Lots of people have been asking for pics... so here are some older ones

Unless you have been in the position where you had to put down a puppy then don't go running your mouth
Actually I HAVE had to make the decision to ethuanize a DOG when it WAS aggressive....It killed two of our dogs. And we had her PTS. The OP NEVER stated that the puppy was aggressive. She stated the reason the dog was PTS was because it was "Too fearful of humans". That is NO reason to have a poor animal PTS.

And woops, i thought it was a cat that died from an abscess, not a rat. I KNOW all about rats and their illnesses...I do RAT RESCUE. And even so..I personally have never lost a rat to an abscess..even an EYE abscess..

I realize now its a young person and its not her choice..but again, I AM allowed to speak my mind. This is an open forum and I am simply stating my opinion on the subject. Nowhere was I being narrow-minded. I see enough of that on this forum, and theres absolutely no way that came across on my original post in this forum.

Kayota

Trust me, my vet and I did our absolute best with her. She couldn't even drink or eat, she was so sick. There was a HOLE in her CHIN after the abscess was drained. All the way through. I put meds in her mouth and they leaked out of the hole. You make it sound like I didn't try.

I wish that dog hadn't been PTS. I really really do. Just putting that out there.

I completely understand that it is NOT your fault OR your choice! Again...I was just stating my thoughts on the issue itself, not trying to blame you for it. When I was younger (And didn't have a job) my mother refused to take my rats to the vet and I had to find as much money as I could to take them when they were very serious (Such as abscesses,etc). Maybe you could start saving up money to use JUST for the vet when your pets need to go. Thats really the best people can do if their parents refuse. If YOU have money to take them, it should be easier to get your parents to take you. (And it will show them how dedicated you are to making sure they get vet care).

Edit to add: I came off much older than I am with the "when I was younger" statement lol, but I am only 19..I just meant when I was your age. I have a good job though, and pay for all my small animal's vet care (And everything else for them, such as large cages and good food,etc). Luckily my mother is an animal lover herself and she will take the dogs and cats for absolutely every small reason. But shes not a fan of rodents..and refuses to pay money to take them.

Kayota

My dad takes my rats to the vet when I say they need it. Heh. And I said she needed it 3-4 times after the surgery, and he took her! My mom... is a different story. Eheh.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Actually I HAVE had to make the decision to ethuanize a DOG when it WAS aggressive....It killed two of our dogs. And we had her PTS. The OP NEVER stated that the puppy was aggressive. She stated the reason the dog was PTS was because it was "Too fearful of humans". That is NO reason to have a poor animal PTS.

I realize now its a young person and its not her choice..but again, I AM allowed to speak my mind. This is an open forum and I am simply stating my opinion on the subject. Nowhere was I being narrow-minded. I see enough of that on this forum, and theres absolutely no way that came across on my original post in this forum.
Since it is okay to speak your mind.... Having a dog who is human aggressive is completely different than having a dog who is dog aggressive. PTS a dog who bites humans? Yes, I agree. Putting a dog down because he hates dogs? No. That is something you need to manage... and I think we have several members here who have DA dogs and they manage their dogs regarding their "special needs" very successfully.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Well, Punky - thanks to your knowledge that you can speak freely on Chaz you have bullied an underage poster about things outside of her control in a picture thread where she was just trying to share pictures of her pets.

Congratulations. I hope you are very proud of yourself and the opinions that you share on this forum.

As to the narrow-minded bit: "Don't know if anyone else here will comment about dogs on chains, but I personally am completely against a dog living its life on a chain." That I think is what Sis was referring to. We have rehashed that so many times it's not even funny on this forum - if you want some good education about the supposed cruelty of tethering a dog I suggest you search Summitview's threads, make sure to click the ones over 10 pages long. And no - I highly doubt anyone who read those threads will be foolish enough to make a comment on a picture of a dog on a chain, or assume that the dog lives its life on a chain from one picture. ;)

I completely understand that it is NOT your fault OR your choice! Again...I was just stating my thoughts on the issue itself, not trying to blame you for it.
It sounded a lot like blame - read your first post, taking care to scrutinize the parts between the lines, and I think you'll understand why hackles have been raised. It was not a friendly post.

Kayota,
Padfoot is - as always - adorable, and I'm going to steal Twist Kitty. Like I need another tortie. :D

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Padfoot has entropion you say? That makes me a little angry that your mom is not treating this condition. Perhaps you should show your mom this (if you think she might care):

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/entropion-in-dogs/page1.aspx
Entropion can occur alone or may be accompanied by other eye problems such as abnormal eyelashes, corneal ulcers and scarring, and ectropion (outward rolling of the eyelid). Since entropion is the inward rolling of the eyelid, the hair on the affected lid continuously rubs against the cornea. This can cause significant discomfort and trauma to the cornea.

