16 Year Old You- Share!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
1. What was your favorite band at 16? I think it was Third Eye Blind, lol!

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Nope

3. What was the most important thing you owned? This:

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Doing stuff with Ilsa

5. Did you care more about appearance? Nope

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? If I could come right back, yes.

darkchild16

We are Home.
1. What was your favorite band at 16? Slipknot/Stained/etc. went to OzzFest that year. In fact Im listening to Staind right now still LMAO.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? yes, i think i even "dated" a chazzer that year.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? just got Walker that Oct. my horse, hockey gear

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? hockey, stuff with Walker, I joined here that year :yikes:

5. Did you care more about appearance? no not at all. I was goth i geuss you could say but I didnt care.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance?
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Just read the threads here and you will find out why LOL. Im sure Renee and everyone back then remembers :yikes:

Me and Grandpa right at my 16th birthday

after Ozzfest at some point obviously LOL

RD

Are you dead yet?
Renee, I have a feeling you remember me and Breeze better than we remember ourselves at that age, lol!

Every now and then I come across a really old post and just... cringe...

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
1. What was your favorite band at 16?
Hands down, Backstreet Boys. No denying it.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
I did have a boyfriend. Ian. We dated for about 6 months, just kissed, and he broke up with me because he wanted to do more and I wouldn't do anything more than kiss. He is still a friend, Matt were best friends in high school, and he was at our wedding.

3. What was the most important thing you owned?
Probably my Discman. I had a blue/silver/orange one that I played music from constantly. Mostly Backstreet Boys cd's ;)

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun?
Hmm... that's tricky. I had a lot of friends and we'd walk around a lot, just walking to our various houses. I can't think of anything more fun, which seems terrible... there's got to be something I'm not thinking of.

5. Did you care more about appearance?
No, not really. I'm much like I am now, not big on make-up, didn't care how my hair looked, but not a tom-boy at all. I did to look "girly" but not made up and dressed in a girly/made up way.

HAHAHAHA no. 18, 19, maybe. 15-16? No way.

This is actually at 17, I couldn't find a picture of me at 16 without hours of searching, and I found this one first.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Being sixteen was only five years ago for me, but dang, does it seem like a lifetime!

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Hmmm...probably Linkin Park. I didn't really have a "favorite" band. Just good music. The style of music I listen to hasn't changed, just the bands I know.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Nope. I went to Junior/Senior prom with the same guy for two years, but we never really dated.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Blackie, Rose, and Rush. I think I got Chloe that year, too.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Read. LOL (See, not much has changed!)

5. Did you care more about appearance? Compared to younger me, yes. Before the age of 14 or whatever I didn't give a flying flip how I looked. Which is actually slightly embarrassing now, because I didn't take care of myself. But in highschool I finally started to become more self conscious and to actually care. Compared to me now, no. My concern about my "looks" hasn't really changed, but I'm much more conscious now about my posture and bearing.

Yes, I think so. I'd do more with Blackie while I had the chance, treasure Rush while he was still around, and tell myself to be more outgoing and to DO THINGS instead of being such a hermit.

I was sixteen when I got Chloe, going into my senior year of highschool:

And I'm really not sure when this was taken...at most I'd be seventeen. I think.:

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!

My lil sis & me! :) I literally look the same, except my hurr's longer.

at a Pet Talk meet-up! omg... I look creepy... it was very windy. Poor Gonzo was shaved at this point. My Stepmom required it during the summer.

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Mew. Still is!

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes... a few. None of them were serious at all! I didn't let guys get close to me, and I'd push them away within a few weeks.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Gonzo... he was a baby! I was actually MOST active in dog stuff at 16. I was very spoiled, didn't work, and had plenty of free time because I went to independent studies. I went to tons of forum meet-ups (not Chaz) and was doing like 4 dog sports at once! My other "baby" was my Camaro.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Mob around with my friends, dog sports, get into trouble, go to concerts, try to get some one to buy us alcohol, etc!

