Bladder Stones?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Last couple days I've been thinking has had a UTI again (just had one in April). She peed on my bed a bit ago when I was outta the room. Her pee is kinda sandy... or well it looks like there is sugar in it. And there was this sitting right in the middle of it.

The bed

The "stone"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladder_stone_(animal)
It looks like a calcium oxalate stone? Idk... I know Miniature Schnauzers are prone to it... but it seems like she's been the little problem dog of late. Hystiocytoma last year, UTI last year and UTI in April... now maybe bladder stone. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WE had a lab at the kennels that had so many bladder stones they filled a mason jar when removed. I still have one. IT is about the size of a superball you would get from a gumball machine. THe small one not the giant one, smooth and round. My son showed it to a friend of his and asked him to guess what it was. When his friend said he didn't kow my son said taste it. OMG he did it too. I told him never ever do anything my son tells you to. WHen we told him what it was he looked postively green.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

$160.50 later... stone she passed this morning has been sent away for tests, she's on Amoxicillan, and was prescribed s/d food.

You can see two huge ones the vet could feel palpitating her bladder, some medium sized ones, and there were some more smaller/grainy ones that arent showing up in the pic I took.

F

FluffyZooCrew

Poor darlin'. Moms dachshund has had stones before, and used to get blocked with them. She passed one one day that was almost the size of a small grape. *Shudders*

The vet put her on S/D as well, because it breaks apart the stones, and then he put her on C/D afterwards to prevent anymore stones from coming back. She never had a problem after that.

Give Kiba a hug for me!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
yeah my moms dog is having the same trouble. she HATED the hill's food and wouldn't eat it. now she is on some royal canidae food or whatever it's called lol and she loves that food.

Members online

No members online now.