Lucky is having kittens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky adores catnip, and I have a little hanging mouse thing, that she adores!! Its a cat teaser. She loves it. She will start panting after a while, it wears her out that much. lol And Hunter does too.

Maxy24

Lucky adores catnip, and I have a little hanging mouse thing, that she adores!! Its a cat teaser. She loves it. She will start panting after a while, it wears her out that much. lol And Hunter does too
That's perfect a great way to exercise! I have never gotten my cats to pant. No matter ow much they play they won't pant, I just want to see what a cat looks like when it pants :p sounds cute! One of my cats gets possessive of his cat nip he sits on what ever I put it on and goes down and takes a big deep inhale and then just sits there until he needs his next "fix" :D

I just wanted to add that Friday, my first cat, was de-clawed and was an outside cat. He could get over a fence faster than one could blink, climb any tree and chase the neighborhood doberman out of his yard (he did this many times).

So, some cats may be defenseless and not able to climb a tree, but not all. :)
I just personally would never take the chance with one of my cats if any were declawed. I love my cats too much to do that. It's irresponsible. Sure your cat might have been fine, but you were very lucky. And your cat sounds like a bully so I doubt he was scared of much to where he HAD to climb a tree in order to survive.

My cats dont go outside unless they sneak out, because I know of wayyyy too many cats who have been killed by dogs (cats WITH & without claws) when they came into a dog's territory.

Maybe you live in a nice place where there are no cat aggressive dogs but sorry to say some of our neighbors let their dogs run loose (or they get loose) and any of them would kill a cat.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Yup, he was a bully. Stood his ground. More like a dog. I loved him enough to let him do what made him happy and that was be outside. This was also when I was about 10 years and didn't have a whole lot of say in the matter. Regardless, Apache loves being outside and I will never take that away from her. Life can be dangerous but we still live it. :)

Serena

Yup, he was a bully. Stood his ground. More like a dog. I loved him enough to let him do what made him happy and that was be outside. This was also when I was about 10 years and didn't have a whole lot of say in the matter. Regardless, Apache loves being outside and I will never take that away from her. Life can be dangerous but we still live it. :)

The comment I highlighted really bothered me.

Loving your pet has nothing to do with letting them do whatever they want to make them happy..it means making mature and informed decisions about their overall health and well being and hopefully these choices provide some enjoyment and/or entertainment for the animal..but you never ever sacrifice or jeopardize their health.

I am sure that myself and others here could list a thousand and one things that our pets would love to do but we don't allow them because these things are harmful or dangerous to them..

Does that mean we don't "love" our pets? No its about maintaining responsibililty for our animals.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
but you never ever sacrifice or jeopardize their health.
Of course not. If Friday could not have held his own he would not have been an outside cat.

I love my current cat enough to let her be a cat, which means she's out on the prowl, chasing butterfly's and being a guard cat for the front door. lol. I don't care what anyone has to say about it, I do what I want and that is to let my animals enjoy their lives, while, of course, ensuring their safety and health. So, others may not let their cats be outside cats, fine, don't do it. I, however, will do what is right and best for MY crew. No one else has any bearing on that decision whatsoever.

Too often we fall prey to the oh no! this could happen.. and then this could happen.... oh and then this and that and this and that. I refuse to fall prey to that.

Everyday on my commute to school, there are at least two accidents, EVERY DAY. I still drive to school. When we take the dogs to the pond, they could very well injure themselves, get caught in some underbrush. We still take them to the pond.

Besides, there isn't enough bubble wrap in the world to protect our animals from all of the dangers of the world.

What could be can not scare me, nor my animals from LIFE.

Serena

Of course not. If Friday could not have held his own he would not have been an outside cat.
Don't be so quick to be so cocky about something like that. Friday was lucky he was hurt or killed bottom line.

I love my current cat enough to let her be a cat, which means she's out on the prowl, chasing butterfly's and being a guard cat for the front door. lol.
There are ways to allow to your cats to chase, pounce, ect without putting them at risk.

I don't care what anyone has to say about it, I do what I want and that is to let my animals enjoy their lives, while, of course, ensuring their safety and health. So, others may not let their cats be outside cats, fine, don't do it. I, however, will do what is right and best for MY crew. No one else has any bearing on that decision whatsoever.
And that really is a shame and I am truly sorry for your animals. You have a lot to learn about responsibility in the pet world. I hope you are able to find out what that means before your animals seriously suffer the consequences of your decisions.

Too often we fall prey to the oh no! this could happen.. and then this could happen.... oh and then this and that and this and that. I refuse to fall prey to that.

Everyday on my commute to school, there are at least two accidents, EVERY DAY. I still drive to school. When we take the dogs to the pond, they could very well injure themselves, get caught in some underbrush. We still tkae them to the pond.

What could be can not scare me, nor my animals from LIFE.
Yes there are risks everyday in life but you don't make stupid choices on behalf of something you are responsible for. Letting a cat roam freely unsupervised is a stupid choice. If you really feel your cat needs to be outdoors then do the responsible thing and get her a leash and walk her..cats can be trained to walk on a leash quite succesfully.