5. Did you care more about appearance? I think I've always been the same with this... I'm pretty self conscious. Maybe moreso now.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? No! It was fun being carefree and living life simply, but I enjoy being the adult I am today because of everything I went through when I was younger. I had lots of family issues that I wouldn't want to go through again, and things are a lot better for me now, as an independent, responsible woman. Plus I'd probably be really bored with the things that used to entertain me at that age.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I *think* this was 16, at the latest it was 17. I've always loved green :p

Er...books? :lol-sign: I listened to music then about as much as I do now, which means in the car. I've always been a reader.

Hellz no.

The first part of that year? My tennis racquet.
The second part of that year? Two terrible corgis :p

Tennis. Read. Tennis. More tennis.

Nope.

My life was so easy back then, lol. I'd like to have both places available to me at all times :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Brace yourselves lol

Nsync lol Justin Timberlake will always hold a special place in my heart

Yes Indeedy. Who I took pictures with. Like this. FREQUENTLY.
Oy if I could just slap myself

My cellphone. My phone bill was a BEAST. I texted **** near constantly.
"No I love you more." "No I love you more"
gag.

Movies. Shopping.
Screaming LOUDLY when I saw my friends.
Hugging
giggling.
making out in the backseat of cars.

Oh god yes :rofl1: I spent hours "grooming" and NEVER EVER went out if my nails weren't done. It was beyond ridiculous.

HELL NO
NEVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

There isn't enough money on THIS EARTH to make me go through high school again.
I was such a twit.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I don't think there are any pictures of me on the internet. i can't find any, anyway.
I thought it would be fun for everyone to post up a picture of themselves at 16 and answer a few questions :D

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Publicly-whatever everyone else was listening to. privately- John Denver and Barry Manilow (Yes, i know, I'm old. And yes, I know, I had terrible taste in music. I mean, when I was a tween, i used to like captain and Tennile.)

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes. Lots.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? I don't think i owned anything important

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? I don't think I knew how to have fun. I was too busy misbehaving and making myself acutely miserable

5. Did you care more about appearance? Yes.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? You have to be kidding me. It's painful to think about. I was such a mess that I'm lucky to be alive with no serious damage. Among other things, I'm lucky my teen years predated some diseases.

Here's 16 year old me, at a Speech competition. A friend of mine was standing next to me and has been cropped out - I doubt he would appreciate me posting his 16 year old self all over the Internets. :lol-sign:

I didn't really have one - I just listened to a variety of stuff on the radio or my iPod.

Nope.

Thing? My cell phone. I didn't have my "own" car yet.

Hanging out with friends, volunteering. I was really active in Speech at that point as well.

Not really. I looked presentable, but I definitely wasn't into makeup or clothes or whatever.

Only if I could switch back and forth between sixteen and now at will. There are things that I LOVED at that age (I had the best group of friends, I was at my best health-wise) and other things that I HATED (high school was boring, I didn't have a car so I had little freedom, I didn't have a job, etc).

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Me with Tom Green at the food court downtown. This is back when he had a show on public access in town, and while he was a HUGE celebrity in the city, he was unknown elsewhere. This was like six months before he signed his contract to go to LA.

15-or-16 year old me and my favorite b*tch mare Pepper at a small-scale rodeo. First place in barrel racing, baby.

Seconding Nilly: Hands down, Backstreet Boys. No denying it.

Same one I have now. Not sure if that's awesome, impressive, or sad. :D

My Nintendo 64 and Playstation! The gaming geekiness started early.

Wander the neighbourhood and park with my buddies, riding our bikes and climbing trees. Yes, even at 16! Did it all through my teen years. I started getting a lot of freedom at 16 too, so friends and I would go see local shows and the like that allowed minors. Also having friends over to listen to music and play video games.

Nope. I started my tomboy phase around 15 or 16. Before that I was pretty girly, but I stopped caring.

Nah. I like my 20's, and my 30's will be even better. I adore being an adult.

Members online

No members online now.