Shows That Make You Geek Out

Kootenay

For the Game of Thrones fans (who don't mind nonspecific/minor-ish spoilers and some possible hints leading to spoilers): An entire 14 minute foreshadowing video with clips from the upcoming season! AHHH.

[YOUTUBE]J5iS3tULXMQ[/YOUTUBE]
EPIC! Thanks for posting :D

teacuptiger

floor dancer
My type is anything preternatural/with monsters.... So, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Doctor Who.

I also love Sherlock. I used to love Vampire Diaries, but idk anymore.

It's really awesome, I hope you can find it. A couple of episodes were iffy (just got a little *too* far out there for a minute) a while back, but it rebounded and is better than ever.

Whenever I mention Teen Wolf to someone who hasn't seen it, they make the mistake of comparing it to the cheesy 80's movie and act like I'm crazy for watching it. It's so not like that at all. It's actually very serious at times, very dark at times, and appropriately comedic at times.

Plus, Tyler Hoechlin is not hard on the eyes... at all. :p
Yay! That's good to hear.

Though, super annoyed now because I looked it up and apparently Netflix just got rid of it in December. Ugh!! I wanted to watch it! Hopefully they get it back

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, you were including movies in the OP!
I geek the hell out when I find someone who also loves classic movies (as in 1960 and earlier). But then they're never as neurotically obsessed as I am so I get all disappointed. :p

Equinox

For the Game of Thrones fans (who don't mind nonspecific/minor-ish spoilers and some possible hints leading to spoilers): An entire 14 minute foreshadowing video with clips from the upcoming season! AHHH.

[YOUTUBE]J5iS3tULXMQ[/YOUTUBE]
Here is also a compilation of 100 screenshots from the video that someone else posted online: http://imgur.com/a/7f3AL

Some of the sequences went by pretty fast so I really appreciated these frame by frame images. Again, there are spoilers for Season 4!
EPIC! Thanks for posting :D
I swear my heart was racing throughout the entire first sequence (and afterwards/at the last bit). IT IS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING SEASON. I am SO pumped. And no problem, I had to share! I think it was just released yesterday and that they haven't done something like this for the last few seasons before, so I thought it was really cool.

I hae no volume on my work computer!!!!

Tease. :p
Did you end up watching it without volume, or did you find another way? Because I think that needs to remedied ASAP and you must race home immediately ;)

Omg epic dragon shot was epic.
I know. Definitely a HOLY SH** moment. That CGI -
http://i.imgur.com/XlCLgOI.gif

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I watched with subtitles but will definitely watch with sound when I get home!!!

I'm so stoked for a lot of the things that will happen this season. So stoked.

Equinox

I watched with subtitles but will definitely watch with sound when I get home!!!

I'm so stoked for a lot of the things that will happen this season. So stoked.
The Red Viper and Ellaria were perfectly cast. I feel like he's going to portray Oberyn very well, and that makes me so happy because I love the Martells + the Dornish. Episode 4 of Season 3 was epic, but I feel like Season 4 is going to be one of the most exciting seasons of the series.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I wore a shirt to Mira's hunt tests (brown, so legal) that read "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" with the silhouettes of two dinosaurs.

At the first test, a judge really liked it and wanted one because she thought it was too perfect for hunt tests where things can be going swimmingly (literally) then go to pieces in a moment if your dog goes suddenly selectively deaf or decides he knows best or just has a wild hair that day. I just said it was from a television show.

At the second test weekend, a fellow competitor recognized it and was cracking up, which was fun. Firefly fans, unite :)

Mostly though I fall hard for books over shows. And generally am very not happy when my favorite books turn into shows/movies, especially if they gain a huge show/movie-only following. I'm not sure why it bothers me so, but it does.

Taqroy

Ugh, yeah. So much this. Honestly just hearing how many fans gushing over it being "not just a show" and the best thing to happen since sliced bread... just makes me automatically weirded out by the fan, and then somehow the show by default. Except in my case this was before ever watching the show, so I had a bad taste in my mouth going in, was completely unimpressed and couldn't continue.
I think the same thing would have happened to me if I'd realized the extent of the fandom before I watched it. :|

This happened. And I couldn't even get through the second episode. So incredibly cheesy.
*waits for torches and pitchforks* :eek:
It IS cheesy. That's part of why I love it. :lol-sign: I have no problem with people not liking popular things - I hate Breaking Bad. The entire plot of the show bothers me but I think I was majorly influenced (in a bad way) by all the insane internet hype about it being "OMG BEST SHOW EVAR". Torch and pitchfork me as you will.

