Spring's first snow...

Toller_08

Tuesday was Spring's first snow experience. To my surprise, she absolutely hated it! She was ok Monday night when it was just starting to snow and there wasn't much on the ground, but the next morning when I let her outside she wanted nothing to do with it. I opened the door, told her "outside"... she walked out onto the steps, sniffed the air, looked at the yard, looked back at me, and ran inside as fast as possible. Where she then proceeded to walk around the kitchen like a duck (lifting each paw weirdly because they were cold), and hid under the table, wagging her tail at me with a little grin because she knew I was going to make her go back out. She thought she'd try to act really cute anyway though, so that maybe, just maybe I'd let her stay in. So, I went to get my slip lead, put it on her and coaxed her out the door. Then I had to walk her to the middle of the yard where she just stood there looking up at me like I was the most horrible person ever, lol. She stood completely still, looking all dejected for 10 minutes, lifting each paw is they got cold again. Meanwhile I'm standing there tossing snowballs in the air for Dance to catch, trying to make a big deal about how fun snow is to encourage her! I can only imagine what the neighbours must've thought, lol. Eventually she ventured off slowly into the rest of the yard and came around, but wow! Even the Dobermans don't mind the snow that much and they barely have any hair! She better get used to it. If only she knew that those few inches on the ground were nothing compared to what's yet to come -- just wait until we get a snowfall higher than her!

Anyhow, here are some pictures from a little later on that day and Monday night. Not the best of quality (camera battery was dying, and I just snapped a few shots while I still could).

A few more..

Dekka

Just try me..
LOL you need to tell her that as a good Canadian breed of dog she must at least try to like the snow...

Zhucca

Lab Love
Wow, you got a lot of snow collection.. here in the south it took all night for the lawns to get atleast a few centimeteres.. maybe inches of it.

But, too bad for spring.. shes living in the wrong country to dislike snow that much! LOL
Shes so cute. Though, admittedly, I have more of a soft spot for dance.. her little face is so precious.

And btw, I think I've decided on a toller for my next dog (99.99% sure). I was gunna get a pom soon.. but I decided I needed to knock some sense into my head and remember that it's just not the time to, :lol-sign: Hard to deny pom puppy cuteness though.. :eek:

Toller_08

Thanks everyone!

Haha, yep, she's definitely in the wrong country if she doesn't like snow! That's ok though. I don't like it either. If I was rich (which I am far from, lol) I'd have a winter home in Australia and come back to canada for the summers. I'd be so happy if I never had to experience snow again.

Zhucca, I hope you get a Toller! Good for you for having the will power not to get the Pom puppy.. I wish I'd have had some of that when I decided to get Spring! Not that I regret getting her in the slightest (she's been the perfect addition), but timing wasn't exactly perfect. We still have to try and meet sometime. Are you going to come to the show this month? Both of my girls are entered, so you'd get to meet them, and I usually hang out with other Toller people too (my breeder, Torlan Tollers, and whoever else is around) so you'd get to meet some other dogs as well. :)

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Oh my i am with her on the snow, i am just not ready. Beautiful photos! I always enjoy seeing your dogs.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
You guys are killing me with the Toller pics, lol! I really like everything I've seen and heard about the breed :)
Me, too, Renee!
Everytime I see a pic of a toller here, I immediately think, "AWW!! I WANT A TOLLER."
They look like the most pleasant dogs!

Your shots are great, and your tollers are GORGEOUS.
ME WANTS.:D

Zhucca

Lab Love
Thanks everyone!

Haha, yep, she's definitely in the wrong country if she doesn't like snow! That's ok though. I don't like it either. If I was rich (which I am far from, lol) I'd have a winter home in Australia and come back to canada for the summers. I'd be so happy if I never had to experience snow again.

Zhucca, I hope you get a Toller! Good for you for having the will power not to get the Pom puppy.. I wish I'd have had some of that when I decided to get Spring! Not that I regret getting her in the slightest (she's been the perfect addition), but timing wasn't exactly perfect. We still have to try and meet sometime. Are you going to come to the show this month? Both of my girls are entered, so you'd get to meet them, and I usually hang out with other Toller people too (my breeder, Torlan Tollers, and whoever else is around) so you'd get to meet some other dogs as well. :)

Yeah, I'll be coming to the show. I haven't been to a dog show in a long time and I've been missing them.. lol.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Great pics! Spring and Dance are so pretty :D

I can't believe you have snow- I'm actually getting ready to go to the pool right now ;)

And I definitely want a Toller for my next dog- I'm planning on getting one hopefully around this time next year.

Members online

No members online now.