Cuz I really wanna know-Movie dog

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
asking everywhere I can lol...

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Anyone got an inside track on the dog in Wil Smith's new movie, "I Am Legend"...a GSD? [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Who is she/he and where from? [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Looks to have a pretty big role in the flick...featured on a lot of the trailers and posters, etc? COOL! Wonder if the dog gets to kick some mutant bootie?[/FONT]

Is the GSD community prepared for the onslaught? Beagle folks just had Underdog but did anyone even SEE that? This movie will be HUMONGOUS so....I'd be worried were I a GSD breeder trying to do the right thing.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
What an awesome tag line for the BYBers though! "GSD's will protect you from vampires!" "Our dogs are sired by dogs with vampire/mutant eating champions in their lines!"

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Omg! Just gotta say now, I DID NOT GET BELLA TO EAT MUTANTS! lol

It probably will bring on a bigger want for GSD's... More so than now... now everyone doesn't choose them so much as find out it's a mix in thier mutt..

I like the breed, and not for mutant-eating reasons.;)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
"Abbey, a three-year-old German Shepherd, played Neville's dog. Another dog was used for scenes where Neville plays fetch with his companion, as Abbey refused to perform these scenes."

I found that on Wikipedia.

The GSD is very cute, though! I really want to see it... the book is awesome.

noludoru

Bored Now.
ROFLMAO, Zoom.. I doubt anyone would be that dumb.

And no, I don't know where the dog is from nor have I even heard of the movie until now. But I think I'll go see it if the dog is cute. :D

(Take a hint, directors... ANYONE will go see a movie if they have cute kitties and doggies! We really ARE that gullible!)

I know the GSD is in the movie for quite some time, and plays a large role..but not to spoil anything, I haven't even seen the movie yet, theres a scene in a preview where Will Smith is picking up the I am assuming very injured GSD, and then in later scenes you don't see the dog anymore..

I read the book! In the book he never actually had a dog that was his companion, but there was a stray he was trying to get to come inside..but it never did, and he never saw it again.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i is going to see it on opening night for my bday...

and yes, from the trailer it does look like the dog gets serioulsy hurt/killed at one point :(

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
From what it sounds like in the article jess posted... possibly the dog was a rescue? If so, neato!

Also - I was in New York when this movie was being filmed. They closed of f alarge portion of Manhattan to film, and we had to walk allllllll the way around the blockades! I definitely want to see the movie, especially since I, in essence, saw part of it while I was in NYC last year.

They filmed Christy near here, and a friend of mine was one of the associate producers on Evil Dead, which was filmed here in Morristown. He kept trying to get me to come out to the filming site, but I didn't have any interest in it.

Members online

No members online now.