This may not count...

mojozen

bullie lover
My "art" is centered around taking boxes and redoing them - via painting, decoupage, and other various techniques.

This is a box I did for my bf's birthday. It was made from a wooden box that had held Acid cigars (my bf smokes cigars on occasion), and on the top cover is a Mandarin Fish (salt water). On the inside cover is a tribute to the Buddha.

I don't know if this belongs in this thread but I thought I'd show it.

&

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
OF course that counts!!!!! WE label it Mixed Media:D
I love your boxes! I am saving up all the little dog things i find at the trift store in hopes of one day doing a piece of art combining them all. I had a friend at the art institute that bought all the doors from an apartment complex that was being torn down. She covered them with an eccentric amount of everything, they really were wild and interesting. She sold them in a gallery somewhere in Lenexa if i remember right.

mojozen

bullie lover
BigDogHeads said:
mmmmmmm...Acid cigars...yum! Can you include a picture of the cigars please?:D Just kidding.
Unfortunately, this was just an empty box he found for me at the cigar store. But I did buy him 3 Drew Estates Java cigars for Valentine's day. He was quite happy... :D

B

bjdobson

So creative!!! It's beautiful!! What did he think of it or does he have it yet?

Ashlea

Hey Brenda!

Good to see you! How are you and the kids? Have you got your new baby yet?
Ashlea Lilly and Aeron. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
AWESOME!!!!!! you should do more and more and more:D a dog theme would be cool too;)

mojozen

bullie lover
smkie said:
AWESOME!!!!!! you should do more and more and more:D a dog theme would be cool too;)
Smkie I am thinking about doing a pit bull themed box once the urge to create a box ccomes back over me. But we will see. I still haven't done a Mojo box, although I have done a Mojo painting. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have done paintings on the top of a few. One for Jim and one that i made for Daniel. They have really nice boxes unfinished at Hobby Lobby and Micheals for a decent price (especially if you have a half off coupon)..one was an order that i thought a good idea. The customer wanted two cats in a pink cadilac in wedding attire, and she said to make sure the engagement ring was showing. Then after they picked it up instead of everyone buying a gift for the couple, they all put cash in the box for the honeymoon.

mojozen

bullie lover
Smkie - here's the other box i did for my boyfriend.

Lid Top - Outside

Hinge

Inside whole

Inside Lid Detail

This is another box i did called Sadness

Lid

Sides

I've done a ton of boxes both featuring animals and not...

But those should suffice for now. ;)

(i love showing off what I've done... please pardon me if this is inappropriate. I'm just so happy I can do this stuff without ever taking art classes!)

Members online