Obama/Biden versus Romney/Ryan?

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I can't vote as I'm not a citizen, but if I could I'd definitely vote for Obama.

Ill likely vote independent again, same as last time. My hard lefty brother isnt going to vote for Obamao, so maybe he is learning finaly.

Obamao has lived up to only one of his promises, and with that I stand to be unemployed again. thanks Obamoa supporters.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I love how these threads stay civil for so long (and really, I'd like this one to continue because I tend to learn a LOT from these threads) and then a certain few members come in guns loaded and they go to crap.

As for who I will vote for, well, I need to figure out how the heck to vote first since technically I am still a PA resident, I think. I have a PA license.

Miakoda

Scooby and Shaggy. :D :p

With that said, I have to vote the opposite of Obama. Our debt isn't even fathomable. He's overstepping his bounds in terms of for ing even more governmental legislation into our lives, specifically that which has no business being done do. His health care plan is an atomic bomb waiting to drop. He went about it all wrong, and all my family will see out of it is reduced availability of doctors (I know many planning to retire if/when "Obamacare" goes into affect....and these are the intelligent, quality doctors we need MORE of!), a ridiculous increase in insurance premiums, and a decrease in overall coverage. Then again, I'm not one who believes we are entitled to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and "free" healthcare.

With that said, I despise Romney. He creeps me out. But Obama comes across as self-centered and uncaring about anyone besides himself and what he wants (talk is cheap ), so it really is like having to choose between HIV or AIDS.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I'll be voting for Obama. I don't think he's done too bad of a job actually. Do I agree with everything he's done? No. But I agree on the big things and it's nice to have a C&C on the world stage who isn't a complete joke.

Frankly the current republican platform is so horrible I can't imagine voting for either of those two douches. One will say ANYTHING to get elected to the point where people in his own party don't know what he thinks and the other is so far to the right I can't see one thing to agree with him on... about anything.

Doberluv

Scooby and Shaggy. :D :p

With that said, I have to vote the opposite of Obama. Our debt isn't even fathomable. He's overstepping his bounds in terms of for ing even more governmental legislation into our lives, specifically that which has no business being done do. His health care plan is an atomic bomb waiting to drop. He went about it all wrong, and all my family will see out of it is reduced availability of doctors (I know many planning to retire if/when "Obamacare" goes into affect....and these are the intelligent, quality doctors we need MORE of!), a ridiculous increase in insurance premiums, and a decrease in overall coverage. Then again, I'm not one who believes we are entitled to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and "free" healthcare.

With that said, I despise Romney. He creeps me out. But Obama comes across as self-centered and uncaring about anyone besides himself and what he wants (talk is cheap ), so it really is like having to choose between HIV or AIDS.
All of this, and particularly the bolded parts are what scare the bejeezes out of me the most. So yeah....anyone but Obama. He's a narcissistic phony who is all about big government control. Very scary.:eek:

Bailey08

My vote and (probably more importantly!) my campaign contributions are going for Obama.

Barbara!

I will vote for Obama.

While I agree that he hadn't been as fiscally responsible as he should have been (what with the stimulus), but most of the deficit is genuinely not his fault, just what he inherited from Bush. He inherited a war, and several costly bills/policies...most of which he put an end to first chance he got. So while the debt was accumulated with him in office, it wasn't necessarily his policies and his bills and his decisions that put it all there. I genuinely believe he wants what is best for the middle class, and he advocates for the rights of women to their bodies and gay marriage...and recently those things have been showing up in his votes. He also wants to strengthen education where it needs to be strengthened instead of making monumental and possibly detrimental and costly reforms. He also wants to make college more available to those who can not afford it, and make college for those who want to dedicate their lives to teach a free ride for them. He wants to strengthen the screening process for welfare and food stamp recipients, another thing I agree with. (Although the Republican party has taken this and ran with it... Claiming Obama wants to give checks to everyone because they want to eliminate government funding completely.) Obama also wants to lower interest rates that credit companies offer, making it to where they can not take more than 30% interest. He also wants to tax the rich a little more, and tax the poor a little less. Something ELSE I agree with. Now, he does do things I don't agree with... He used to (I think he has changed his tune) agree to public company bailouts, but since then he hasn't given a statement as to what he will do if it happens again. While I love the idea of universal cheap healthcare, the Affordable Care Act was passed before anyone even read all of it...and some heinous things are coming out now that people are finally reading it. I agree with universal health care, and I agree with taxing those who choose not to get this universal healthcare (because we will end up paying their premiums either way), but I'm not sure how I feel about implementing such a huge reform in the middle of a recession. Obama also has some worrying views on abortion and child treatment... He doesn't think partial birth abortion is wrong. I vehemently do. That's just to show my personal pros and cons of Obama.

