Grammy

Grammy brought a lot to Chaz, she was a Grandmother to those of us who had none, she was fountain of knowledge for those who wanted to breed their dogs, and she was a voice of reason to members and mods alike. Grammy was part of what made Chazhound great, her loving and caring attitude for her Chicks, her reasoned attitude on life, and she wouldnt take carp from anybody.

Most of all she was my friend, she invited me into her home without hesitation and I will never forget that. Her hospitality on and off the Web is something to be remembered. Because of her I got to meet her grandson Nash, a truly great kid and a blessing to his family and all who meet him.

My prayers go out to Amy and Jan and their families, my heart breaks for you.

Grammy I can only hope that you have been reunited with all of your family and your much beloved dogs. May you rest in peace, and have a kick up your heels good time across the Rainbow Bridge.

EliNHunter

Hi, everyone... Grammy's daughter here... I haven't made it through all the the wonderful posts yet and had to pause a moment to thank you all for the friendship, love, and yes... even the challenges provided to Grammy over the years. You all meant so much to her and it's so wonderful to see how many lives she touched, too. I was probably 2 minutes too late to be by her side during her crossing of the bridge... but as John said... she probably knew when I came thru the front door and said "gotta go". She did it her way and that's the way I would have wanted it. We said our goodbyes the night before when she knew I was there but we just sat in calm and silence and peacefulness. I knew she was near and it was a very spiritual time spent together. I want you to know she was in such peace. God bless you all...

Doberluv

Thank you for that EliNHunter. It is nice to know that you experienced a spiritual and peaceful time around the time of passing. I was surprised when my Dad died recently, that I also was given that sense of peace in a way and although I'm not a religious person, I am a spiritual person.

The hospice workers made all the difference in the world to me and my family and gave us a sense of peace and feeling that it was all very normal and spiritual and somehow, in some small way, beautifully mysterious.

In the hospice booklet we got when my Dad was nearing his passing, it mentioned something about not being right there at exactly the moment and that it could be that the dying don't want anyone right there and may have some control over that leap from this world to the next. Nobody really knows. It often happens that loved ones try to be there, feel they should be there, but often it is that they just left to go get a cup of coffee or use the bathroom and come back and find they missed the actual moment. And sometimes people feel guilty or sad about that. But the hospice workers reiterated that they feel like often, the dying person might be trying to pass during a moment when no one is in the room.

But anyhow, I'm glad that you had that sense of peace in spite of the sadness and loss. I hope you and the whole family continues to have peace, serenity and lots of good talks of happy times with Grammy and that your heart won't ache too badly....even though, I'm sure there will be a lot of difficult times. (((hugs))) And it is a wonderful thing to know that she was at peace and comfortable during the end of this world, but the beginning of the next. I think of Grammy, you and your family often.

One of my elder friends from our writing workshop, Bill Franklin, passed the 29th of September. He would appreciate sharing this poem that someone read at his memorial with Grammy and those who love her:

"High Flight"

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings; Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace Where never lark, or even eagle flew -

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

-John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

Thank you all

this is Grammys other daughter, and we too thank you all for your kind words, friendship and love for mom. Your letters and donations to Nash's Buddy Walk team were wonderful.

If anyone still wants to donate to mom's Memorial, Nash, Seger and her team is in first place, neck to neck. Here is the site. Donations have to be in by 4pm EST Sat. 10/16 to count toward the team total, but any are accepted anytime.

FirstGiving - Indiana Down Syndrome Foundation - Dash with Nash!
Here is mom's memorial site for those that missed it. We still love getting tributes to her.

If we win Mom, Nash and Seger's pic will be on the Buddy Walk brochure next year.

We have our private ceremony to put her cremains in the "bench" with Dad tomorrow. Its by a lovely pond.

lots of love.....

Barb04

Super Moderator
This was posted by Amy today:

We put Mom's ashes in with Dad's on Saturday (granite bench on a duck pond) and had our little private gathering... John, Jan/Jeff/Nash. We each prepared something to read. Here's what sweet Nash prepared on his very own and in his words. He was very serious in its delivery. He did a great job.

My Gaga:
I loved to play with Gaga and our dogs Seger, Ollie and Maggie. Gaga would spend Christmas with me at my House. Gaga and I like to eat at Red Lobster. I enjoyed going to visit Gaga at Carmel these last few months. We all miss you Gaga, I love you!

Debi

Nash is such a beautiful little boy! I love him, as Bubbatd loved my babies. oh..how I miss her daily!!!! I am thrilled that she had such a loving ceremony. my beloved friend, bubbat...I honestly miss you.

Tahla9999

Saw this earlier but was too upset to post anything just yet.

I actually had a brief dream a couple of days ago about this forum and I saw Grammy posting. In the dream, I was thinking, '' Great, Grammy back!'' It was so short, but meaningful. It made me realize how much I appreciated her, even though I never meet her.

RIP

milos_mommy

I love that post of Nash. I would like Grammy's family, especially Nash's parent's, to know that the fondness with which Grammy talked about Nash has greatly influence my desire, to someday adopt a child with Downs Syndrome. I'm not sure if it will ever happen, but I would love to share my life with someone as special as Nash, someone who was born into a situation where they couldn't thrive because the birth parents couldn't deal with their difference.

I was going through some old PMs, and I came across several from Grammy, she helped me alot when my friend had her baby with down syndrome, and she was very sympathetic when he died at 7 months of age. :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I had a dream about Grammy recently too. It still jolts me when I realize she's not going to be here anymore. :(

Doberluv

Awww...what a sweet child. Such a nice ceremony must make everyone feel a little better. (((hugs to the family)))

Amy sent this photo of Ollie, in his new home, stretched out comfortably on the COFFEE TABLE :rofl1:

This was the message that came with it:

Got this text from Ollie’s new Mom today… that’s her coffee table!!! I know my Mom is smiling down from heaven knowing he’s in a very good place in that home! I’d come clean with her about the situation before she died… and she was ok with it saying “As long as HE’S happy, I’m happyâ€â€¦

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Awww Renee, that's GREAT news, thanks for sharing that! Ollie does look comfy... and I can't help but notice the BED on the coffee table...

I think he's settling very well. :rofl1:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
that's quite a grin on his face there :) I'm glad to see he's happy and obviously making himself right at home.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
so good to know Ollie is happy and loved--that is what Grammy would want. Good that Amy could come clean about it too--bet it made her feel better knowing Grammy was ok with it.

Brattina88

:) what a lovely picture! I miss Grammy a lot! There's not a day that goes by that I see a thread and wonder what grammy would say... something kind, witty, and mostly likely something that'd make me laugh :D

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'm so glad to see that Ollie is loving his new home! He seems so content and happy... Grammy would be so happy to know that! :D

Bunny82

This is sad news. :(

I wish I have been around more often and have gotten to know Grammy better. :(

Members online