Lots of people have been asking for pics... so here are some older ones

noludoru

Bored Now.
When people say they are against chaining, they are most probably referring to the people that stick their dog on a tether and leave it there indefinitely, perhaps throwing food at it once in a while. I am most certainly against that kind of chaining. But that's a different thread.
It's funny how it was said in this thread, though. When the only evidence that her dog 'lives his life on a chain' is a few pictures.

When I make that sort of off-handed comment in threads, and when most other people do, it's not exactly a non-sequitor. It's a dig. A pointed statement. "I see pictures of a dog on a chain in this thread. I DO NOT LIKE DOGS LIVING ON CHAINS. Your dog has a chain on in several pictures, so he MUST live on a chain. I DO NOT LIKE THAT."

Nolu, there is a BIG difference between a dog being tethered for a couple hours a day, and a dog LIVING on the chain 24/7.
Then perhaps you see the difference between a few pictures of a dog on a chain and that dog living its life on a chain. Just saying.

a BIG difference. And Xpaen..another big difference between a dog being tethered when outside, and a dog who lives outside on a chain. We had to have a dog tethered when outside when I was younger because this dog (Small dog might I add) could climb over our 6 foot fence, and could get out THROUGH the links of a chain link fence.

Nolu, I was not bullying anyone. What is it with this forum where they think they go on being really cruel to certain members for absolutely NO reason..and then someone is stating their opinion..which is ALL I was doing.
Um. Sure. Because coming into a PICTURE THREAD and saying you think the purported actions of a member is "absolutely horrible," and that you are against the way you think this member treats her dogs, and then suggesting that its her fault her "cat" died of an abscess (those are easily treated.. I have NEVER lost a rat with an abscess) isn't being nasty. Suuuuure.

Don't expect me to know every little thing about this member...I haven't been a member here for very long, and I don't know this person...
I must be a noob in comparison, because you've been here a year longer than me. That's what, two and a half years? How long are you usually a member on forums?

If you want to start going around saying I am a bully...maybe you should say the same about yourself when you have a disagreement with someone (Which EVERY veteran member here HAS had).
I said it here, in this thread, to you. I assure you I am not "going around" saying you're a bully. I was calling out your actions. If, in the future, you wish for me to do it privately, I can. Also - since you've been here a year longer than me.. are you a veteran member or new here? I'm a little confused.

Don't tell me because this person is 15 I am not allowed to speak my mind.....
Where did I say that? I believe I congratulated you on using your wonderful powers of free speech, actually.

I am stating my opinion on the animals care, and since its not her choice...I STILL have the EXACT same opinions about the care the animals are receiving...even if they are directed towards the OPs mother and not her. Which I already stated right before you posted about me being such a mean bully.
I wasn't expecting you to change your opinions. I do, however, think it would be nice if you didn't snark at underage members about things that they have no control over. if you don't think you were snarking, perhaps you should evaluate your "directed towards her mother and not her now" comment.

Kayota

I rather like my mother, and though your opinions of her may not be great I'd rather keep personal insults of her off this thread. Just a heads-up BEFORE it happens.

Um. Sure. Because coming into a PICTURE THREAD and saying you think the purported actions of a member is "absolutely horrible,"
now you are using my own words to say something completely different. When I said "absolutely horrible" it was in regards to the dog that was PTS for being timid and shy. And again...I do think that was horrible. Whether or not the OP had a choice in the matter.

I must be a noob in comparison, because you've been here a year longer than me
My join date has nothing to do with when I actually started frequenting this board ;). See..you can easily judge based on something written. I joined this forum years ago, and maybe posted a post or two...but I didn't consider myself an actual member because I didn't really participate on this forum. I have only really participated on this forum the past couple of months..and even then, I only go online maybe 1-2 times a week. Unlike some people, i don't know or read every little thread or post someone makes here.

I realize my first post was directed towards her...But I didn't know she was 15 at the time, and I didn't know it was her mother who was the caretaker of the animals. I don't think my posts after I found out were rude at all. I even mentioned i understand what its like to have a parent who won't take a certain animal to the vet.

xpaeanx

When I make that sort of off-handed comment in threads, and when most other people do, it's not exactly a non-sequitor. It's a dig. A pointed statement. "I see pictures of a dog on a chain in this thread. I DO NOT LIKE DOGS LIVING ON CHAINS. Your dog has a chain on in several pictures, so he MUST live on a chain. I DO NOT LIKE THAT."
agreed with 100%

And might I add if you are going that route..I never said anything personally about her dogs being on the chain. I stated I don't agree with dogs living on a chain. Did I say "Oh how cruel, your dogs are on a chain"..Nope..Didn't refer to her dogs at all. I was simply stating that I don't agree with dogs living on a chain. Which is true. And the OP herself DID mention they "USED" to live on a chain. So therefore...I was right.. And I am very happy they don't live on chains anymore.
check the posts, that was stated AFTER your post. So there was no reason for you to make that comment in this thread at that time. It was a dig, and it was uncalled for. If you want to start your own thread about dogs not being on chains then by all means go ahead. When you make those comments in a PICTURE thread... it is a jab.

Then perhaps you see the difference between a few pictures of a dog on a chain and that dog living its life on a chain. Just saying.

a BIG difference. And Xpaen..another big difference between a dog being tethered when outside, and a dog who lives outside on a chain. We had to have a dog tethered when outside when I was younger because this dog (Small dog might I add) could climb over our 6 foot fence, and could get out THROUGH the links of a chain link fence.
:confused: I had explained that my dog has to be tied bc she's an escape artist extraordinaire. And that seeing a dog in a pic tied does not mean that the dog spends his entire life on a chain.... So i'm not exactly sure what your trying to tell me here?

