Yikes!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Disclaimer: This post is not a rant against pits or off-leash parks, simply about the following incident and the sheer stupidity of some people.

I was out at the park this morning and met up with my normal group. It's quiet at 8:30 in the morning and it's always the same people, so it's about as safe a time to go as any. Both dogs love running through the woods. Anyway, as we were walking, the guy who owns to CC's, one of which is a 1 1/2-ish year old male named Bear. Nice dog. He was telling us how on Tuesday evening a group of effing retarded junkies decided it would be a good idea to bring their SUPER-aggressive pit bull to the park, take him off leash right next to Bear and stood back to the watch the fight. The pit immedietly latched on to Bear's neck, while Bear took full-advantage of the loose skin, whipped his head around and lit into the pit. I don't know how long the fight lasted, but after the junkies pulled the pit out of Bear's mouth, Bear didn't have a scratch on him while the side of the pit's head was now a big gaping wound. I'm not one to cheer on a dog's suffering, and the dog was only doing what he was being trained to do, but serves him right! The guys were just dumbfounded, that their dog had just gotten his as* handed to him in a sling. Apparently this was one of those HUGE pits too.

It made my blood boil to hear this, because the guy also has a 3 month old female CC, and I shudder to think what would have happened if the pit got her instead of Bear. Bear's owner didn't call the rangers, because by the time they would have showed up the group with the pit would have been long gone, and he was afraid they were going to tell him he had to keep Bear on a leash from now on as well. Bear is a very soft dog most of the time; Sawyer likes to wrestle with him.

I just can't fathom what in the Sam Hill those pit guys could have been thinking! What a way to get arrested, your dog put down and probably their as*es handed to them in a sling as well, because I can almost guarantee that had anything else happened, they wouldn't have made it back to the parking lot in one piece.

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
Some people really are disgusting, aren't they?

I just don't understand the mentality behind violence as entertainment. To watch any living being die in a brutal way- yuck. I think that there should be spay-neuter contracts on some *people.*

mojozen

bullie lover
It's people like those that make it hard for people like me to keep our dogs.

aka

irresponsibility + inflated egos = everyone suffers the consequences.

I'm glad Bear is okay. I'm sure they just killed the pit for being a "loser," when they got away from the park.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i hope they get the wound treated. I hope they tell their vet what happens, i hope he can report it to the authorities. Can vets do that?

Kase

Thats awful, I can't believe they actually wanted their dog to fight just for their own enjoyment, it's sick.

R

rottiegirl

I dont even want to know what the pit owners are going to do to their dog, but I dont think its going to be good.

It shows exactly what happends at my dog park way too often. Its sad.

D

Dobiegurl

That is exactly why I don't go to dog parks. Too many stupid, irresponsible owners, regardless of the breed they own (but unfortuntaly pit bulls have the bad owners drawn to them). I know if something like that happened to Chico the dog and the owners would not have left in one piece.

filarotten

Fila the love
I hope the CC owner ripped the idiots... a new one.

Forget spay and neuter of humans like this...do a lobotomy.

Members online

No members online now.