Dog won't leave my side

neko48604

For the last couple of weeks my dog well not leave my side. He a 9 year old lab/chow and he never been a clingy dog. If he wants attention he will come to you. I moved into my boyfriends house about 3 months ago and he was fine everyone give him a lot of attention because my bf parents dogs die about 3 years so they been missing a dog and so glad when i brought him to live. Now about 2 weeks ago he won't leave my side he been trying to sleep with me and my boyfriend and that can't happen he trying to get between us and everything he trys to sit on me all the time. I go into the bathroom and he sit and whins at the door. The funny thing is when no one home but me and him he doesnt even know i'm there he just sleeps all day till people get home them he get clingy.

Can any one tell why. Please

yoko

Sounds like a situational velcro dog XD

In all seriousness though has anything else changed? Drastic changes in behavior is usually pretty worrying to me in my super paranoid mind.

neko48604

Not really just wants to be around me all the time. It gets tiring like i love him sooo much. Don't think i don't but i need so peace like in the bathroom. He been sleeping on the bed next to me the last 3 hours and my bf is sitting on the floor cuz there no room for him. but his behavior is all fine to me nothing seems to be different. I don't don't know if i should worry or not.

Not at all - he's just a little lovebuggy that wants to be around and appreciates his people. My puppy is rather laid back at home - she will want to be in my proximity but she's not in my face (unless it's play time or I have liver) - really independent, but very affectionate in her own ways - which is nice to not feel suffocated and to, like you say - have your own space at times =). But that's just in her breed...

yoko

I have a velcro dog and haven't had alone/peaceful bathroom time for about 7 years.

neko48604

Its just weird because he just started this. I mean he dosen't like people yelling and runs to me when people do yell. So i don't know if that been the cause. because his mom talks really loud and she almost deaf. I just thought it was weird because he use to be very independent and now it's me me me lol

Members online

No members online now.