I find it really funny you are using the "me judging this person saying their dog lives on a chain just because the dog is chained in a picture" against me..when it WAS True. The dog WAS living on a chain, and the OP even SAID it was true. So my judgment was true.

Xpaen-None of my comments about dogs on chains were about YOU. YOU were the one who started this big chaining debate.

xpaeanx

I find it really funny you are using the "me judging this person saying their dog lives on a chain just because the dog is chained in a picture" against me..when it WAS True. The dog WAS living on a chain, and the OP even SAID it was true. So my judgment was true.

Xpaen-None of my comments about dogs on chains were about YOU. YOU were the one who started this big chaining debate.
The dogs may have lived tied up, but there was still no reason to give a dig when you did(as nothing had been said at that point). which is my point, and the reason why people are on you in this thread. you asked why, and I am giving you my answer as to why.

I used my situation to defend the OP. as in, "here is a reason a dog would be in a pic on a chain and not necessarily live there." I was not taking it as you were directing that comment at me.

My chains do not make dogs aggressive was probably best left unsaid as it was more of a side note then actually directed at anyone. Just something that really irks me bc I had a neighbor who's dog was always roaming the streets and they wouldn't tie him up because it makes dogs aggressive... which they got from all the anti-chain campaigns... SO that just happens to be something that gets under my skin... and I appologise for saying it.

noludoru

Bored Now.
now you are using my own words to say something completely different. When I said "absolutely horrible" it was in regards to the dog that was PTS for being timid and shy. And again...I do think that was horrible. Whether or not the OP had a choice in the matter.
Yes - you were saying it was absolutely horrible that they put her to sleep. Ergo, they are absolutely horrible for doing so.

:confused: I had explained that my dog has to be tied bc she's an escape artist extraordinaire. And that seeing a dog in a pic tied does not mean that the dog spends his entire life on a chain.... So i'm not exactly sure what your trying to tell me here?
Sorry, I need to go back and edit that - it was a part of her post that escaped my quotes. What I aid ended at "just saying."

.....I wasn't aware that made a difference. Do me a favor and go look at MY pic thread and make a snap judgment, okay? I would definitely enjoy that. Or the, um, HUNDREDS OF OTHER PICTURE THREADS WITH DOGS ON A TETHER OR A CHAIN.

ETA: Sorry Kayota, did not see that. I'll stop.

Even so, all I did was state how I was against dogs living on chains. No harm in that, but certain people act like I was calling her names. I did nothing like that.

Just as a reference...I know people who have their dogs tied up on big thick chains 24/7 and I see the heartache those poor dogs go through on a daily basis. I have a lot of views about animal husbandry and I am a very passionate person when it comes to how animals are treated...and I do tend to spill things out without thinking fully. So sorry that I am like that....no reason for people to call me a bully and a try and make me out to be a cruel person. All of us are on this forum for the same reason....we love dogs, and want whats best for them. I just cannot believe I being played out as a bad person for speaking my mind FOR dogs.

I wouldn't do that because I can clearly see your animals are being well taken care of.

Actually I HAVE had to make the decision to ethuanize a DOG when it WAS aggressive....It killed two of our dogs. And we had her PTS. The OP NEVER stated that the puppy was aggressive. She stated the reason the dog was PTS was because it was "Too fearful of humans". That is NO reason to have a poor animal PTS.
Actually it can be. And again, we can't make that judgment from here, and unfortunately no one but the owners who decided to PTS the dog can make that judgement. WE WEREN'T THERE!
So you looked at my thread... because you could tell my animals were poorly cared for from looking at my avatar...
DUH! Padfoot looks like he is chained and beaten 24/7 from the looks of your avatar ;)

Wow, since I don't have an avatar I wonder what that says about how I keep MY animals . . .

BACK to the original purpose of this thread:
The dogs, cats, and rats are damned adorable. I'd love a big squishy Padfoot head in my lap 24/7.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I wouldn't do that because I can clearly see your animals are being well taken care of.
Even when he's on a tether? Srsly, asks Midnight?

And no, I am not trying to make you out to be cruel, or anything really. You came into a picture thread and borderline attacked the poster for actions outside of her control. I got up in arms because this poster has been harassed enough. Cruel would be if you, say, pulled the wings off flies for fun.

DUH! Padfoot looks like he is chained and beaten 24/7 from the looks of your avatar

Wow, since I don't have an avatar I wonder what that says about how I keep MY animals . . .
My shriveled little heart is cackling. I certainly know what MY avatar says about my animal's care.

ETA, okay I am really done. Sorry again, Kayota.

Now you guys are just being childish.
Yup, that's how we roll here in the picture section . . . a section for being LIGHT HEARTED AND HAPPY!!!

I rather like my mother, and though your opinions of her may not be great I'd rather keep personal insults of her off this thread. Just a heads-up BEFORE it happens.
But I promise to leave the "your mom" jokes out THIS time around ;)

If someone posted pictures of this dog, would your first thoughts be "Oh..he must be a well loved family pet"?

But wait! he has shelter!

For reference before someone posts "He has food and a toy, he must be well loved"...He had NO food until my friend gave him some, he had NO water until my friend gave him some, and he had no toy until my friend gave him some....This dog is owned by my best friend's brother in law.

Members online

No members online now.