Smart Phone Death Match!!!

What is your flavor of smart phone?

• Total voters

96 GTS

Custom User Title
After 3 iPhones, I just got a Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8 and I couldn't be happier with the switch. I took a serious look at Android, but I couldn't really find a flavor that I liked as much as WP8, and the Lumia is a really really nice handset.

After 3 iPhones, I just got a Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8 and I couldn't be happier with the switch. I took a serious look at Android, but I couldn't really find a flavor that I liked as much as WP8, and the Lumia is a really really nice handset.
Y U No votes?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I love my iPhone!

And I vote that Ryan's lumina is like a tablet. Thing is massive.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I love my iPhone lol Just got the 5 and I dunno what else to say.. it works flawlessly, is beautiful, fast, I love siri, easy to use..
but more than anything.. it syncs up effortlessly with my ipad and macbook pro.
Lots of apps too! Which is kind of a given but also more and more awesome!

That said.. the only reason I don't have a droid is because of my macbook pro. It's an amazing laptop and the ipad/iphone kind of branch off it with the way they all sync together (my class notes, contacts, class recordings, books etc..).

frankly.. the day that droid or some other independent something that does NOT run on windows (I hate windows. Don't ask. That's never going to change. too many viruses, laptops, customer service woes) comes out with a laptop that can rival my macbook pro.. I'll be there. Ready and waiting lol
Don't get me wrong. I love Apple, I love their customer service, I love every.single.product. I've bought from them. I love the store, I love the way the products look, the way they work.. I love the little things! I love the way the touchpad has little.. I don't even know what they are called, like finger movements that do stuff! lol (very techy terms guys)

As for the phone.. I love the little things too. There are so many tiny features that make me :) such an attention to detail!

But.. apple in their business practices in the land of being sue-happy with samsung and the like (you didn't have enough money apple? REALLY?) have kind of bothered me a bit.

This has gone way off target.. but to sum it all up.. I love my iphone 5. I love siri, I love the phone.. I love everything about it :D it works flawlessly and it is a **** sexy phone.

I love my iPhone lol Just got the 5 and I dunno what else to say.. it works flawlessly, is beautiful, fast, I love siri, easy to use..
but more than anything.. it syncs up effortlessly with my ipad and macbook pro.
Lots of apps too! Which is kind of a given but also more and more awesome!

That said.. the only reason I don't have a droid is because of my macbook pro. It's an amazing laptop and the ipad/iphone kind of branch off it with the way they all sync together (my class notes, contacts, class recordings, books etc..).

frankly.. the day that droid or some other independent something that does NOT run on windows (I hate windows. Don't ask. That's never going to change. too many viruses, laptops, customer service woes) comes out with a laptop that can rival my macbook pro.. I'll be there. Ready and waiting lol
Don't get me wrong. I love Apple, I love their customer service, I love every.single.product. I've bought from them. I love the store, I love the way the products look, the way they work.. I love the little things! I love the way the touchpad has little.. I don't even know what they are called, like finger movements that do stuff! lol (very techy terms guys)

As for the phone.. I love the little things too. There are so many tiny features that make me :) such an attention to detail!

But.. apple in their business practices in the land of being sue-happy with samsung and the like (you didn't have enough money apple? REALLY?) have kind of bothered me a bit.

This has gone way off target.. but to sum it all up.. I love my iphone 5. I love siri, I love the phone.. I love everything about it :D it works flawlessly and it is a **** sexy phone.
I wont do Apple products with Jobs philosophy of steal and sue. I like to break things. Since I have to support the iPhone and Android phones, Ill take the Android.

96 GTS

Custom User Title
LOL, I honestly really like Android, I like the idea of Android, all that, and I'd love to have an android device to play around with, but I don't want an android phone. I'd be too tempted to screw around with it, and at the end of the day, I don't want to do that with my primary form of communication, lol.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh and my boss insists all interns have these so I have one of these as well. What can I say? lol they are solid, easy to type, have BBM (messenger you can use all over, see if the message is read etc..), long battery life, no muss no fuss. (they are great assistant/intern phones because we can't just sit on them and play angry birds lol they are a bit work-y)

and MOST importantly they are cheap to replace so you can throw them at your interns (or have clumsy interns who drop them all the time) ...mostly throw them at them.
without fear of breaking them or having to pay a bundle to replace them

We have a drawer full and they are lovely simple little phones my boss give out. Apps suck.. but otherwise..Winning.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Slide out non smart phone ftw! Just so I don't cry when I break/lose it every 3 months. :p
If my mom didn't pay for my bill every month, I would totally be rocking like...a tracphone :p

My iPhone is pretty much useless as a smart phone as it is, our data plan restarts on the 18th of every month, by the 1st of every month (so less than 2 weeks) my freaking little sister has used the whole amount of data that we are allotted. It's ridiculous. I mainly only use my iPhone as a gps, and I can't do that with no data!

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I've gone iOS, Android, Android, Android, iOS, and now I want a Galaxy Note II since it's finally out on Verizon, so back to Android. Going from Android to iOS made me scream at the phone many times because it does things that make no sense, but iOS to Android is always smooth, lol. I want to try a Windows phone, but I've played with them and I hate them. Adam has one for work and I just don't like it.

Also, I'd vote but I'm on Tapatalk.

crazedACD

If my mom didn't pay for my bill every month, I would totally be rocking like...a tracphone :p
I have a no-contract plan through Virgin Mobile, that is $25 a month for more than I need. They don't offer the plan anymore, but since I have kept it current for the past few years I am allowed to keep the plan. BUT, if you change phone models at all, you have to switch to more expensive plans. I'm just not willing to do that yet! I will stick with my basic phone indefinitely.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm all about Android in terms of any smartphone I've owned. I do run iOS on my iPod Touch.

I have nothing against iOS and it runs very smoothly. At the risk of offending someone out there, IMO, iOS is for folks who either aren't tech-savvy or don't have an itch to customize.

That's not a bad thing. It fills a niche and results in a lot less customer complaints. You can't easily break anything in iOS (or anything Apple) because of the limitations set down on the devices, and therefore the iOS doesn't break as easily.

Android, you can do pretty much anything with. You can "break" it into doing whatever you want. You can root your phone to run things that it couldn't otherwise run. You can download/change your keyboard layout. You can customize your entire launcher screen (where you scroll through your apps) to show any apps you want and do just about anything you want. It's the closest to Linux you can get with a phone, and that's why I love it.

I haven't used Windows mobile OS at all.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Can't vote as I'm on tapatalk as well.

I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. I have no desire to play around and customize my phone to do things it doesn't do already. It's easy to use and does exactly what I want which is to keep me entertained.

Saeleofu

Android! I have a Samsung Replenish and it's still got Gingerbread, so it's kind of outdated by now. There are many apps I can't run on my phone. It's starting to have reverse-discharging issues and randomly turning off and playing dead, so I will probably have to replace it soon.

I don't seem to use much data, despite using it ALL THE TIME. Data's cheap anyway. I also get free minutes/texts based on my grocery, gas, and pharmacy purchases. So I rarely pay for anything on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.