What is it about your breed that you love but others might dislike

Wiggle Butt

Love my Labs
I love Labs because they are fantastic with strangers and gentle with other animals (except Nova who doesn't realize that other animals shouldn't be pounced on ... lol) as well as eager to please.

These seem to be the most common reasons why other people don't want a Lab of their own. Also because of too much shedding and being "too popular". I don't understand the too popular thing. I'd always wanted a more rare breed, but Labs are perfect for me, why should I pass them up because they are not rare?

Lovebug

I love my poms spunky personality. Some people think that they are yappers which is a little bit true but i actually enjoy a little mild barking. I think its funny the way they make a big fuss sometimes. They make alot of other noises too, stuff i've never heard out of a dog EVER. Little squeaking and chirping and worrbling nosies. Its so weird! i wish i could post a sound clip of it so everyone could hear what i mean!

They're deffinately not the right breed for someone that enjoys peace and quiet, but i hate it when its quiet and theres nothing going on so they're perfect for me!!

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
Shelties- I love their intense devotion and their intelligence. Some might find that herding drive a bit too strong though, and they do have a VERY high pitched bark which tends to get very annoying after awhile :p

L

LabBreeder

I love that our Labs are affectionate, loving and playful. Most of the kids around here like that, but alot of the adults don't like dogs that want to be petted and stuff. It's like they want a dog around that is quiet and doesn't play or show affection. When I have Tira and Gunner sitting, these people will come over and pet them. If I am letting Tira and Gunner go to the end of their leashes because we're going upstairs to get home, they want to leave them alone.
I don't understand some people.
*I really don't like the drunk guy downstairs either now. He had the nerve to say my dogs needed more training when he had his dog taken away due to cruelty (not feeding, making him mean, dragging him down steps and growling and biting people)....and he tends to hold onto Gunner's collar when he is petting him. It's like he wants to take him away (which he's mentioned before) and doesn't want ME to have control of MY dog. The guys a nut!!!*

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
ACDS... I think they are great but others find their stand offishness a turn off and their high energy, herding nature is mistaken for agression and they are agressive to people entering their herding domain
Shih-Tzus I find nothing bad but others may not care for the grooming or slow house breaking

Members online

No members online now.