Dekka's movie #2 shoot (Road Kill)

Dekka

Just try me..
Sorry for the bad quality pics. It was too crowded to have my good camera out.

Lenses in box, check, filters in box, check, dog in box, check.

First shot of the day for the little dog.. dirty and sad hiding behind a toilet. The bathroom was so small the camera man and assitant are standing in the bathtub. I wanted to get a pic of that but couldn't get far enough away to get them.

Then off to the vets.

The director discussing how this will be shot.

Diva moment

Real vet showing the actor how to do an exam

Oh oh is that vet coming back again?

Dog on the red.

Dekka and Julian Richling

Dekka and David Huband

Thats all for now. Not so many pics as in the down time I was studying like crazy. I was shooting till nearly 11pm and had an exam this morning at 9. I will get better pics next weekend.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Crunch time! SOunds like your beyond busy. good luck with your studies. Dekka looks just grand. I hope one day to see her in the film. Must be so exciting!

Dekka

Just try me..
Thanks everyone, I slept most of the afternoon away... sooo tired.

Dekka was never a 'regular dog' Allie (just ask her! rofl)

Otto from where?

And yes this is a new film. This one is called Road Kill the last one was called Off Season.

Dekka

Just try me..
Ahhh I knew he had been in loads of stuff. I just never saw that film.

Actually I have been asked to get his autograph. I have never asked for anyone's autograph before.. and was wondering how you ask someone.. We were talking for a bit and then I told him I was embarrassed but could I get his autograph. LOL he was very gracious and even offered to bring a pic to sign for next weekend.

Doberluv

This is totally cool! How do we get to watch her movie? What does she do in the movie? Are you going to get rich? I just think this is so neat! Loved the pictures!

Dekka

Just try me..
This movie like the last one is a short. It will likely make the round to some film fests. I still haven't seen the last one yet myslef.

In this movie she has to be a dog with failing medical condition. She has to look pathetic (which she is realllly good at) not do things (like not drink when offered.. and then drink when offered, and refuse food, refuse to play) She has to lie still a lot... Other wranglers they talked to said oh you don't want a JRT for that role. (but the dog is based on a dog who belonged to a friend of the director, who was a JRT)

No I don't get rich. I would be a decent living if I did it regularly enough. But then it likely wouldn't be as much fun.

It is really cool. To me the its the challenge. No where else is there so much pressure to have a dog do what its trained to do. At dog shows you are paying for someone to judge you. If your dog ignores you or you have a bad run at least you are around dog people, and the show still got its money.

With movies usually the director is not an animal person (or has the wrong species to what you are shooting) so there can be a lack of understanding of why you can't do something. Also you are being paid decent amounts of money for your animal to perform.. a whole new level of stress. But I love it!

Members online

No members online now.