Anyone else USDAA?

BostonBanker

The big news is that USDAA nationals aka Cynosport games are going to be moving east next year after a bazillion years in Arizona. It is down to Philly or Kentucky. Both of which are considerably closer to Vermont than Arizona is.

I hate announcing goals because I don't like not achieving them - but I think we may try and qualify. I have no doubt that we would NOT be competitive at that level, but I think it would be incredibly fun to just go. We've gotten one Q in a qualifier (of the four we've done), but it was for this year's. I'm kind of thinking we may be able to get the needed Q's.

We've got one CPE trial already entered for December, and then I think I am going to all-out focus on USDAA (which I prefer anyway).

I know we have CPE, NADAC, and AAC people here - does anyone else do USDAA?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I do USDAA only - and hadn't heard about the move since I haven't talked to my USDAA friends recently. If it moves to KY that's only a relatively short drive for me!!! :)

Where can I find info on the requirements for qualifying? Z just completed her AD in 3 trials (4 days of running and a 100% Q rate in her Starters classes!) so I'd love to have something big to shoot for!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
We've only done it once... back in 2007. Did CPE all last year and have only done a couple CPE trials this year. We needed our weaves to be able to do it and we have that now... so hope to do other venues with Kiba once I have money.

Are you doing CPE Nationals at all next year?

BostonBanker

Where are CPE Nationals next year? I'm assuming that because we got them in the Northeast this year, they are moving on. I'd consider it if it was close; I think we are pretty much "qualified" anyway if I remember correctly. I did look into it last year, but my buddy that was going to do it with me wasn't able to, so I didn't bother.

I'm sure the requirements are on the USDAA website in the documents section. I for some reason can't open them on this computer, so I can't really confirm it. The qualifying is all done in the tournament classes - Team/Performance Versatility Pairs (for championship/performance respectively), Grand Prix/Performance National Standard, and Steeplechase/Performance Speed Jumping. I was too intimidated to enter the tournament classes until this year, but Meg has done fairly well in them at some big, well-attended trials, so I think if I can get to enough trials, it is feasible.

xpaeanx

I'm not *doing* any of them right now... but they are on the list of ones I would like to!

That being said, if they do move their nationals to philly.... we'll I'll do go just to watch!(and if your do enter I'll cheer for you!)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
CPE Nationals are in Florida next year at the end of May.

If we do go I'm either a) finding someone to travel with or most likely b) the rest of the family is going but they'll goto Disney or something.

BostonBanker

Ah, our big family vacation for next year is going to be Myrtle Beach in April, so I doubt I'll be hitting Florida the next month. I enjoy CPE, but USDAA is my real love, so I'd rather focus on that I suppose.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
USDAA is going to be our next venture... that or AKC. CPE it just takes to many Qs to get a title.

BostonBanker

Definitely go with USDAA :D. AKC doesn't have Snooker - what fun is that?

I was thinking about trying out AKC this year, mainly because I'm curious how Meg would do with the courses. They are sort of her style, so I think she'd do well. But now I think any money I have is going into USDAA. My friend who I usually do CPE with is having a baby late winter, so I'll probably skip those without someone to go with.

BostonBanker

Yup, VT/NH/MA is sort of my range. Breeze Thru in southern VT is the only CPE I usually do, although a member of our agility club runs one in Montpelier, so if I have that weekend off (I didn't last year), I'd do it for the convenience and support. I'm planning on All Dogs in NH (USDAA) in March. I really, really want to do the next BARK! trial in MA New Year's weekend - amazing site - but need to figure out the finances.

If you are interested in trying out USDAA, I HIGHLY recommend our club's trial in June. It's held in the wedding meadow at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. Really friendly one-ring trial, spectacular site, indoor bathrooms ( :D ).

Bear Luv

CEO of the Candy Cult
I am going to start USDAA Summer/Fall 2010 with Rush, so it would be a lot of fun I think to eventually try and Q for nats, especially if they were closer by, as I live in MD, and I would much rather drive then anything. As I have a feeling even if we ever Q for NADAC Nats we will never get to go, as they are almost always held in Washington.

Members online

No members online now.