Border Collie Breeders

elegy

overdogged
That's funny because I was on the Orion site a week or so ago and saw Steve. I was like hey... I know that dog! :lol-sign:
Too funny!

Steve occasionally gets dissed for being a sporter collie, but I am very happy with him and happy with my puppy-purchasing experience.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Too funny!

Steve occasionally gets dissed for being a sporter collie, but I am very happy with him and happy with my puppy-purchasing experience.
I am sorry to kind of thread jack, but I think this is SUCH an important thing.

People focus way too much on finding a breeder (especially people who are on dog forums!) that everyone will approve of
and here's a hint.. it's never going to happen :rofl1:

Find a responsible breeder that is right for you, YOU are living with this dog everyday, not everyone else.. and those who matter..won't mind lol
even if you have to deal with the occasional show bred/sport bred/whatever comment.. you know you have the right dog for you sooo..really, it's more than worth it.

I am very unapologetic when it comes to the breeder I decided on.. I am not going to sugarcoat it with some kind of "Oh she is a show breeder.. BUT" no buts. she is a show breeder. She does other things with her dogs but I don't feel the need to somehow prove her worth as a breeder by tacking that on like being a show breeder is something to be ashamed of lol

~Tucker&Me~

Too funny!

I get dissed for having a sporter collie too, Spy is from a sporting breeder and I couldn't be happier lol. I am seriously considering Painted Star for my next breeder and to be honest... I don't care if people are upset about it. Props to the people going to responsible herding breeders, props to people going to responsible sport breeders... At the end of the day, I only take issue with someone going to a breeder who is irresponsible, and even then I only give my opinion when asked (typically).

If you find what you want in a dog out of a herding breeder, I am happy for you! Same goes for a dog from a sport breeder. I guess I dislike extreme attitudes from people. I used to think of it in more black/white terms, but I have noticed over the years and with more experience that there are plenty of shades of gray and also plenty of people breeding responsibly (imo) who are not of the 'perfect' stereotype.

People focus way too much on finding a breeder (especially people who are on dog forums!) that everyone will approve of

Find a responsible breeder that is right for you, YOU are living with this dog everyday, not everyone else.. and those who matter..won't mind lol
even if you have to deal with the occasional show bred/sport bred/whatever comment.. you know you have the right dog for you sooo..really, it's more than worth it.

I am very unapologetic when it comes to the breeder I decided on.. I am not going to sugarcoat it with some kind of "Oh she is a show breeder.. BUT" no buts. she is a show breeder. She does other things with her dogs but I don't feel the need to somehow prove her worth as a breeder by tacking that on like being a show breeder is something to be ashamed of lol
Very much agree with the bolded points :)

I am glad most of chaz is pretty accepting. There is another forum with quite a bit of knowledge but I just can't get into it because I find it so extremist and elitist in some of its views :( I am scared to post about Spy so I just lurk and search specific things occasionally lol.

So. Much. This.

I didn't choose a PC breeder but I've never been less than honest about it. For the most part, I'm as up front about it as can be because guess what? I got the most awesome amazing dog in the world for me out of it and thats what matters. Not if it steps over other people's morality, ethical or preference lines because it's NOT their dog. He's mine. ALL MINE <3

And Steve is awesome. The end.

elegy

overdogged
I am seriously considering Painted Star for my next breeder and to be honest... I don't care if people are upset about it.
Their upcoming Porsche/Excel litter should be AMAZING.

If I ever went to them, it'd be for a Borderstaffy though. *drool*

~Tucker&Me~

Their upcoming Porsche/Excel litter should be AMAZING.

If I ever went to them, it'd be for a Borderstaffy though. *drool*
Well it's funny you say that because over the past year I have been growing more interested in the idea of having a staffy bull. Thing is I am competitive and I like fast dogs... And tbh (no idea if this is the case or not), I always worried that they would be slow :p

I never even considered a borderstaffy though. I am super torn on whether to go with a BC or a staffy next... Maybe I should look into a borderstaffy. I have to admit, I was pretty awesomed-out when I saw they breed BOTH :yikes: I couldn't believe my luck lmao.

My next dog will probably be in late 2013 or early 2014 though so I have time to think it over and can just wait and see what they are expecting around that time. I also want to meet more bully breeds (staffy-bulls specifically) before making any decisions. I like dogs that want to work with me (why I am so drawn to BCs) and that I don't have to bribe or convince that I am worth their time so on one hand I feel like I should stick with what I know but on the other I find myself attracted to SBs again and again... *sigh*

Sorry didn't , mean to hijack :p

elegy

overdogged
Well it's funny you say that because over the past year I have been growing more interested in the idea of having a staffy bull. Thing is I am competitive and I like fast dogs... And tbh (no idea if this is the case or not), I always worried that they would be slow :p

I never even considered a borderstaffy though. I am super torn on whether to go with a BC or a staffy next... Maybe I should look into a borderstaffy. I have to admit, I was pretty awesomed-out when I saw they breed BOTH :yikes: I couldn't believe my luck lmao.
My friend Lisa has a Staffy from Wavemaker Staffords who is running 4.2s in the pack in flyball (which is about what Steve runs most of the time-- he's a 3.9-4.0 dog in start, but a little slower in the pack). And he's still pretty green. I'd be happy with that. He's the second dog on this page... Madoc. He's a delightfully clownish guy. Such a ham. Just the way a staffy should be.

vandog

Merlie Girlie!
This kind of made me chuckle because the puppy I am waiting on (hopefully to be born at the beginning of May) is an Ignited/Orion girly being bred to a dog from Powertripp (though of Hollowshot breeding). One of that Powertripp's dog's daughters out of a Painted Star Farms bitch is heading to The World Agility Championships in May. I am so excited for this puppy!

Also, I'd add Quicksilver.
I always wondered what kennel Steve was from. Kim told me about this litter - it should be an interesting one!

Members online

No members online now.