Fun things from your childhood that you still love. :)

lizzybeth727

AKA Read This Thread When You're Too Freaked Out By The Other Thread to Get to Sleep. LOL

I loved the show The Letter People. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ9oKzApIeQ I think I only saw a couple of episodes, when I was REALLY little, before they took it off the air. I remember seeing my little sister in the hospital just after she was born, and Mom turned on The Letter People for me in the hospital room. :) I was 4, I barely remember it.

The Ladybug Picnic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0 song still plays in my head sometimes when I have to count a lot. :)

I'm sure I have more, but that's a good start. :D

B

Backward_Cinderella

Reading Rainbow <3
My dogs, of course :)
Sitting next to my aunt popping chocolates and crochetting, while watching Jeopardy on TV on the weekends.
Weekend trips to my aunt's house with my cousin, still go to her house on the weekends when I get to visit home. Nothing like playing yahtzee with Aunt Carol and losing tremendously.
Scrabble. <3
Visits to the ranch.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Playdoh totally. Um, Hungry Hungry Hippos and Sorry for sure. Smashing pennies and rocks on the train tracks (I'm a terrible person I know).

Stuffed animals and figurines. I'm a hoarder of those. I'm going to try to stop collecting crap lol, but its not working yet. :p

Also the fifty cent machines. I'll still buy tattoos and stuff out of them lol

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Forts!! Blanket forts are the best. Box forts, too.

Video games are still an obsession of mine. And fantasy books. These were, and are, my favourite ways to escape reality into something more exciting.

One of my favourite things to do when I was little was wrap myself in a thin bedsheet, and sit in front of an open window while it was chilly and stormy outside. I don't know why I loved this so much, but it was very calming for some reason. The chilly summer storms in the evenings, or fall storms were the best time for this, because it was cool, but not freezing. The sheet provided just enough warmth so I didn't shiver, but not enough so that I would get sleepy from heat. It's weird to explain, I don't know why it was so comforting, exactly. If it wasn't storming or cool, I'd grab a sheet and sit in front of a fan instead. I still like sitting on the balcony during a storm, when they happen here so rarely, and just getting lost in it. It takes me back to my childhood. It just makes me feel good.

Climbing trees and dirt hills. Or just going into the woods and walking around. I miss this from my childhood. My cousin and I were best friends and inseparable and this is what we could usually be found doing. We'd climb trees, climb big dirt hills, and just run around the woods all day. We'd come home for supper, take our baths, and watch cartoons before bed, or Dukes of Hazard, depending on how we felt. My time at my granny's house, with my cousins, is something I miss more than anything else in the world. Losing this was the absolute worst part about growing up and I get teary eyed thinking about it. :(
I wish I had more opportunities to do these things.

Old Nickelodeon shows from the 90s. And old Nick at Nite! I was obsessed with Nick at Nite; Lucy, Genie, Samantha, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick van Dyke, The Fonz, they were my friends when I stayed up late waiting for my mom to get home from work. I fell asleep to those shows.

ravennr; said:
Climbing trees and dirt hills. Or just going into the woods and walking around. I miss this from my childhood. My cousin and I were best friends and inseparable and this is what we could usually be found doing. We'd climb trees, climb big dirt hills, and just run around the woods all day. We'd come home for supper, take our baths, and watch cartoons before bed, or Dukes of Hazard, depending on how we felt. My time at my granny's house, with my cousins, is something I miss more than anything else in the world. Losing this was the absolute worst part about growing up and I get teary eyed thinking about it. :(
I wish I had more opportunities to do these things.

Old Nickelodeon shows from the 90s. And old Nick at Nite! I was obsessed with Nick at Nite; Lucy, Genie, Samantha, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick van Dyke, The Fonz, they were my friends when I stayed up late waiting for my mom to get home from work. I fell asleep to those shows.
This exactly, all of it except the dukes of hazard. Had a cousin who lived behind my house, we spent every waking moment together and basically lived in the woods. I miss all my cousins, that dirt road I grew up on, all of us playing outside on summer nights on my great grandparents acreage. I absolutely hate that I had to grow up.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
First and foremost of course,

Stuffed animals, I still have far too many as an adult lol

Blue dum dums (these were my special treat as a kid. Turn my whole mouth blue, crazy amount of sugar lol but I love em)

Peter Pan, loved that book since I was pretty little

In hair, on clothing, on shoes..

The original pokemon

Colorful printed silly socks

Animal hats

All things disney (world, movies)

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
David the Gnome

Maya the Bee

Captain Caveman

That smell when you walk into your grandma's house and just KNOW dinner was going to rock. And going to work with my grandfather on the weekends . He was a maintence man and i got to see the inner workings of so many types of buildings.

I am torn about growing up though. I like the control i have over my life , but the responsibility is exhausting. I guess my childhood was a not all roses that i want to go back. It sucked living and being poor ( NOT that it was horrid or anything I DO have some great memories). Now that I see how hard it is to make it I do appreciate my mom more and understand why she worked 2 and 3 jobs.

anyway /ramble.

