Did police shoot dogs in evacuation center?

panzer426

from what I have seen, and I know a national guard woman and a sheriff down there, some of the idiot hillbillies including atleast one sheriff or deputy have been "hunting" the stray dogs. according to my in-law who is a national guard and other in-law who is a sheriff about 30 miles outside N.O. the guard has been given permission to fire on anyone found shooting at dogs. they will give a warning and then have permission to open fire. of course that wont happen though, they wont fire unless they think they are being fired on themselves. I bet a few will lie and say they feared for their lives and returned fire. the one sheriff or deputy I heard about (think it was the same one on tv) was arrested and will be held pending a trial. supposedly it will be a trial by a jury of his peers and they are holding him until the jury of his peers can be made up of residents of new orleans. again, that is just a rumor. but I hope it is true.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I saw a video of it. Wasn't a good sight.

I think it was also on the local news- it is true. They're being idiots; they were shooting the dogs for no reason.

keyodie

Keyozilla
yeah, idiots....grrrr

I feel really bad for those that left their dogs there. It's just too sad.

yoko

it would be horrible if you left your dog behind and you were so worried about it and then you saw on television someone shot your dog. i would cry

RoxyBoxer

I dont think I could ever leave mine behind... But then again I live in quebec the worst that happens here is snow storms. Id love to take dogs like that into foster care one day. We are eventually getting a farm and thats my goal to have as many boxers as I can take care of either my own or rescues that are going to a good home! So many people in Canada are adopting boxers lately and since pitbulls are getting banned in some places (ontario) alot are looking into getting a boxer.

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Dog shootings... please help!

Mark Steinway from PasadoRescue, and investigators from the Louisiana State Attorney General's Office collected 15 dead dogs and cats from the St. Bernard Elementary School for necropsy.

From Pasado Rescue at: http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/NEWS/NEWS.htm
http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/NEWS/DOGSHOOTING/REWARD.htm

We are incurring huge costs providing the x-rays and necropsies on these animals. Each of the 29 animals will take approximately $500 worth of veterinary services. Not to mention the ballistics tests, which will come next. We MUST find who did this. PasadoRescue is a small organization - we're not like the "big gun" national groups who each made $17 million in donations on this disaster, yet we are the ONLY group investigating this crime. If you can help us pay for these fees, please donate securely here and note "for dog shooting investigation" when you donate.

Amstaffer

I recall seeing a story where this "dog" hunters were claiming there were packs of Pitbulls attacking rescue people. Yet every video we see of dogs that are pitbulls is scared and skinny dogs wagging their tales looking for help.

I saw one video where some guy from NYC was catching stray dogs. He had a female pitbull under his arm while doing an interview and he had a tough time keeping the viscous pit from..... licking his face while he talked.

Members online

No members online now.