Ipo?

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I don't think the pause should have been added. I don't like it. I will do it as an out of motion and take the point deduction.

I just disagree with some of the rule changes. It was made easier IMHO.

LoLa goes for her BH in June at DVG KG regionals and we plan on doing it as the rules were cause we don't need the extra help!
There was no point deduction for our dogs. The pause is optional but not required... I believe?

There was no point deduction for our dogs. The pause is optional but not required... I believe?
Nope. Discussed with several judges. The pause is CALLED FOR, and if not done could result in a point loss.

HOWEVER, I think most judges here (and the few I was talking about this with) would not deduct for that.

Red Chrome

I read it as Maliraptor. A judge said they would deduct points when my club and I were chatting with him recently.

I think some judges will be sticklers and others wont. I will train it out of motion since the other IPO titles are still out of motion.

If I fail a BH because i didn't pause for the motion exercises (which makes no sense) then i probably really deserve to fail because everything else went to ****. I won't be pausing

bitme

The controversy over rule changes is higher than the rule changes themselves! Just train and title, don't worry about the politics (my motto) :)

Just a follow up as this whole BH thing is way more confusing that it must be. I've been told numerous things by numerous judges all contradictory of course :) but when I got home this evening and opened by Sch USA mag there was an article from Nathaniel Roque, Director of Judges.

His answer to the following question "Is it mandatory to stop or pause for the motion exercises (sit and down/recall) in the BH?" to which he responded:

"This is one of those things that is being doen differently in many organizations. At this time USCA judges are instructed to allow a slight pause or no pause in the motion of the handler at the command to "sit" or "down" and as long as the dog poperly responds to the command, it is correct. There are currently organizations that are requiring a stop, a pause or either."

Funny thing is, just a few short weeks ago, a UScA judge was pointing out every BH handler that didn't pause and told them they must take a pause :) So as we can see, communication is working perfectly from the top down :p

Members online

No members online now.