Taqroy

Having my grandpa teach me how to crochet with my fingers. He had big rough hands from being a farrier but he'd put his hands over mine and show me how to do it, again and again and again.

"Helping" my grandma do puzzles lol. I'd pick pieces up and try them somewhere then set them back down and she'd pick them up and put them in the proper place.

Playing Star Children with my cousins. It was a really awesome game involving time travel, cannons, pirates and space marauders. Seriously one of the best memories of my childhood but very depressing considering I don't talk to 2/3 of my cousins now. :(

Dancing on my other grandpa's feet. <3

Going hiking/hunting/fishing/to work with my Dad. Anything with my dad really.

Listening to my Mom read us books in the summertime. Baking cookies with my Mom.

Playing Boxcar children with my sister in the tree row in Nebraska.

I just realized I made a list of all the stuff I MISS from my childhood but don't really get to do anymore. But it makes me happy so I'm leaving it. :p

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Old Nickelodeon shows from the 90s. And old Nick at Nite!
THIS! Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Ahh! Real Monsters, Doug, etc. :D

AND the original Pokemon! And shows like Johnny Bravo, Mummies Alive, Powerpuff Girls.

And some Canadian shows like Stickin' Around. :D I loved YTV. Does anyone remember PJ Katie's Farm?

Aww now I'm all nostalgic. :rolleyes:

Playing catch with my father. ****, he could throw a football!

My kids don't really do the male-bonding thing (obviously, as they're girls), so the tradition I have with them - and one I hope they will carry on with, with their future kids - is taking them for a drive for no other purpose than spending some one-on-one time (complete with hot-chocolate) and letting them talk about whatever's on their minds - whether it's boys, books, movies, what they want to do for vacation or anything else.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Lamb Chop's Play-along

Such a sassy little lamb.
YES I love lamb chops :) anyone know where to find the old episodes so Hannah can watch them? lol

I also love old board games from my childhood taht I can play with Hannah. Like Pop o matic trouble lol

Disney of course. I particularly like all the old cartoon shorts before the characters really talked when it was just music put to the cartoons :) I love those.

I sleep with a stuffed animal lol. I have to. Can't sleep without one. If I can't find him one night I have to go borrow one from hannah lol.

fingerpainting, crafts etc.

LOL there is a group of women from the homeschool co op that I sit and chat with each co op day and a couple of them are always saying that when their kids were younger they were never really the "fun" mom because they just weren't really into playing much but now that their kids are a bit older it's getting to be more fun.

I always say "I'm the opposite. I'm the fun mom now but that's only because I'm extremely immature. I worry about what happens when Hannah doesn't want to play with me anymore... what will I do then?" LOL

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Eating oranges on the playground with all my siblings.

Going to the empty development and playing in the retention pond that was always partially full of water because they were stupid and decided to water it 24/7.

Going to the springs with my older siblings, and getting picked on by their friends. Sadly I don't see them that often anymore :/ My older siblings friends are some of my favorite people in the world.

Playdough. Nowadays children look at me funny when I say I love it, and when I say that I used to eat it (still do :p ) they are all shocked. Really? You've never eaten play dough? Your life needs improvement kid.

Climbing trees. I used to climb wayyy high up in trees, and now I'm too big and our new neighbors won't let me climb the tree that is in their yard, but we can get too. They think I'll fall. Psh.

Playing outside in the rain. Getting insanely dirty and throwing water at each other. And laughing. I pretty much miss my siblings :/

One thing that I think is awesome is the first time we visited my sister and her husbands house, they bombarded us with nerf guns that we got them for their wedding. We weren't stupid though, we brought ours and shot them back :p

Snark

Mutts to you
Swings (and going as high as you can go)... Watching fireflies at night... Looking up at the stars and spinning around 'til you're dizzy... Homemade ice cream floats... Listening to my dad read; at 83, he still has the BEST reading voice I've ever heard. He and Mom bought those recordable books for the grandkids for Christmas - I want one!!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Visiting the farm, that is now sold. I had so many fond Memories. We used to ride the stubborn donkey all the time, playing in the barn, catching the wild barn cats and finding kittens, climbing bales, catching pigs.

Skivvies

My Little Pony! I still have all my old ponies from childhood. Not gonna lie, I take them out and brush their hair every now and then. The new series (Friendship is Magic) is soooooo well done and I suggest it to anyone I know who has daughters. The cast is pretty much all female, and unlike shows that are only about boys with one female (usually tomboyish) character, all the characters are different and show that there's no one right way to be a girl. You can be a tomboy, an artist, nurturing, serious, silly, etc...all of it is good. Aggh I am so obsessed. I'm also planning out an MLP costume for the next comic con I go to.

I like their costumes a lot...I want to be Fluttershy, the pink and yellow one on the right.

K

Kristen1980

My Little Pony

Strawberry Shortcake

Pound Puppies

Popples

Debbie Gibsons Electric Youth Perfume

Members online

No members online now.