Entropion most often affects the outer aspect of the lower eyelids of one or both eyes. The upper eyelids may also be involved. In some dogs the entire eyelid is rolled inward, or a portion of the lid may be rolled in and another portion is rolled out.
Your pics are cute though! I've always liked Padfoot.

xpaeanx

\Don't know if anyone else here will comment about dogs on chains, but I personally am completely against a dog living its life on a chain.
My dog Keeda will jump fences(6ft ones too), dig holes, even climb trees to get out. She gets chained when outside. I would rather her be on her 50ft chain, then have to go scrap her off the highway that's not very far from my house. She doesn't seem to mind at all. When I let her out in the morning and afternoons she walks right up to the clip and waits there for me. As soon soon as she hears the metal pieces hit she's off in the yard sniffing around. She's not dog aggressive(and she's spent the entire 7 yrs(soon to be 8) I've had with the same chaining routine), so don't tell me that it makes them aggressive bc that is just plain CRAP. She's also ALWAYS happy! I also take her on walks around the neighborhood(and GASP she's on a LEASH... IT'S SOOOO MUCH LIKE A CHAIN!) Then on weekends I take her into the woods and let her run all day.

just because a dog is on a chain when it's outside UNSUPERVISED does not mean the owner is being cruel. Hell, in a lot of cases I'd say they're being a better owner. I'd rather see a dog on a chain in IT'S yard, then running through town or squished on a road.

Kayota

Padfoot has entropion you say? That makes me a little angry that your mom is not treating this condition. Perhaps you should show your mom this (if you think she might care):

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/entropion-in-dogs/page1.aspx

Your pics are cute though! I've always liked Padfoot.
I told her about that... she just kind of said "Ooh" and sighed a little, after saying "There's nothing I can do about it." Baby most likely has it too.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
My dog Keeda will jump fences(6ft ones too), dig holes, even climb trees to get out. She gets chained when outside. I would rather her be on her 50ft chain, then have to go scrap her off the highway that's not very far from my house. She doesn't seem to mind at all. When I let her out in the morning and afternoons she walks right up to the clip and waits there for me. As soon soon as she hears the metal pieces hit she's off in the yard sniffing around. She's not dog aggressive(and she's spent the entire 7 yrs(soon to be 8) I've had with the same chaining routine), so don't tell me that it makes them aggressive bc that is just plain CRAP. She's also ALWAYS happy! I also take her on walks around the neighborhood(and GASP she's on a LEASH... IT'S SOOOO MUCH LIKE A CHAIN!) Then on weekends I take her into the woods and let her run all day.

just because a dog is on a chain when it's outside UNSUPERVISED does not mean the owner is being cruel. Hell, in a lot of cases I'd say they're being a better owner. I'd rather see a dog on a chain in IT'S yard, then running through town or squished on a road.
When people say they are against chaining, they are most probably referring to the people that stick their dog on a tether and leave it there indefinitely, perhaps throwing food at it once in a while. I am most certainly against that kind of chaining. But that's a different thread.

xpaeanx

:( What if you beg really really hard!

I know it sucks when you can't do it yourself. I was raised by my grandfather and his opinion of animals: "if they get sick shoot 'em" soooo.... trying to get him to take my dog to the vet for even rabies was **** near impossible. I only got her shots done because I would find the town clinics that were "free" and then he would say fine, but not be too happy about it. I'm just glad that the only time something bad happened to her I was already employed and owned my own car.

Nolu, there is a BIG difference between a dog being tethered for a couple hours a day, and a dog LIVING on the chain 24/7. a BIG difference. And Xpaen..another big difference between a dog being tethered when outside, and a dog who lives outside on a chain. We had to have a dog tethered when outside when I was younger because this dog (Small dog might I add) could climb over our 6 foot fence, and could get out THROUGH the links of a chain link fence.

Nolu, I was not bullying anyone. What is it with this forum where they think they go on being really cruel to certain members for absolutely NO reason..and then someone is stating their opinion..which is ALL I was doing. Don't expect me to know every little thing about this member...I haven't been a member here for very long, and I don't know this person...therefore I am basing my thoughts on what this person stated in this thread, and what this person posted in the pictures. If you want to start going around saying I am a bully...maybe you should say the same about yourself when you have a disagreement with someone (Which EVERY veteran member here HAS had). Don't tell me because this person is 15 I am not allowed to speak my mind.....I am stating my opinion on the animals care, and since its not her choice...I STILL have the EXACT same opinions about the care the animals are receiving...even if they are directed towards the OPs mother and not her. Which I already stated right before you posted about me being such a mean bully.

so don't tell me that it makes them aggressive bc that is just plain CRAP
When did I say it makes them aggressive? lol.

xpaeanx

In the first post she says how her mom doens't have the money for entropion surgery. No where in the post does she say the dogs live on the chains. That is why everyone is on you. by saying her mom doesn't have the money that pretty much sends up minor flags. And so what if a dogs is on a chain in a pic, that doens't mean they spend every second of their life there.

as for the aggresive comment. one of the top reasons for all the "dogs shouldn't be chained comments" is that it makes them aggressive.... which is BS.

No where in the post does she say the dogs live on the chains.
And might I add if you are going that route..I never said anything personally about her dogs being on the chain. I stated I don't agree with dogs living on a chain. Did I say "Oh how cruel, your dogs are on a chain"..Nope..Didn't refer to her dogs at all. I was simply stating that I don't agree with dogs living on a chain. Which is true. And the OP herself DID mention they "USED" to live on a chain. So therefore...I was right.. And I am very happy they don't live on chains anymore.

as for the aggresive comment. one of the top reasons for all the "dogs shouldn't be chained comments" is that it makes them aggressive.... which is BS.
And that was NOT me who stated that. I didn't say anything else about chained dogs other than I don't agree with a dog living on a chain. Does anyone here agree with a dog LIVING on a chain? And don't give me the "my dog is on a chain when hes outside"..because I said nothing bad about that. I even said I used to have a dog who had to be tethered when she was outside.

Kayota

There isn't a huge difference between when they are on chain and off, as far as care etc goes... they get food, water & shelter every day.

Members online

No members online now.