Carma; 10 months

Hard to believe she's already in the double digits! Still just a peanut at about 50lbs, but she is just right for me ;)

10/25/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

10/26/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

She is doing really, really well. She came into heat this month and I of course expected the worst, but she has been such a good girl. She blew her coat completely, so she is a bit naked right now, but otherwise you would have no idea she was in full blown heat. Her drive level and attitude has remained the same so far, which I am thankful for.

This is the most recent video of obedience from tonight. I'm happy with the way she is progressing.

[YOUTUBE]TZh0Wmb-43Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUej_BHg9iAW0obB7jQfr89w[/YOUTUBE]

And one from earlier this month of her running 6 big blinds on the field. She has since moved on to running them at the full field length.

[YOUTUBE]Z8C-Q5SBQZI&list=UUej_BHg9iAW0obB7jQfr89w[/YOUTUBE]

She is a cool little fluffy dog for sure :p

Thanks for looking!

FG167

Her position is fantastic! Her motion was crazy fast too, very nice! I wish I looked even half that natural when I did the ball in the armpit! So jealous.

Um, is that the field behind your HOUSE?!?! Lucky girl if it is!

Toller_08

It's crazy that she is 10 months old already. She's growing into a beautiful girl! And I always enjoy your videos. :)

DJEtzel

I can't believe she's already/only 10 months old! It seems like she was just a little ball of fluff, but she's doing so awesome.

Seriously now, how much do I have to pay you to come teach my dogs some nice heelwork like that, or make a very dumbed down video for me!? XD

Also, hope asking a question is alright. I know a lot of basics to obedience, but since I've never shown or been involved in the training world, I don't know what is "proper" in some cases... at ~:38 in it looks she is almost leaning into your leg so that when you pull your left leg forward for your step, you kind of nudge her. IS that what's happening, and if so, is that "ok"? I ask because Frag does this during his much sloppier, slower heel... when my leg comes back he moves in a bit so I kind of shove him when it comes back forward. :/ I don't think we could ever compete in obedience anyway, but... you know, curiousity!

I think Carma is definitely one of my favorite forum dogs... ever. Maybe I'm just in love with your entire crew. :p

I can't believe she's already/only 10 months old! It seems like she was just a little ball of fluff, but she's doing so awesome.

Seriously now, how much do I have to pay you to come teach my dogs some nice heelwork like that, or make a very dumbed down video for me!? XD

Also, hope asking a question is alright. I know a lot of basics to obedience, but since I've never shown or been involved in the training world, I don't know what is "proper" in some cases... at ~:38 in it looks she is almost leaning into your leg so that when you pull your left leg forward for your step, you kind of nudge her. IS that what's happening, and if so, is that "ok"? I ask because Frag does this during his much sloppier, slower heel... when my leg comes back he moves in a bit so I kind of shove him when it comes back forward. :/ I don't think we could ever compete in obedience anyway, but... you know, curiousity!

I think Carma is definitely one of my favorite forum dogs... ever. Maybe I'm just in love with your entire crew. :p
Lol, Thank you! And ask away!

At :38, she is pushing/crowding. I specifically made this video for myself to see her behavior in heeling when I have the ball in my armpit vs. when I have the ball in my left hand outside her head. I like the pracing behavior and the energy that she shows a little better with the ball in my armpit, but I noticed that she is a little too pushy with it there too. Also, if you look at her rear, she starts to swing out just a tad bit wider than I would like her to be. She has a straighter, more correct position with the ball outside her head to the left. You can tell the difference between that and her heeling at 2:50. It's a trial and error right now between reward placement and the pace of my walking to find the perfect position for her.

DJEtzel

Lol, Thank you! And ask away!

At :38, she is pushing/crowding. I specifically made this video for myself to see her behavior in heeling when I have the ball in my armpit vs. when I have the ball in my left hand outside her head. I like the pracing behavior and the energy that she shows a little better with the ball in my armpit, but I noticed that she is a little too pushy with it there too. Also, if you look at her rear, she starts to swing out just a tad bit wider than I would like her to be. She has a straighter, more correct position with the ball outside her head to the left. You can tell the difference between that and her heeling at 2:50. It's a trial and error right now between reward placement and the pace of my walking to find the perfect position for her.
PERFECT. Thank you for the explanation. I'm going to watch again a few times. :)

Equinox

Carma is just the coolest girl. When in the world did she grow up??! Geez, she is a stunning girl!

Members online

No members online now.