An update on my itty bitty kitty. Feeling better!

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
So here's another update, I swear by the end of this you will all be sick of hearing about my itty bitty kitty. She's feeling much better, you can tell. She woke up full of kitten **** and vinegar today. :lol: Her eyes look so much better already! You can actually tell what color they are now, and today will only be the second full day of medication. And more good news, I think she can see. This morning she has been playing, it started with a tissue she found on the floor. She was batting it around the room so she had to see it, her depth perception is really off though (which makes her playing even cuter). :D She's wary of new objects, which leads me to believe she doesn't have 100% vision which is expected. Miss Zelda was even feeling brave enough to venture up to Upendi's kennel this morning. :) Oooh, and Miss Zelda got wormer today as she has a little pot belly, she actually took the pill without much fuss.

And here's two pictures to show the difference in her eyes. Please excuse how goopy they look, they were taken shortly after I put her eye ointment in. Also excuse how angry she looks, she wasn't happy that she had to stop playing for pictures. Oooh and these pictures show it really well, her little nose is a different color than the rest of her. It's much lighter, I think it's going to be way pretty when she gets older.

She's been playing like ca-ray-zay. :D She just needs to learn when claws are appropriate now. :lol-sign:

Oh and some very very very exciting news, itty bitty kitty will be staying here. It looks like she didn't have to look far for her furever home! My gramma approved without me even asking, she snuck it in with 'when she's older you should get a harness and leash for her so you can take her out'. :cool:

Thank you for the vibes everyone, they seem to be working.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
The pictures from the first post were taken two days ago and these pictures are from today. :)

Kitty yoga!

Praying to the string gods? :lol:

'I wuv you string'

She had just finished attacking my shoe and seemed quite pleased with herself.

Aand you can really see how good her left eye (right in the pic) is doing, otherwise it's not that great of a picture.

As you can tell she can definitely see. :D

LilahRoot

Oh my gosh, her poor eyes. I bet that they were infected for quite some time for her to have gone blind-ish. It looks like she can see out of the right one. Good for you for taking her in and getting her healthy. Are you keeping her?

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
That's the other exciting news I forgot to share. Zelda WILL be staying here. :) My grandmother approved without me ever even having to ask. She snuck it in there with 'You're going to teach her how to walk on a leash right?' ;) And she just fits in so well.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Thank you guys so much! She fits in so well here, she actually walked right up to the dogs kennels for the first time today and was playing with them through their doors. It was adorable! She'll go back in next week to get rechecked by the vet and we'll go from there. :)

Oh and Baxter, I absolutely love grey cats myself. I think it may be my favorite in cats, just don't tell poor Don Gato. ;)

Now that I know she's staying I've ordered her this adorable collar from etsy too.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
The greatest cat I ever owned was a grey cat, and ever since her I've been extremely partial to them. :)

Zelda's coloring is interesting, her nose and the tips of her toes are quite a bit lighter than the rest of her body and her tail is a tad bit darker. I think it's going to be interesting when she's grown.

I'm sooooo excited for the collar, but I know it will be a while until it gets here because I'm paying by money order (I don't have a credit card or paypal account) and it's in Ireland. So I have to mail the money order there and then wait for her to mail the collar back here. :lol-sign: I think it's going to stand out really well against her coat though, I can't wait to see it on her.

Members online

No members online now.