Both my dogs eat crabgrass.

Back40

My 2 mix breeds (Noah and Sophie) both eat crabgrass daily. They have been doing this for months. I have them on Call of the Wild and California Natural. I feed them morning and early evening. Their stool is solid and they have not shown any signs of having upset stomachs such as guteral sounds or vomiting.

Your thoughts and/or advice is much appreciated?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
My dogs love crabgrass! they are just fine too and also on a premium food. I wouldnt worry. maybe they like how it tastes

Boemy

My dog and my mom's cat loooooved crabgrass. Frequently I would see them walking around the perimeter of the yard, cropping the stuff that the lawnmower couldn't get. :lol-sign: They never vomited or had upset stomachs either. I think they just liked the taste of grass!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer grazes like a freaking cow. I've given up trying to understand why and just make sure he doesn't eat *too* much of it, because occasionally he's hurk up a grass-ball and then I have to shampoo the carpets.

Zero rips up and eats crabgrass like a mad man when he's out playing. That being said, he'll eat regular grass too. And dead grass if that's the only thing nearby. Weirdo..

Dayaxaron

Dogs are not carnivores. Probably the food you are giving them does not contain enough fibers. Dogs need "meat" and "vegetables". they are omnivores. This is exaggerating, but when you only feed them meat, they will start grazing, really. So, change the food you give them, and they will stop. Or give them extra vegetables or fruit. Or let them eat the grass. It will not harm them.

Where did you learn that?

Both dogs here (Pit and Zero) are on a raw diet where they get no veggies. Zero eats grass when he's out playing, Pit doesn't eat grass unless he has diarrhea or has been puking. And if that is the case, then that doesn't explain why my cat (carnivore) eats grass, too. Except maybe that he likes the taste.

Bailey08

LOL, I'm glad I read this. Bailey has developed a real affinity for grass over the past couple of months!

Members online

No members online now.