Goofy dog quirks?

necterine0

My Odo does the same thing as Irish's Bear & Saje's Maverick. If I jump at him. He will fly through the house and jump onto the sofa then bank off the back of it and keep repeating. Then he will run up and pounce at me to get me to run...(Fat chance...lol) I just jump back and he takes off again.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Let's see... Dakota blows bubbles, with his nose, in the water bowl, but ONLY the water bowl in my bedroom. He totally ignores the other ones and their "fun value".
He thinks game boys are the root of all evil. As soon as he sees one come out, he gets a funny look on his face and backs away.
He doesn't think that anyone should be able to swim without him being right there, monitoring their every move. Certainly, diving underwater should never be allowed. He tries to stop this by jumping in the water and climbing on people's backs. (Usually pushing them underwater) When they go under, he freaks out and starts looking for them again. :rolleyes:
When he is bored, he will gather up every tennis ball in the house and place them all in a straight line. Then he'll lay down nearby and stare at the balls, to make sure they don't move. If one of us pesky humans knocks one of the balls out of line, he grumbles, gets up and puts it right back where it was originally, and continues staring at them. (with the occasional glare at whoever moved the ball)
He is OBSESSED with this laser pointer I got for him. He will go to the spot where I keep it, and just stare at it until I get it for him or until he falls asleep. When i do shine the light on the ground, he pounces on it and when I turn it off, he shoves his nose into my lap and waits for it to turn on again.

there are many, many more weird quirks of his... And I haven't even started on Ripley's! LOL! (Will share Rip's later)

avenlee

All these stories are hilarious. I've enjoyed reading everyone's dog's strange behavior.

Let me see, I would have to say Nora's most quirky behavior (and she has many) is when she plays a game with herself. She entertains herself sooo much. She will go to the top of our stairs with her beloved squeeky porcupine (most of the time or anything else that she has in her mouth at the time, including a golf ball) and let it go falling down the stairs. She will actually watch it falling. Then she'll go after it, pick it up and go back up the stairs and the whole process will begin again. Its so funny because we will be in the TV room and all we will see is the toy tumble down then comes Nora. My daughters will say "Nora's playing her game again"

And Sadie ... well Sadie's pretty laid back but the one thing that comes to mind is we have a bathroom off our bedroom with a Shower Stall and every night she will sit there in front of the stall waiting for us to run the water a bit so she can lick it up. Hehehe Me and the hubby would be in bed and I'd hear her come in and her nails hitting the tile and I'd mumble to the hubby "go run the water" LOL Then its about a 10 min. licking noise and then all is peaceful. She's such a pound walker too. I can tell wherever she goes in the house.

Oh, Rip's reminded me . . . Shiva and Kharma like to stick their heads underwater in their pool and blow bubbles. One blows bubbles and the other one bites the bubbles.

Shiva loves for me to throw toys in the pool for her and she sticks her head down in the water and gets them out.

Strange, strange dogs! I'd love to take them to a trout stream or someplace like that and see if they will catch fish. Once Shiva figures out that fish are food I'm sure she will, lol!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
I'd love to take them to a trout stream or someplace like that and see if they will catch fish. Once Shiva figures out that fish are food I'm sure she will, lol!
Come and visit me then!!! Gus can swim in the river and Shiva can catch us some dinner! ;)

ROFLMAO! You really think there would be any for us if Shiva caught it? She's really taken Bimmer's lessons to heart - you eat what you catch :D

She's also convinced that ALL food belongs to Shiva.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
You know, come to think of it, aren't Fila a banned breed in France?
Not sure!! The Dogo Argentino is still allowed here!!! And normally they are all clumped together in the same "Dangerous breed" Catagory! Plus the Dogue De Bordeaux is a formidable dog when up close to them!! I know Pit Bulls are banned but I will check! Be right Back! Lol!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Interesting!! No mention of Filas!! But the Staffie has a bad rep!

A.If your dog belongs to a breed recognized as dangerous dog, you cannot import this kind of dog in France (cat. 1). These breeds are :

any dog of the type known as the Staffordshire terrier without a pedigree.

any dog of the type known as the American Staffordshire terrier without a pedigree. (These types of dogs can be named « Pitbulls »

any dog of the type known as the Mastiff. (These types of dogs can be named « boerbulls »)

any dog of the type known as the Tosa without a pedigree.

