Bitesports (Ringsports and IPO)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
PSA seems really interesting, I read through some of the scenarios and stuff, the stuff with hidden sleeves is cool and it sounds like the dogs are pushed through some socially and physically intimidating stuff! Are there PSA trials around you? They are trying to start them around here. It'd be cool to go see I think!
It is interesting! And funny, I was just reading through the rule book today to see what the PDC entails.

To my knowledge we don't have particularly local trials - the sport started in NC because it was founded by Jerry Bradshaw of Tarheel K9, so most trials are east of me and would take significant driving. The club is talking about becoming officially affiliated again and getting decoy certs to hold a trial eventually, though, so maybe by the time we're ready to trial, that will all pan out.

I'm hoping that trial distance (and the expenses that entails) won't be a huge roadblock for us. But we've got a while before that's an issue anyway!

I want to do a bitesport that does NOT have tracking. I hate tracking because we live in the middle of a desert. :(

For example- this is our tracking. :yikes:

There are a few cases towards Bakersfield and then again towards San Diego. But not really here. In fact I had a vet here tell my friend that Valley Fever was a death sentence for a dog. Um...no. :rolleyes:

But it's ugly, and parks are almost non-existent and are not watered much. And convincing a dog to suck up that crap, well, you've been there in Vegas. We're only about 3 hours away.

When we were in Belgium and Holland, we went to both a KNPV club and an NVBK club. VERY interesting. Also saw the FCI version of Belgian Ring.

I wish I could play in more sports. I DID teach a DOH to my last competition dog, though. That was a LOT of fun. I have video and pictures somewhere...

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I don't know if anyone has read this before but this was a good read for me when trying to break down KNPV.

http://home.planet.nl/~teune020/engelsph1.htm
Very cool, I've bookmarked it. B's granddaddy is a working K9 in Ohio and more or less every dog behind him has a PHI or PHII, so I'm always interested in learning more about that side of the family. Her AKC reg'd side is much easier to research.

smeagle

My focus is obedience but I also train my 16 month old Mal in personal protection. It's not something I've ever done before but so awesome! I love training the 'street smart' skills as opposed to more stylized bite work. She loves working on the suit. It's awesome to see them doing something they are so natural at.

IPO is not a huge sport here but if it was I would probably be more inclined to train it, we don't have mondio here but it does really appeal to me.

chelsey

For anyone in driving distance of Toronto Ontario, Wiley and I will be working in a seminar with a decoy Alberto Do-Carmo of France (Le Domaine des Eclaireurs) who is the training decoy of high level dogs competing and winning in major competitions in France. There will be a lot of nice dogs and puppies working at the seminar and it is a very welcoming crowd if you want to come watch for the day. Open to new dogs as well who want to try out the sport. Working spots are $100/day (discounts for 2 and 3 days), auditing spots are $25. You can PM me for info and contact/location details or look up North Toronto K9 Center on facebook for event details.

A friend of mine took some video last weekend and put it up on youtube.

Here it is

[YOUTUBE]/_Q1Lw-kBKNY?list=UUKfn6LrrGmXS4eaqJf1OnSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

ok, I give up. I guess i'm just too ****ing stupid to embed a video.

Last edited:
I just started in the sport of Schutzhund and I am completely hooked! I am interested in Mondio and PSA as well, I would like to train in those sports too, someday.

Ace did not start training for Schutzhund until about 5 months ago, so he's not nearly as far along as the other dogs his age. But he's catching on ;)

Members online

No members online now.