Royal Canin Puppy food?

Richie12345

Royal Canin isn't bad right? We read the ingredients, and it seems to have the most nutrition than others we checked

showpug

I think Royal Canin is just fine :) BTW, your puppy is very cute and I am so happy to see that you got a pooch!!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
royal canin is not great, one of the better mainstream foods, but it's expensive. it definitely beats the heck out of purina, science diet, nutro and so on, but doesn't measure up to innova, canidae, eagle pack etc.

you can get much better quality brands for the same price as you'd pay for royal canin.

the drawback is that you most likely won't find the really good brands at the big chain stores like petco or petsmart. i know petco is doing a little better these days, they sell eagle pack through their website and in some stores, and some also sell solid gold, but you are really much better off shopping at a small, local chain or individual store.

petsmart only offers one brand of food worth looking at: blue buffalo. it's quite expensive tho, you can get most other high-end brands for less.

if you want to support the san diego SPCA, they sell natura foods at their 5500 gaines street location. (619) 243-3451.

showpug

Mordy...how does Blue Buffalo measure up to Innova Evo? If you had to say one was better than the other which one would it be?

Fran27

I'm with Mordy - I found out after 5 months that feeding Innova was cheaper than Nutro/RC etc.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
blue buffalo isn't bad. it's overpriced tho, for what it offers. i've found it to be more expensive than innova (which it was designed to be a knock-off of) and the manufacturer isn't as open and forthcoming about ingredient information as the folks at natura.

that being said, it's definitely one of the better foods, but it does contain menadione.

Members online

No members online now.