little worried

I'm a little worried about Caesar... already. He seems to walk funny sometimes, like... he sort of waddles with his back legs it seems like sometimes. And sometimes he has had trouble getting into my car, or up on the furniture. Doesn't really stop him, just sometimes he needs a boost. And it seems to get worse throughout the day. I mean, yesterday, he hopped right into my car with no trouble at all, but he was in and out of my car all day yesterday and it seemed to get a little harder each time.... or else he was just getting tired and was ready to go home lol. This morning, he was ok to jump up on our bed which is pretty tall and lick Justin awake. He climbs stairs ok.

Think I have reason to be worried? He's going to the vet next week anyway, we'll see what she says. But if he is GSD mix, I know they can get hip dysplasia, although I don't know how or what age that presents.

Anyway.... vibes that I'm just being a big worrywart please :D

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
how old do you think he is? He may have played really hard yesterday, and now is a little "lame" as a result? I hope that's all it is.

How do his teeth look? That's often the closest clue to age you'll get.

When Bimmer was young he'd do that hop thing from time to time, and it wasn't unusual for him to act like maybe he'd put something out of place a little, but as he got older and exercised more -- especially muscling the big grrrls around -- it's gone away. It seems to have had more to do with needing to develop those muscles and tendons (with good nutrition) than anything else. Maybe it's the same for Ceasar :)

His teeth look great. Very white, very little tartar. Maybe the vet will be able to tell better when she sees him.

Yeah, I bet he's just out of shape. I hope switching to a good food will help in addition to exercising. He's been on Eukanuba.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I just looked back at your pics. from yesterday--the one pic of Caesar chasing Maggie--look at his front foot. Is that just the angle of the pic. or is left foot angled that way? He does not look like his feet are "tight"--which could just be good nutrition/exercise issues? (I am no expert--that's for sure!) Maybe look at how he bears weight over his feet and see if you notice anything unusual? (not wanting to add to your worry--just something to ask vet about)

That is weird now that I look back at the pics, Bax. It looks like in every single pic his left foot is either bent under him or something. I'll have to watch him walk a little closer when I get home.

Members online