removing yeast allergy from feet ketoconazole and chlorhexidine

exotica

what is better out of these 2? Idk why my vet always tells me to use nizoral 2% I have been researching everyone uses chlor! And other shampoos with other chemicals.

Niz always gets slow slow results in a healthy dog with high immune system.

Anyone here know much about these 2? Removing yeast and bacteria? I went online and bought every shampoo pretty much and then bought all of vibrac supply from allergy just to have on hand.

I only have the cortivance spray, did not know they had so many products, Canada is VERY limited when it comes to products for animal and people. Feels like I am living in a third world country sometimes.

Saeleofu

Where, exactly, is the yeast? Gavroche has yeast on his toenails making them discolored to a reddish-brown. When I asked my vet about it, he said chlorhexidene would help if any secondary infections pop up, but ketoconazole is the only thing that will cure it, and that drug has a lot of nasty side effects I don't want to deal with for what is essentially a cosmetic issue (the red discolored nails are not painful, brittle, or otherwise causing any problems...they're just rust-colored).

Yeast is not fixed through antibiotics or antibacterials, they can actually make it worse by killing the beneficial skin flora and allowing the yeast to propagate.

exotica

course

yeast on feet exactly like your dog but all over have you tried looking under your dogs feet? inbetween the pads? look there.., I Know that anti biotics or even anti inflam pills are not good because in the long run they make the dog weak.

I am talking shampoos here not oral.

Saeleofu

A shampoo is really unlikely to penetrate enough to kill the yeast. That's why the oral ketoconazole is used. With my dog it's JUST the nails...I thoroughly examine both my dogs every single day, so I would notice if it spreads. That's not to say it CAN'T spread, but it hasn't yet.

exotica

it has not totally rid it but it gets it much better ad kills the itch if you use it daily and leave it on for 10 mins, the bad thing is 1. it makes the pads dry 2. it is so slow acting. IT does work just takes so much time. I wonder if there is a stronger chemical. I haven't seen any other drs tell people to use it other than mine. A lot of peoples dogs get better with a certain type of shampoo plus the right food and healthy supplements.

Just dont know what is the best chemical in these shampoos for killing bacteria and yeast. You have to wash it daily. You do it yourself it will go away. Your dogs issues are not that bad it will go away fast. Leave it on 10-15 mins then wash it off with a hose or walk him in a kiddie pool. Mine are not that bad either cause she has the right food and supplements pro/pre boitics and enzymes. Just this lil thing keeps poping up.

Members online

No members online now.