Just my luck...

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
They finally got around to releasing the Fall 2012 schedule for my college. Keep in mind: I only need three more classes to graduate. Plus, I was hoping to get some more Criminal Justice electives. I'm not asking for much, right?

They aren't offering the math class that was recommended to me. I had decided to take Statistics - not my first choice, but not the worse thing on the planet. Then I realized that Statistics and Astronomy (science I want to take) are offered on the same day...... at the same exact time. But hey! At least my Literature class doesn't interfere with anything :rolleyes:

I'm going to talk to my guidance counselor in the next few days, but SERIOUSLY?! I'm so bummed out right now! :(

K

Kaydee

I'm afraid I would gouge the veins out of my wrists with a spork if I had to sit through a statistics class :eek:
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:I would gouge out my eyes too gahhhhhh, I dropped statistics and mananged to get in a beginner programming class instead...which I passed by the skin of my teeth

Even my brother whos great in math and logic went bozo in statistics, ask your advisor for an alternative? I dunno...

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
It is between Statistics and Calculus, LOL. That is literally all they have this semester that I can take :rolleyes: They begin academic advising next week, so I'm going to try and get over there towards the beginning of the week.

My sister, who graduated like 1-2 years ago, took both Statistics and Astronomy. I was hoping to use her books, but noooo they have new ones this year. Stupid expensive books.

zoe08

If its between Stats and Calc, I would take stats in a heartbeat. May be boring, but it's an easy A.

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
Just registered for fall too. All my design classes have waiting lists. So instead i get to take psychology. Oh joy

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
It is between Statistics and Calculus, LOL. That is literally all they have this semester that I can take :rolleyes: They begin academic advising next week, so I'm going to try and get over there towards the beginning of the week.

My sister, who graduated like 1-2 years ago, took both Statistics and Astronomy. I was hoping to use her books, but noooo they have new ones this year. Stupid expensive books.
Buy books online! It's so much cheaper

Red.Apricot

I love calculus. <3

Stats was hard for me; both professors I had did not teach to the test, if that makes sense, so the second stats class I took, I got between 98 and 99% on every assignment and quiz, and then got a C+ in the class because I totally bombed the midterm--it was completely different than the assignments. Boo.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Buy books online! It's so much cheaper
Oh, I always do! I usually rent them too. My college only has a virtual book store and my math book is actually cheaper through there. I'm hoping it'll go down as it gets closer to school actually starting, they usually do.

Sometimes my school is lame though and make you ONLY order from them. They do custom books and you have no choice but to buy from them and spend some serious $$$. That is what happened with my math and science book last year.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I took both Statistics and Calculus. Didn't mind either one of them. I don't remember Stats being really mathematically challenging, but more trying to grasp the concepts and then apply them mathematically (kind of like Econ). Calculus, to me, was more memorizing and plugging and chugging into formulas (like Algebra). I enjoyed them both, although they were both ungodly early in the morning when I really didn't want to be doing math. LOL

I got lucky with my class schedule this semester. I only needed three classes - BioCHM, a 300 level English class, and a 400 level English class. I was able to schedule them all right after one another on the same days! ^^

Past semesters I wasn't so lucky. And I wasn't ever able to get into the applied animal behavior class taught by Purdue's behaviorist due to it conflicting with my freaking organic chemistry. BAH. So stupid.

Members online

No members online now.