Now...Romney/Ryan...
I genuinely can not stand them. I think Romney may have been able to handle our countries deficit quite well, but I don't have a clue why he picked Ryan... A man who agrees with George Bush on 94% of issues. We really don't need another Bush in office. Romney/Ryan want to tax the poor/middle 63%... While lowering the tax for the rich to less than half that percentage. Makes me sick to my stomach. They also both want to ban the adoptions of babies to gay parents. And ban gay marriage. Which of course I'm not surprised by from conservatives. They want to make birth contraceptive almost impossible to get, as they put contraceptive and abortion both on the same "murder" wagon. Their definition of the "family unit" is leading them to say some nasty things, IMO, where Paul Ryan even asked a woman who was a single mother if she would consider putting her child up for adoption,since it has been proven that children thrive better in a full and wholesome "family unit". If anyone is wanting to make laws to take away rights...it's Romney/Ryan and I honestly feel its because they are fueling most of their social policies with their religion. Do I hate religion? No...but I don't think anyone should base their laws off of it. Not everyone follows the same religion and not everyone should be forced to. Anyways, as far as economics, Romney has some extreme ideas, but he plans to get the money to fix the deficit from taxing the poor and he plans to create more jobs by not taxing the rich...which I disagree with. Paul Ryan is just ridiculous... He is just another Sarah Palin. And, the biggest thing for me against both of them...they want to eradicate social security, Medicare, and welfare. Not fine tune, eradicate. No one will be able to get government aid anymore, if they have their way. Which...makes me sick to my stomach for the elderly and disabled that will suffer because of it. They also want to cut the funding to government programs which pay for college tuition...because Romney feels you should only get as much education as you can afford. There are just so many points against Romney/Ryan for me that I couldn't possibly imagine voting for either one of them.

Which is why my vote will be for Obama. Also, keep in mind, this is all my OPINION. Lol.

Dreeza

I'll likely vote Obama as I do see him as the lesser of two evils. According to several tests/quizzes, my politics more closely align with the Green Party candidate, but I won't vote for hopeless causes, especially when I'm so worried about the implications of the greater of two evils.

ugh, I get so torn on things like this. I totally get what you are saying...

but i seriously have to wonder...if everyone were magically well educated fairly on each candidate...I find it hard to believe that one of the 'hopeless' parties might have a chance. Maybe not though :/

It is just SUCH an odd concept that so many people agree that they all suck...yet we can't do much about it.

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
I will vote for Obama.