Ugh, yeah. So much this. Honestly just hearing how many fans gushing over it being "not just a show" and the best thing to happen since sliced bread... just makes me automatically weirded out by the fan, and then somehow the show by default. Except in my case this was before ever watching the show, so I had a bad taste in my mouth going in, was completely unimpressed and couldn't continue.
Yeah, I hear you. I think if I had encountered the superfans before I watched the show I would have felt the same way. Same with Sherlock - I do genuinely like the show, but a lot of the fans are a little too...intense.

Equinox

I think the same thing would have happened to me if I'd realized the extent of the fandom before I watched it. :|

It IS cheesy. That's part of why I love it. :lol-sign: I have no problem with people not liking popular things - I hate Breaking Bad. The entire plot of the show bothers me but I think I was majorly influenced (in a bad way) by all the insane internet hype about it being "OMG BEST SHOW EVAR". Torch and pitchfork me as you will.
Oh yeah, I'm not a fan of cheesy in TV shows. Like, cheesy Disney? Sure! Some mushy corny rom com? Sign me up and let the crying commence!

But cheesy TV shows? Ehhhhhh no. That's like, 65% of the reason why I couldn't watch Supernatural. Too corny. Same goes for Once Upon a Time, except times like, a bazillion. Because holy corn on top of cheese on top of predictability on top of bad writing.

I've been trying to get into Breaking Bad but just never really had the motivation, plus the first episode was sort of boring. I'm really HOPING it lives up to the internet hype because I want so bad to have another TV show that excites me, but I don't really have super high hopes either. That is the one thing about hyped up TV shows... and that's why when I introduce someone to a show I love (like Game of Thrones), I specify that no, this isn't going to change your life, but it is a **** good show.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I wore a shirt to Mira's hunt tests (brown, so legal) that read "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" with the silhouettes of two dinosaurs.

At the first test, a judge really liked it and wanted one because she thought it was too perfect for hunt tests where things can be going swimmingly (literally) then go to pieces in a moment if your dog goes suddenly selectively deaf or decides he knows best or just has a wild hair that day. I just said it was from a television show.

At the second test weekend, a fellow competitor recognized it and was cracking up, which was fun. Firefly fans, unite :)

Mostly though I fall hard for books over shows. And generally am very not happy when my favorite books turn into shows/movies, especially if they gain a huge show/movie-only following. I'm not sure why it bothers me so, but it does.
Also this. But the "narnia" books were fairly well done ... A lot more well done then the Harry potter ones, I can't help but think what could have been had walden media gotten the rights to HP instead of Warner bros :/

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've been trying to get into Breaking Bad but just never really had the motivation, plus the first episode was sort of boring. I'm really HOPING it lives up to the internet hype because I want so bad to have another TV show that excites me, but I don't really have super high hopes either.
Supposedly it gets better.
Either that or your standards get lower.

I don't like it either.

On the subject of Sherlock, I also think...
*looks around*
*whispers*
Benedict Cumberbatch is really unattractive.

Equinox

Yeah, I hear you. I think if I had encountered the superfans before I watched the show I would have felt the same way. Same with Sherlock - I do genuinely like the show, but a lot of the fans are a little too...intense.
Yeah, that's been my experience with Sherlock, too. It's really, really good, especially considering that I don't normally like crime shows. But it's not really blow my mind and make me wait anxiously for each coming season amazing? From a technical aspect it's excellent, but it just didn't do it for me and the hype was probably a big reason why.

Also, my roommate keeps trying to convince me how great looking ("unconventionally handsome") Sherlock/Cumberpatchkid is, and I just don't see it. He looks like a lizard.

And I love that actor, the little guy. I can't think of his darn name but I really really like him. I personally don't think he gets a fair shake as an actor.
Peter Dinklage? Haha have you spoken to the GOT fans recently? EVERYONE loves Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. He gets some of the highest praise of all the actors on the show, and that's saying something :)

Supposedly it gets better.
Either that or your standards get lower.

I don't like it either.
Yeah, I watched it at a time when I literally had nothing else to do except walk in straight line. And it still didn't hold my attention. I HOPE it gets better, but I don't know. I really will try again, eventually, but I just don't think I'll ever feel up to it. It's been in my Netflix queue forever.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
There are a lot of cheesy shows I like, but Doctor Who- could not handle the cheese. And the acting. . .maybe better left unsaid. :D

Members online

No members online now.