B.Other breeds classified as guard dogs (cat. 2) with a pedigree can be imported into France :

Staffordshire terrier
American Staffordshire terrier
Rottweiler
Rottweiler and any dog of the type known as the Rottweiler without a pedigree.
Tosa

It is advisable to have a certificate that your dog has a pedigree.

I wonder how that would affect the Fila, since it's also known as the Brazillian Mastiff. I believe they are a banned breed in Germany, and I've been told they're banned in Australia, which is a shame, since they were born and bred to herd even the wildest cattle in harsh conditions and are impeccable against predators. Those huge livestock ranches in Australia would be much easier to manage with a pride of Fila on staff.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
I wonder how that would affect the Fila, since it's also known as the Brazillian Mastiff.
The Dogue De Bordeaux is also known as the French Mastiff, And the Dogo Argentino is the Argentinean Mastiff and they are not banned! I think if you sticked to calling them Filas you would be ok! ;)

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Oh my goodness there are too many quirks to count :D For starters if it is a saturday morning and Tim gets up to see the boys off and take Sunny out to potty and have breakfast,the second he is finished he will run upstairs and bark at our bedroom door. Tim will then rush upstairs to let him in to quiet him down so I can sleep longer (right, after the seranade of Sunny dog, that'll happen) he'll leap practically from the door onto the bed and lick my face until I open my eyes and cuddle him close. sometimes he will lay there and sleep with me, and sometimes he'll wiggle away and pull back the covers as if to say "TIME TO GET UP SILLY! TIME TO PLAY!" and bark at me in play stance. Also, if I seem to be taking too long at getting him his food he'll from where I told him to stay, stand on his hind legs and jump up to the edge of the counter (he's almost made it right into the sink!) and bark really loud once to say "what's taking so long?!" then go back to his spot and wait until I give him his food. (if he does this I make him wait longer...I think eventually he'll get it...maybe) He chases my shoe laces, or if I don't have shoe laces, the cuffs of my pants. If I have food he will do ALLLLL of his tricks to con me out of it. He'll pull the sheet that covers his crate into the crate if he wakes up before us and gets bored. Then he'll sit and muffle his barks so that we hear him but he isn't being so loud that we fuss at him. If that doesn't work he'll run back and forth in the crate to make it rattle, and get a toy and throw it against the sides. If we accidentally left a squeak toy in there :eek: he'll go to it with that until we get up and let him out. He follows me into the bathroom and tries to lick my underwear (eeeew) . He walks himself on the leash. (he takes the leash into his mouth and walks head high, trotting proudly around the park) he rolls his eyes at me. He sighs if he doesn't get what he wants . He'll flop down and make this low moaning noise and look up at me then flop his head back down. It looks just like a teenager when he's annoyed at you! :) There's more but this is getting long.

nedim

Iknow this thread is a few weeks old, but I have to ask this; does everyone's dog wipe their feet after taking a poop outside, or is it just my Peanut?

bubbatd

Nedim...alot of dogs do the scatching thing to cover their poop.....now, if you mean he wipes his feet on a rug before he enters the house.... you have a REAL winner !!

nedim

No, its like she poops, takes a few steps, wipes her feet a few times, then walks up the steps and inside we go.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
nedim said:
No, its like she poops, takes a few steps, wipes her feet a few times
Gus does that after peeing! Keeping the tootsies tidy is very important work! ;)
My mum's friend Noreen encouraged mum's dog Barley to do it and now he has taught Gus to do it! :rolleyes: Although Barley goes a bit over board and starts to "Moonwalk" now! He wipes his feet so much he actually moves backwards!! Lol! SO funny to see! :D

nedim

Gustav said:
Gus does that after peeing! Keeping the tootsies tidy is very important work! ;)
My mum's friend Noreen encouraged mum's dog Barley to do it and now he has taught Gus to do it! :rolleyes: Although Barley goes a bit over board and starts to "Moonwalk" now! He wipes his feet so much he actually moves backwards!! Lol! SO funny to see! :D

LOL a Michael Jackson impersonating dog. That is TOO funny. Does he know any good songs? :D

Members online

No members online now.