While I agree that he hadn't been as fiscally responsible as he should have been (what with the stimulus), but most of the deficit is genuinely not his fault, just what he inherited from Bush. He inherited a war, and several costly bills/policies...most of which he put an end to first chance he got. So while the debt was accumulated with him in office, it wasn't necessarily his policies and his bills and his decisions that put it all there. I genuinely believe he wants what is best for the middle class, and he advocates for the rights of women to their bodies and gay marriage...and recently those things have been showing up in his votes. He also wants to strengthen education where it needs to be strengthened instead of making monumental and possibly detrimental and costly reforms. He also wants to make college more available to those who can not afford it, and make college for those who want to dedicate their lives to teach a free ride for them. He wants to strengthen the screening process for welfare and food stamp recipients, another thing I agree with. (Although the Republican party has taken this and ran with it... Claiming Obama wants to give checks to everyone because they want to eliminate government funding completely.) Obama also wants to lower interest rates that credit companies offer, making it to where they can not take more than 30% interest. He also wants to tax the rich a little more, and tax the poor a little less. Something ELSE I agree with. Now, he does do things I don't agree with... He used to (I think he has changed his tune) agree to public company bailouts, but since then he hasn't given a statement as to what he will do if it happens again. While I love the idea of universal cheap healthcare, the Affordable Care Act was passed before anyone even read all of it...and some heinous things are coming out now that people are finally reading it. I agree with universal health care, and I agree with taxing those who choose not to get this universal healthcare (because we will end up paying their premiums either way), but I'm not sure how I feel about implementing such a huge reform in the middle of a recession. Obama also has some worrying views on abortion and child treatment... He doesn't think partial birth abortion is wrong. I vehemently do. That's just to show my personal pros and cons of Obama.

Now...Romney/Ryan...
I genuinely can not stand them. I think Romney may have been able to handle our countries deficit quite well, but I don't have a clue why he picked Ryan... A man who agrees with George Bush on 94% of issues. We really don't need another Bush in office. Romney/Ryan want to tax the poor/middle 63%... While lowering the tax for the rich to less than half that percentage. Makes me sick to my stomach. They also both want to ban the adoptions of babies to gay parents. And ban gay marriage. Which of course I'm not surprised by from conservatives. They want to make birth contraceptive almost impossible to get, as they put contraceptive and abortion both on the same "murder" wagon. Their definition of the "family unit" is leading them to say some nasty things, IMO, where Paul Ryan even asked a woman who was a single mother if she would consider putting her child up for adoption,since it has been proven that children thrive better in a full and wholesome "family unit". If anyone is wanting to make laws to take away rights...it's Romney/Ryan and I honestly feel its because they are fueling most of their social policies with their religion. Do I hate religion? No...but I don't think anyone should base their laws off of it. Not everyone follows the same religion and not everyone should be forced to. Anyways, as far as economics, Romney has some extreme ideas, but he plans to get the money to fix the deficit from taxing the poor and he plans to create more jobs by not taxing the rich...which I disagree with. Paul Ryan is just ridiculous... He is just another Sarah Palin. And, the biggest thing for me against both of them...they want to eradicate social security, Medicare, and welfare. Not fine tune, eradicate. No one will be able to get government aid anymore, if they have their way. Which...makes me sick to my stomach for the elderly and disabled that will suffer because of it. They also want to cut the funding to government programs which pay for college tuition...because Romney feels you should only get as much education as you can afford. There are just so many points against Romney/Ryan for me that I couldn't possibly imagine voting for either one of them.

Which is why my vote will be for Obama. Also, keep in mind, this is all my OPINION. Lol.
THIS.

Romney scares the hell out of me. I feel that if I vote for him, I lose my rights as a woman.

No one will be able to get government aid anymore, if they have their way. .
Now that just isn't true at all.

I'm sure those at the top will still get huge gov't contracts and subsidies and their friends that have spent years lining their pockets to get elected, will reap the rewards of all those bribes.....campaign donations.

ugh, I get so torn on things like this. I totally get what you are saying...

but i seriously have to wonder...if everyone were magically well educated fairly on each candidate...I find it hard to believe that one of the 'hopeless' parties might have a chance. Maybe not though :/

It is just SUCH an odd concept that so many people agree that they all suck...yet we can't do much about it.
"We" can't do much about it because so many people have bought into the bullshit that there are only two viable parties.

The reason there are only two viable parties is because you've drunk the KoolAid.

Take your support to a candidate you CAN believe in and the two viable parties suddenly aren't so strong anymore . . . That's the only way to take our lives back from the oligarchy, to THINK INDEPENDENTLY.

Members online

No members online now.