The Venting Thread

FG167

Oh no! Vibes for Aikon!

My vet told me to wait until a year to see if Recon's second nut would drop. Turns out he doesn't have a second!
What do you mean? It's just missing? Is Recon neutered?

I'm pretty tore up on this pup...the limping, the "episode", the one testicle....makes showing him and competing him difficult. He'll be a tiny male with no secondary sex characteristics...and of course I'm terrified about if he has any more episodes...I'm just heartbroken today.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy

I'm pretty tore up on this pup...the limping, the "episode", the one testicle....makes showing him and competing him difficult. He'll be a tiny male with no secondary sex characteristics...and of course I'm terrified about if he has any more episodes...I'm just heartbroken today.
:( how are his siblings?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Just got a phone call from my bosses telling me that my fellow staff are pretty fed up with me. That they understand the stress of the past few months, but that they've reached their limit.

We had the "what direction do you want to go" talk.

My answer was finding a new job in the next two months.

Sigh.

FG167

Apparently they are all fine. There were 11, he was the smallest male, and I'm the only one with Pano, cryptorchid, and an "episode". Just bad luck? He was the breeder's pick male, she would've kept him but wasn't ready yet for her next competition dog. I've emailed other breeders that I trust/respect, and/or have had litters with Aikon's father (Figo). They haven't had anything like this pop up from their Figo litters, and the episode thing is a weird thing. One pretty much said to place him, if he's had this many problems at 6 months, sport work is probably not for him...

I normally don't get super attached to my puppies...they're all little monsters that poop, pee, bite, scream etc. I didn't like Kastle until he was over a year old (he was a TERRIBLE puppy). If KASTLE had these problems at 6 months, I'd have placed him in a pet home and started looking for my IPO dog...but Aikon is...SO STINKIN' SWEET. He's such a dear, I'm already so attached. But, I already have one "iffy" dog (Limit), and I don't really have room to have another dog that does nothing but is drivey and needs structured activities...I just...don't even know what to do. I'm taking a week...or two, to decide :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I really feel like I need to shake things up. I feel... Stagnant.

I keep thinking if only I could buy my house things will get better. I need to buckle down and get serious about things.

I quit. I give up. I will never be good enough and I will never be worth defending. Looks like I'm moving back to Arizona. I don't even want to be at work today, but here I am.

Red Chrome

Is he truly cryptorchid? Can you feel the ball in the area beside the penis? Sometimes, you can and if you, gross I know, can massage it down into the sack. Sometimes they will still stay that way. I recently showed a Malinois owner how to do this, albeit his puppy was a lot younger and now the ball is in the sack and seems to be staying there. Sherman is tiny too, at last weigh in, he was 55 lbs. He will mature around 60 and his head is pretty bitchy.

Apparently they are all fine. There were 11, he was the smallest male, and I'm the only one with Pano, cryptorchid, and an "episode". Just bad luck? He was the breeder's pick male, she would've kept him but wasn't ready yet for her next competition dog. I've emailed other breeders that I trust/respect, and/or have had litters with Aikon's father (Figo). They haven't had anything like this pop up from their Figo litters, and the episode thing is a weird thing. One pretty much said to place him, if he's had this many problems at 6 months, sport work is probably not for him...

I normally don't get super attached to my puppies...they're all little monsters that poop, pee, bite, scream etc. I didn't like Kastle until he was over a year old (he was a TERRIBLE puppy). If KASTLE had these problems at 6 months, I'd have placed him in a pet home and started looking for my IPO dog...but Aikon is...SO STINKIN' SWEET. He's such a dear, I'm already so attached. But, I already have one "iffy" dog (Limit), and I don't really have room to have another dog that does nothing but is drivey and needs structured activities...I just...don't even know what to do. I'm taking a week...or two, to decide :(
What's his breeder say? If he is truly cryptorchid, I'd send him back to the breeder or neuter and place depending on contract. Unless you don't mind him being neutered and still working? That is a sucky place to be in.

My vent....My dog is an asshole.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Me too! I'm so over this! I'm tired, my hip hurts, and my boss is difficult to deal with. My house is a disaster area, and DH is complaining about the hours I'm working. I'm tired of being tired, in pain, and displeasing people in the process...

FG167

Is he truly cryptorchid? Can you feel the ball in the area beside the penis? Sometimes, you can and if you, gross I know, can massage it down into the sack. Sometimes they will still stay that way. I recently showed a Malinois owner how to do this, albeit his puppy was a lot younger and now the ball is in the sack and seems to be staying there. Sherman is tiny too, at last weigh in, he was 55 lbs. He will mature around 60 and his head is pretty bitchy.

What's his breeder say? If he is truly cryptorchid, I'd send him back to the breeder or neuter and place depending on contract. Unless you don't mind him being neutered and still working? That is a sucky place to be in.

My vent....My dog is an asshole.
I'm at work and have been since I read this, but I will definitely be going home and checking if I can feel the other. I am inclined to think it's too late but willing to try.

Spoken to the breeder...she's fine taking him back per the contract for 80% of his purchase price. I sort of feel like it's a lose-lose. I either keep the puppy I love that is not going to be able to do all that I want (and that's not even touching if he actually did have a seizure), OR give him back and break my heart...I just don't like making these decisions, they blow.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Why do I have to be so squeamish?! I absolutely love my new job. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it. But I don't feel like a receptionist at a vet clinic is a long-term career option. I'd love to be a tech, but as of right now I'm too squeamish for that to work.

Maybe someday I'll get over it? :/

Members online

No members online now.