Brussels Griffons

B

BlackDog

Anyone have a brussels griffon or know someone with one? Or just want to shave anything about them? I saw my first brussels in a pet store. I wasn't looking to buy, don't get all excited. I was just looking. I've done research on them and think they are great! Anyone agree?

mojozen

bullie lover
Sorry. I've only ever seen them in dog shows or in movies. Wasn't that the dog in the Jack Nicholson movie - As Good As It Gets? They are cute little buggers. :)

B

BlackDog

mojozen said:
Sorry. I've only ever seen them in dog shows or in movies. Wasn't that the dog in the Jack Nicholson movie - As Good As It Gets? They are cute little buggers. :)
Yes, they were. The dog in that movie was named Verdel. The gay african american guy on spin city also carries around a smooth haired brussels. I forget the guy's name and the dog's name. There is another move that they are in also with Katie Homes. It's a teenager move and the teacher has a smooth haired brussels. I don't remember the title. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. They pop up more than you would think. They just aren't a eye-stricking breed that you would remember when you see them.

PFC1

I know one, coincidentally enough, also named sprout. Its a cute little guy. He doesn't take to much guff even from bigger dogs. He is a real sweetie. He looks to me like Animal from the Muppet Show.

My aunt and uncle have owned them for years... as far as I can remember they've had three longhairs (Ben, BeeGee and Zoey), and two shorthairs (Rachel and Millie). They just got Zoey after BeeGee died, to keep Millie company. I believe that they bought her from a breeder in England they know through my uncle's parents. There's a picture somewhere around here of my uncle's mother surrounded by like 9 Brussells Griffons all around her. :)

All of them have been such sweet dogs, and Millie is quite the little "watchdog"! Everytime something happens out of the ordinary in the house (like when my little cousin tries to sneak out), Millie is up and alerting everyone.

They are beautiful dogs with so much personality.

:) I have one and she is the sweetest little dog. Her name is Abbie and she is 1 year old now. Always demanding my attention.

Members online

No members online now.