And comparing taking a dog to a pond and the possibility of it getting injured to letting a cat roam outdoors freely..apples and oranges..in one case the animal is supervised in the other it is not..btw I would call anyone who let their dog roam freely or go the pond unsupervised a dumbass.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
nvr mind..

Serena maybe you should hold off calling people irresponsible that you dont know....:rolleyes:

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Serena, don't apologize for the great life that my animals have. They're lovin' it! :D

And I can guarantee they get better care than most, besides... apples, oranges.. it's all fruit. And before you start making generalizations and ASSuming things about people you don't know.. maybe you should take a long look at the face you see every morning.

Cat's are diametrially different from dogs. I've had cats who were more than content to live their lives indoors and on leash, and I've had cats for whom a life like that would have been a living death.

The Cat Who Walks By Himself
Rudyard Kipling

Originally all the tame animals were wild, but especially the Cat: he walked by himself and all places were alike to him. The Man was wild too until he met the Woman, who chose a Cave for them to live in, lit a fire in it and hung a horsehide over the opening. She cooked a meal of wild ingredients.

Then, while the Man slept, she took the bladebone of a shoulder of mutton and made a Singing Magic. This attracted the Dog, and on the next two nights she similarly lured the Horse and the Cow to visit the cave. They agreed to provide services to the couple, the Dog in exchange for roast meat and the other two for hay that she had dried by the fire. Each time the Cat followed and eavesdropped, called them fools, and went off to tell no one.

On the fourth night the Cat went to the cave and smelt the warm milk from the Cow. The Woman laughed at him and told him to go back to the woods. The Cat flattered her and asked if he might never come in the Cave, sit by the fire or taste the milk. She answered that if she praised him once, twice and three times, his three wishes would be granted, but swore she never would. The Cat left, but the Bat reported to him what was happening.

When he heard the Woman had a Baby, the Cat knew his time had come. He went and found that the Baby crying outside the Cave. He rubbed himself against it till it laughed. The Bat told the Woman, who blessed whatever creature was responsible, whereupon the horsehide fell down and the Cat was admitted to the Cave. The Woman was annoyed. She began to spin, but the Baby cried again, and the Cat told her to tie her spinning-whorl to a thread to pull about the floor for him to chase. This made the Baby laugh, then it clutched the Cat, who purred it to sleep. The Woman thanked him, then the fire smoked and the Cat was found warming himself. She was furious, and made a Still Magic to prevent herself from granting the third wish. In the quiet, a mouse came out and she screamed. When the Cat killed the mouse, she thanked him, and the Milk-pot cracked open, allowing him to drink.

But he had made no bargain with the Man or the Dog. The man said the Cat must always catch mice or have boots and other objects thrown at him. The Cat agreed, but defiantly, so was told that three things would still be thrown. The Dog threatened to bite the Cat if he were ever unkind to the Baby, and receiving a defiant consent, promised always to chase him up a tree. Man and Dog carried out their threats; most men and all dogs will do the same, though the Cat keeps his bargain. But on moonlit nights he roams the woods or the roofs, walking by his wild lone.

Serena

nvr mind..

Serena maybe you should hold off calling people irresponsible that you dont know....:rolleyes:
Letting your cat roam freely outdoors without supervision is a stupid and irresponsible choice. One doesn't need to know someone to realize that its common sense.

If you want to defend irresponsibility in the pet world to some

Serena, don't apologize for the great life that my animals have. They're lovin' it!
I would never apologize for the "great life" your animals lead though I will continue to feel sorry for them that you are incapable of even grasping the concept of exactly why letting them roam freely outdoors is a poor choice despite how much they may enjoy it.

And I can guarantee they get better care than most, besides... apples, oranges.. it's all fruit. And before you start making generalizations and ASSuming things about people you don't know.. maybe you should take a long look at the face you see every morning.
I would highly doubt they get better care than most..part of caring for an animal means they actually have to be under your supervision and not roaming freely wherever they so desire.

You may not like being told your decisions in regards to your cat are in very poor taste but they are. That is not a generalization or assumption. It is a fact. Perhaps you are the one that needs to take a good long at the face staring back at you and ask yourself why exactly it is that you are able to take your responsibilities to your pets so lightly.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
You have NO idea how I take my responsibilities of being a pet owner. So I suggest you back off. That is NOT an option.

There's never going to be agreement on this issue. I do know how much care and love and effort Nikki and Mit lavish on the creatures under their care. Any animal would be lucky to find themselves loved by this couple.

As far as indoor/outdoor cats go . . . well, a cat is a cat. As I said before, some are completely happy living indoors; for others that is a living death, which is the ultimate unkindness and selfishness. Gonzo, my beloved blue cat, died of FIV. He was an indoor cat . . . we never knew where he contracted the disease, and it was pre-vaccine. You can't protect from everything. Some things are in the hands of Fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online