My cat died

Saje

Island dweller
:(

Dexter the black cat we adopted last fall (early winter?) died either during the night or yesterday evening. I was looking for him and found his little body on the floor in the 'cat room' I feel bad that he was all alone. :( I think he'd been feeling sick for a couple days. He wasn't quite himself. Slept a lot and was pretty whiny for a couple days. Seemed to be walking stiffly. I was thinking about taking him to the vet next week but now he's gone.

We don't know how old he is. Not a young cat that's for sure. He was abandoned at the vet clinic and they were going to put him to sleep so we took him. And he was one crazy cat. Loving and mean at the same time. He'd purr and love all over you and then viciously bite and claw you. Not in the playful/loving way either. Sometimes you'd have to pry his jaw open to get your hand back. He needed a lot of attention and wouldn't stay off of you no matter how many times you put him down he'd jump right back up. Steve sure loved him. I think he was one of his favourite animals. He's kinda sad today too.

Here's a pic of them:

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks Doc. We'll definitely miss him. Although I won't miss him peeing on the counter! He was such a bizarre cat

Im so sorry.

You can be happy knowing he lived out the remainder of his life in a happy home that loved him.

Elissa

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Awww... :( At least he died in a warm, happy place and knew that he was loved for the last part of his life. We should all be so lucky.

Iam so Sorry,
Rest in peace.
you filled his life with love and happyness, he will be waiting for u..looking down upon u.

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks everyone. Whenever I lose a pet I always feel like I should have done more. The last time him and I snuggled was a couple days ago when he came and pressed himself right up against me and fell asleep. Odd for him since he loved to climb all over us. I should have done that more.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I am so sorry for your loss. Know that you gave him a good life for as long as you did and that he will for ever be gratful to you for that and your love. Take care.

LoveMyKees

Love My KEEShond
I'm so sorry. The death of a pet is so hard to deal with.

At least you gave him a caring, loving, home while he lived the remainder of his life.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Aww, Saje.

I am so sorry.

Thank you for giving him the life you did, without you he would not of had those last few months.

May he rest in peace....

Members online

No members online now.