Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Ahhhhh I haven't posted in SOOO long! Joce, congrats on your little guy! Congrats to all you pregnant ladies!

MM, I don't know if you're still dealing with the fake cry but here's a good resource:

http://evolutionaryparenting.com/fake-crying-in-infancy/

Ev is 9 months now. She's starting to stand on her own, pulls herself up on everything, is crazy in love with the critters here (who don't reciprocate), has 7 teeth up front and is getting two molars, sleeps like a normal kid during the day now, still dances, loves climbing up the stairs and is just generally adorable and perfect.

I'm really struggling to get work figured out because I haven't left her with anyone (other than an hour with my husband) since November and she too is in the SA phase. But we found an AWESOME daycare so that helps and I'm hoping to just go back part-time to start.

I'm in the throes of puppy fever right now and I really, really need to convince my husband because I'd really like a hobby and to do something besides be a mom.

As for her first birthday, we are going all out with an outdoor party. I have a pinterest page dedicated to it. I realize it's over the top but it's partly a celebration since her entrance to this world was so scary and not fun. So we're doing a garden party/shabby chic theme and asking for donations to the Ronald McDonald House in lieu of gifts.

milos_mommy

Allison, that party sounds awesome! We're also doing an all-out backyard barbecue with a rainbow theme. Everyone says keep first birth day's small, but I love big parties. And Lillian's used to big crowds.

I'm taking a pregnancy test soon. My period is late, but it's been a little weird since I stopped breastfeeding. However, this month we started not trying not preventing. And then SO lost his job. I'm not quite sure what I'm hoping for

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We had a big party at our house for Hannah's 1st birthday (man that was so long ago) and had 30+ friends and family members here. It was a minnie mouse theme party and it was a great day. Lots of kids and they all had fun playing together while the adults enjoyed visiting with each other... Many of the family members hadn't seen each other in quite a while. It was awesome!!!! People kept telling me "you don't need to do anything, it's not like she'll remember it" yeah... But I WILL. Don't my memories count for anything? Lol. I don't regret having a big party one little bit. It was a great day even if it was a little overly cozy in our little house lol

joce

We had a big party at our house for Hannah's 1st birthday (man that was so long ago) and had 30+ friends and family members here. It was a minnie mouse theme party and it was a great day. Lots of kids and they all had fun playing together while the adults enjoyed visiting with each other... Many of the family members hadn't seen each other in quite a while. It was awesome!!!! People kept telling me "you don't need to do anything, it's not like she'll remember it" yeah... But I WILL. Don't my memories count for anything? Lol. I don't regret having a big party one little bit. It was a great day even if it was a little overly cozy in our little house lol

My mom spent hours the other night telling me about my first bday and showing me pics. I think it was because I mentioned NOT having a big first bday for Case. So I guess she has guilted me into not thinking that way lol!

I am two months in and have to say this baby thing is pretty easy;) I think dealing with puppies and horses for years and not being able to sleep on my schedule had me pretty well prepared. And he is so freaking cute!!!

CaliTerp07

So my little man surprised us a couple weeks ago. He wasn't due until April 7th, but my water broke on March 2nd and he showed up just before noon March 3rd.

Introducing Logan Connor :)

He was 5 weeks early but he avoided the NICU and has been doing really well. He's gaining weight, eating well, and sleeping like a champ.

GoingNowhere

Congratulations!!!!! He is adorable and him in that little puppy outfit is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen :) Lucy looks like she likes him :)

k9krazee

So my little man surprised us a couple weeks ago. He wasn't due until April 7th, but my water broke on March 2nd and he showed up just before noon March 3rd.

Introducing Logan Connor :)

He was 5 weeks early but he avoided the NICU and has been doing really well. He's gaining weight, eating well, and sleeping like a champ.

OMG! Congratulations!!!!! He's adorable and I LOVE the pics!!!! The one with Lucy is precious :)

noludoru

Bored Now.
CONGRATULATIONS, Karen!

I was just worrying/wondering how you were doing yesterday. It's like you read my mind. :p

How is Miss Lucy doing with Logan?

milos_mommy

Congrats! I've also been thinking about you and your lack of recent posts! Did you ever go to Peru?

How was labor and delivery? How big was Logan? Those pictures are great!

On another note, did anyone have implantion bleeding that was like a very light period? I'm having more than spotting but not enough to bleed through a liner every few hours? I've never had a period like this before

Xandra

Congrats!! Lovely pics! I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't seen you in a while and that you must be due soon! Glad all is well with him!

joce

Love those pics!!!

