The Good News thread

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Amber, she's gorgeous! If I weren't so overly emotional and could handle feeding a snake, I would definitely have at least one.
Mountain Dew goes well with anything.
TRUE FACT.

My good news is that I took a good look at Fable this morning and felt her, and I think she might have gained a bit of weight! I'm so psyched! Getting her to gain weight has been an uphill battle even before she got sick, so just.. yay!

Saeleofu

The job I applied for opened on Monday. I applied yesterday, and my boss said she'd call the boss in that department and let him know I applied. I got a phone call today and I HAVE AN INTERVIEW ON MONDAY!

I think I just might cry if I get this job. It's my dream job as far as animal departments go. Yeah, it would mean I'd be here for a couple years but that's something I WOULD sacrifice for this particular position.

Taqroy

Rumor's bloodwork came back negative for any thyroid and for everything else they tested. My manager and I looked in Google some more and came across a picture of schnauzer bumps that kinda looks like what Rumor has. We switched up her shampoo to one the website suggested and well go from there.

Soooo.. Saturday I'm going to be officially adopting her. :D
Way to bury the lead! Congratulations!!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
The job I applied for opened on Monday. I applied yesterday, and my boss said she'd call the boss in that department and let him know I applied. I got a phone call today and I HAVE AN INTERVIEW ON MONDAY!

I think I just might cry if I get this job. It's my dream job as far as animal departments go. Yeah, it would mean I'd be here for a couple years but that's something I WOULD sacrifice for this particular position.
Hell yeah!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Rumor's bloodwork came back negative for any thyroid and for everything else they tested. My manager and I looked in Google some more and came across a picture of schnauzer bumps that kinda looks like what Rumor has. We switched up her shampoo to one the website suggested and well go from there.

Soooo.. Saturday I'm going to be officially adopting her. :D
Another hell yeah!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Thanks guys! I took her in to foster with no intention of keeping her. After losing Tsuki last April I ideally wanted to downsize to three at some point. But she just filled that hole left by Tsuki. Ever since her being in heat she and Lincoln are the best of friends. Though he plays with some of the others, he is loving her and they run around and play with each other. He's even become cuddlier himself as for the majority that's what she's doing with me when she's not off with him.

Now I just need to officially decide on a name for her. She was Martie for awhile but just not feeling it. I really like Rumor, but meh, we're back to the drawing board for names.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Talons class went really well last night. I love both trainers, they used barriers to help the reactive dogs calm down. Talon only needed a barrier for the dog right next to us which is good. The trainers said each dog will have barriers as they get comfortable. Even though Talon knows all the behaviors that will be taught in the class the trainers have us an lesson plan with higher distractions which i thought was very nice of them. Best of all, no one said anything about his weight :) look forward to taking more advanced classes here.

Amber, she's gorgeous! If I weren't so overly emotional and could handle feeding a snake, I would definitely have at least one.

TRUE FACT.

My good news is that I took a good look at Fable this morning and felt her, and I think she might have gained a bit of weight! I'm so psyched! Getting her to gain weight has been an uphill battle even before she got sick, so just.. yay!
Yay! That's really awesome!

DJEtzel

Talons class went really well last night. I love both trainers, they used barriers to help the reactive dogs calm down. Talon only needed a barrier for the dog right next to us which is good. The trainers said each dog will have barriers as they get comfortable. Even though Talon knows all the behaviors that will be taught in the class the trainers have us an lesson plan with higher distractions which i thought was very nice of them. Best of all, no one said anything about his weight :) look forward to taking more advanced classes here.
That's great! I'm glad no weight comments. I know that probably relieved you so much.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I was going to type a long thing but really it can be condensed... I am totally crazy about my boyfriend, and am looking forward to building a home and "family" (no kids, just us & the pets) with him. :)

Paviche

Duuuuude.
That's really the best feeling. :cheers:
It is the best! Thinking about building a life together gave me the same butterflies I associate with a new relationship. That excitement and anticipation and happiness... it's just... great. It's the first time I've experienced this and I love it.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm having minor (but of course to me the world is ending, because that's how I roll) life issues, but I came up with a plan that is fully supported by my wonderful boyfriend. So now while I am still experiencing anxiety about the situation, I also feel much better knowing that I have a plan. And that is nice.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Michael may be graduating three weeks earlier than expected! :D As in, 6 more weeks!
He is also pretty sure that he will end up being stationed down in Gulf Port along with his current classmate (whom he's been with since RTC - they're good friends). Which means that come March....I may be moving to Gulf Port, if a.) Mike is able to live off base during his ECS and b.) won't be joining a battalion that is/will be immediately deployed.

This is good news, but HOLY CRAP. Things are starting to happen! Please tell my anxiety that in this case, change is a good thing, not something to freak out about!

Members online

No members online now.