Does your vet do confirmation calls?

mrose_s

BusterLove
Our vets never have, maybe they should have. mum used to fogret nearly every one of Sohie's appointments lol. And sometimes she wouldn't tell other family members when she'd booked her in so we couldn't remind her either.

elegy

overdogged
i've worked for three vet clinics and all of them have only called to confirm surgeries.

we actually don't have too many "i forgot" no-shows.

My vets all do. call and confim everything. heck they even called my house, and when I wasnt home my work to let me know Blazes heart worm meds were in. lucky my work is part of the vets and is connected lol

T

tessa_s212

I work for a vet. We do NOT call to confirm. I'm not sure where or when we'd find the time. IMO, that is your responsibility to remember.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
ETA: I should also add that they do have a list of people they call to remind them to come in. Knowing it's so far out, I actually asked them to call me and to put me on that list of people who do get called and they refused to do that... that doesn't give me the best feeling of how they are in general. To me it says "if you need extra help on something, we don't really give." And I'm not really sure that's the person I want being my regular go-to vet.
If you dont feel they are the vet for you, I wouldnt give it another thought.

Honestly, I have left vets, groomers, hairstylists, etc for much much less... things other people dont agree with or laugh at, or think I am generally just a little nuts... but sometimes you just get that "feeling" and the best thing you can do is follow it!

Good Luck finding a vet you like... I am currently on that mission too.

Dekka

Just try me..
I work for a vet. We do NOT call to confirm. I'm not sure where or when we'd find the time. IMO, that is your responsibility to remember.
Obviously some vets offices do have the time, mine also call for follow ups (as in how is Solo feeling today). I love my vets not only cause they are great people (all the people in the office are fantastic), reasonably priced, they also really really care about their clients. They go that extra mile, and I really appreciate it.

Yes it might be my responsibility to remember, but I love it when they call to remind me of an upcoming booked appt.

Lolas Dad

Our vet does. In addition to the confirmation call they have a system that generates an email to remind you of when to give the dewormer meds. Thay also have a website that you can log into to see your animal's medical records along with ordering heartworm meds and flea control.

xpaeanx

Obviously some vets offices do have the time, mine also call for follow ups (as in how is Solo feeling today). I love my vets not only cause they are great people (all the people in the office are fantastic), reasonably priced, they also really really care about their clients. They go that extra mile, and I really appreciate it.

Yes it might be my responsibility to remember, but I love it when they call to remind me of an upcoming booked appt.
This is pretty much how I feel. And when I asked if they could add me to the surgery call list bc I know I will somehow forget, they said no.

Also IMO when I'm paying for their services, I feel that should include a reminder.... ESPECIALLY if I explicity request one.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Our vet calls to confirm...sometimes multiple times.

They are a large hospital...I do not think they are large enough to have an emergency vet though...

They are also a boarding facility, so perhaps that is why they call to confirm.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My vet calls to confirm. They also mail us letters when the pets are do for something (shots, check-ups, etc..) Heck, I even got a letter when Rosey turned 8 or 9 saying that she is now considered a senior, and what new tests they suggest to make sure she is healthy -- and stays that way. They also call to ask how the pet is doing after a few days, either if the pet went in for an illness or if they got vaccines. They want to make sure that you're dog is fine. After an animal goes through surgery or if there was a major problem with the pet, they call in a couple days to go over everything they told you and make sure you remember to be giving any meds. They know how many meds they gave you, and if the pet needs a refill, they call to remind you to get it refilled. Honestly, they call about every little detail, which I love. They go that extra mile to make sure that they're clients are happy and healthy or getting healthy, and that means a lot to me. It just really shows that they care.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My vet calls to confirm the day before.

we also get those things in the mail "Kenya is due for her Rabies shot" kind of thing

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My vet doesn't call.

We get reminder cards mailed to us though and I noticed that when my cat, Jinx, turned 7 years old, the cards had added to them "all pets over the age of 7 get tested for glaucoma and an EKG blah blah."

I don't mind that they don't call though. Vet appointments seem to be the one thing that I'm very aware of. For things that I don't think I'll remember though, not only do I write it on a calendar but I also put an alarm for it in my phone and add a sticky note on my computer. The clinic I go to though doesn't have many employees (I think at any given time, there's just the 1 vet and 2, MAYBE 3, techs there) so I'd imagine they're too busy doing other things to give everyone a call.

My vet, like my doctor and dentist, makes reminder calls. In my case, the calls really aren't necessary, as I have several calendars on my fridge. I do, however, appreciate the the calls - especially if they're going to charge for a missed appointment.

I am a bit surprised that there isn't a service for vets, doctors, dentists, auto shops, etc. to use that would all allow them to upload a file of names, phone numbers, and appointment times, and then have a computerized system automatically call and read a reminder message. My library does something like that when a book I've reserved is ready to be picked up, and UPS does something like that the day before they're going to deliver a C.O.D. shipment.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Yes. They also follow up and ask how my dogs are doing and send the little "due for shots" cards. I absolutely love my vet.

Members online

No members online now.