D

Members online