Dog Bell

rishabh99

I was wondering if putting a bell inside would be a good idea so that he can let me know when he has to go. If yes then how do i train him ?

R

RedyreRottweilers

It works. Pretty quickly.

Hang the bell up near the door. Not ON the door, but near it, at a height that the pup can easily reach with his head or paw.

Each time you get ready to take him out, say "You want to go outside?", and as you do, help him to touch the bell. Food reward, and go out.

He will learn very quickly.

R

RedyreRottweilers

No, You need a group of bells on a cord to hang on the door facing beside the door.

rishabh99

I went and got my dog a desk bell ( there is a link in the posts above) and i was wondering if any1 had any ideas how to train him. He is a little scared of it. I just make him sit near the bell and make him use his hand to ring it before i take him out.

R

RedyreRottweilers

Get RID of the desk bell. It is not appropriate for use to teach a dog to ring it to go out.

You need several bells on a CORD to hang up by the door.

scout1

using a bell to teach them to let you know when they need to go out works really well ...... one downfall to it though is that owners who have taught their dogs this system find that their dogs will ring those bells anytime they want outside ..... not just when they need to go potty. if that won't be an issue for you then go for it because many people have had great success with that method :D

Sheba

I W A L R
Bells is a very good idea! Unfortunatly, I never heard about it until I found this place a looooong time ago but by then Wendy was already potty trained! Ah well, bells is still a good idea unless your puppy can fit it totally in his/her mouth!

Madaline

Bells

I have been teaching my little dog to use the bells, she has just turned four months, she caught on really quick, practically everytime she seems to ring them I take her out and she poops, but the only thing is she does tend to ring them for attention too, if I leave her in the room she will ring them for me to come back so I end up having to take them off the door if I know she has just come in and done all her business. Does anyone have that problem?

Members online

No members online now.