Jake is learning so quickly.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie asked me if I started training Jake. Well since we first got him (6 weeks old) I told him "sit" when he was sitting to associate the action and when he came towards me I told him "come" to also associate the word.

I'm a proud parent to say that he knows sit and come when I say the words. Jake is now 3 months old and growing every day.

He probably knows a lot more than he's letting on, too! They learn a lot from watching the other dogs - and sometimes they're smart enough not to let you know just how much they really do know . . . :eek:

Doberluv

Good for Jake AND you! That's a great way to teach things. It's fun...(when you see them doing something and then make a fuss and attach a word....then viola...they've got it.) LOL. He can learn lots of neat things. You guys are doing super!

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
That's how I taught Ruby - clicker trained her to remember her offered behaviours with a treat, and then finally popped the command in. It was so quick and so easy, and she LOVED it!! Such a great way for them to learn, isn't it? And for you, too, because you feel like you're not forcing any behaviours on them.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Well last night after Jake sat, I put my hand on the floor and said "down". I couldn't believe it, he laid down on the floor. I said good down. I know this may have been just a coincidence, but it made me so happy!

Members online