My guy was a month early and has caught up! I kept thinking I was gonna break him that first month lol!

Oh, Karen, he's perfect! Congratulations! I am so glad you're both doing well!

My child is somehow 10 months old. How? HOW?!

She is free-standing a little now but so far has zero interest in walking. Perfect. Let's keep it that way for awhile.

CaliTerp07

Congratulations!!!!! He is adorable and him in that little puppy outfit is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen :) Lucy looks like she likes him :)
Lucy may or may not like him because Zach put a treat on his forehead. :p

OMG! Congratulations!!!!! He's adorable and I LOVE the pics!!!! The one with Lucy is precious :)
Thanks--I lucked into finding a high school girl who did 'em for super cheap!

CONGRATULATIONS, Karen!

I was just worrying/wondering how you were doing yesterday. It's like you read my mind. :p

How is Miss Lucy doing with Logan?
I aim to please :D Lucy is ambivalent towards the baby, which is awesome. She has become SUPER clingy towards adults though, desperate for attention. It kind of breaks my heart, because I just want to snuggle her all the time but my hands are generally full :( She's being really good though.

Congrats!

What beautiful photos
Thank you!

He's adorable and that puppy outfit is AMAZING. Congrats! I was just wondering the other day about you :)
Etsy is a wealth of goofy newborn dress up clothes. Thank goodness I cut myself off.

Congrats Cali! And welcome, Logan! Love the pics!
Thank you!

So cute, congrats!!!
Thanks!

Congratulations! I was totally shocked to see he was already here!
Yeah, we were kind of shocked that he is already here too ;)

Congrats! I've also been thinking about you and your lack of recent posts! Did you ever go to Peru?

How was labor and delivery? How big was Logan? Those pictures are great!
Yes! Peru was INCREDIBLE. Everyone should go. By far one of the best vacations of my life. We saw CAPYBARAS! And caymen, and macaws, and monkeys, and chinchillas, and hiked around Machu Picchu and it was just amazing. So glad we went.

L&D was great. DC was getting a major, major snow storm Sunday night into Monday, so of course my water broke Sunday night. We rushed to the hospital as it was just starting to freezing rain, so thankfully we beat the worst of it and spent the storm snowed in where we needed to be. (Side note: Nurses told us that storms often cause people to go into labor...odd).

Contractions never really started on their own (just the weak ones I'd been having for weeks), so they had me walk stairs for a couple hours to try to get things going. The sorest part of my body the next day was my legs! When contractions still didn't ramp up, they put me on pitocin around 11 pm, and I got my epidural around 2 am. It blocked contractions and made my right leg a limp noodle. Things progressed nicely, and by 11:30 am they had me push--15-20 minutes later, along came baby! 5 lbs 9 oz, 19 inches long (And ohhhhhhh Lordy, I felt ALL of the crowning and pushing and delivery!)

Somehow the nurses got it mixed up that I didn't want immediate skin to skin (I really just wanted them to clean him up a little first!) and they tried to put him on my chest right away. I squealed and put up my hands and said, "NO NO, EW, GROSS!" so now that's in the baby book as the first thing I said about him. Oops. The NICU team evaluated him and handed him back to me, and other than needing heat lamps for a few hours he stayed with us the whole time in recovery. They kept us an extra day because he was having trouble eating, but he's been doing well once we figured out the bottle. The pediatrician said he was in the 13th percentile for weight, and Zach and I did a little happy dance. With his scrawny chicken parents and being 5 weeks early, 13th percentile is a major win!

Congrats!! Lovely pics! I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't seen you in a while and that you must be due soon! Glad all is well with him!
Sleep deprived and frazzled, but otherwise pretty good!

congrats! He's adorable!! :)

And that puppy outfit is awesome!
Thanks!

Love those pics!!!

My guy was a month early and has caught up! I kept thinking I was gonna break him that first month lol!
YES! I liken him to a hamster--I just feed/change him, gently pet him with 1 finger so I don't break him, and he's nocturnal. (He actually sleeps pretty well, but still). Glad your man has caught up!

Oh, Karen, he's perfect! Congratulations! I am so glad you're both doing well!
Thank you!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Somehow the nurses got it mixed up that I didn't want immediate skin to skin (I really just wanted them to clean him up a little first!) and they tried to put him on my chest right away. I squealed and put up my hands and said, "NO NO, EW, GROSS!" so now that's in the baby book as the first thing I said about him. Oops.
OMG ahahahahaha that is hysterical.
How are you doing now that he's here?

Members online

No members online now.