Worst Dog names!

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I had a cat called Screwball, but he ran out in front of a car and did not make it.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
My dad as an old biker buddy with a Lab X named Stupid (trust me its more polite then his full name). Weird but the guy loves this dog and this dog i swear is the smartest dog I have ever met.

I once met a couple on the street and their dogs name was Scratch not scratchy or scratcher but SCRATCH. Wierd people.

EliNHunter

I had a golden retriever growing up named Bushwacker. After a fly (for fishing). We called him "Bush". He was so cool. Last year my big ole white cat died of old age... his name was Catfish.

Ok, how about stupid nicknames we come up with? My all time worse (or best?) was my golden growing up, named Copper Fox ("Copper"). She ended up being "Grilled Cheese on Rye Toast" -- go figure??!! :confused:

My golden I just lost, Eli, was "Jessie". And my yellow lab, Hunter, is "Butter".
LOL

EliNHunter

More stupid nicknames

My other animals throughout my life:

Rufus (golden retriever) = Fishy Moto, or just Moto or Mote
Roxy (golden retriever) = Bicky Lou
Bear (golden retriever) = Beans
Kal (horse) = Cupi Dog
Puddin (cat) = Pudwink
Yogi (yellow lab) = Mr. Ham
Bushwacker (golden retriever) = Hunny Bun
Catfish (cat) = Dude or Guy

And they all knew their nicknames as well as their real names!

:confused: :p

Tbecker48

Okay...I got it. A good friend of mine had a dalmation and her and her sister decided to name him "Fire". I gues because he was a dalmation but when they yelled outside for him to come in...."FIRE!!!!" Everyone looked with concern!!! DUH!!! :confused:

bubbatd

These remind me of an old joke.....A Lady was arrested for prostitution for yelling all over town " Here t'iz , here t'iz " , when she was only calling her dog , T'iz .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
bubba on "In the heat of the Night" had a hounddog named knothead..always liked that one

Sakasha

Sheltered
Even more stupid nicknames

I have a very strange habit of adding the word "face" to the end of dogs names. I do it to all my favorites at work too. Yes, I'm a little strange.

Dutch = Dutchie-face
Sasha = Sashy-face
Sophia = Sophie-face
Chance = Chancy-face
Trevor (<3) was Twevy-face
Etc, etc ...

I also used to call Trevor "Moosheface" (Moo-sheh-face), "Lovies", and "Monster", and Dutch is occasionally "Pookie", "Pookums", or, you guessed it, "Pookie-face".

And then there are the random nicknames ...
Sasha became "Sashy", which became "Sash", which became "Sa-Sash"
Sophia became "Sophie", which became "Sof", which became "Sophie-sofs". She's also known as "Princess" or "The Queen" and will actually respond if called by thoes names.
Maya is "My-my", and her brother Ogden is "Oggie".
Turquoise is "Turkey".

And of course, every mother dog that comes into the shelter automatically gets the nickname "Mommy".

Wow, that's a lot of nicknames ...I guess that's what I get for working with so many animals. :)

bubbatd

Before I got my first Golden at 13, we had an Irish Setter.....his name was Sir Anthony of Killendrane ...."Tony" .. He was so dumb I called him ..."Tony, Boney, Macaroni"...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Guess i am about that bad..Bronki was Bronkobilly..and for no reason whatsover I call Victor Bickybeans...Mom named him Victor because she wanted him to have " a respectible moniker"..he likes to be bicker tho and that is our gonna play name
mary's are better, blackaberry mary and marybird besides Mother Mary or mama
do nicknames count as stupid or is it just the proper name?
the cat here has no respect..it is DB that stands for "if your talking to my mother" that darn brat..but if it is anybody else db stands for de B***h
She is evil about sneaking up on everybody and has deserved that from the beginning..

Last edited:

EliNHunter

bubbatd said:
Before I got my first Golden at 13, we had an Irish Setter.....his name was Sir Anthony of Killendrane ...."Tony" .. He was so dumb I called him ..."Tony, Boney, Macaroni"...
I luv that story, LOL!

My girls have some very strange nicknames. May I call Moo Moo, Tippy is Banana Princess and Jaws, and Colby is Cheeza Babe (so it sounds like you're saying, She's a babe).

My dog's name is Teddy...and ya I guess it's not that original, but it just suited him so well! I think one of the worst name's is my friend's pug's name, 'Chomper'!! Isn't that horrible??! lol! Or maybe the Chi from england in the house we stayed at...his name was 'Fang'!! Aw man those are pretty bad! I like the name we chose for our previous dog, she was a rodhesion ridgeback (i don't remember how to spell it)...her name was Java.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I knew a friend who had a Pomeranian (sp?) that she named "Spunky".
It always reminded me of that old show "Rocko's modern Life". I don't know if anyone nows of that show, but there was this really brain dead dog that Rocko owned called Spunky. It's funny because my friends dog was sooooo smart!! LOL

My dogs name is "Lucas" (pronounced Loo-kas) off of the mexican spice that we use to eat as candy. He is sometimes called "Lukey boy", "Poopers", "Lukey puppy", or "Lucas pups".

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
My husband grew up with friends that had 3 consecutive mini collies named Charlie.Charlie isn't a bad name but it wasn't even Charlie 1, 2 and 3...just "Charlie". Growing up (I don't know why I thought it was an apt name at the time) I named my puppy "Dixie cup"...yeah like the little paper cups you put in your bathroom :rolleyes: As for nicknames I call sunny "sunny bunny" (he looks like a rabbit darting around the room,seriously) fluffer nutter (look at his pic and you can tell why...sort of :) ) and Goober. Yeah...poor pup :)

Khristine

i knew a neighborhood cat that had ... lester the molester.. :D and the kids wouldn't call it just "lester" .. it was the whole deal..

i actually don't know what to name my other puppy when i do get one.. i heard that people do identity thefts with even animals.. so im scared to name my girl a real girl name cause someone might steal the identity.. but can that really happen?

Khristine said:
i actually don't know what to name my other puppy when i do get one.. i heard that people do identity thefts with even animals.. so im scared to name my girl a real girl name cause someone might steal the identity.. but can that really happen?
...what, and ruin her credit?

lol. Sorry. I couldn't resist. :D

Khristine

lol but no thats sorta what happened, i heard on the news in my area, people signing up people's pets for credit cards and loans..

all they need is the pets name, and b-day i guess... :p

Members online

No members online now.